News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on January 06, 2017, 04:45:19 PMDude Roscoe- has it really been over half a decade you have been on gp? Where did time go?
It flew by. I found you nuts around 2010, after cybersnooping looking for an Apostolic forum. Read Mel's big moving to Mississippi thread, snooped around some more, decided I liked y'all and dove in. So- blame Mel. :ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I cooked lunch on the wood stove since it was already hot.
Roast, gravy, black eyed peas & broccoli/caliaflower mix.
I made the rice in a rice cooker. 0:-)

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on January 06, 2017, 04:55:38 PM
Quote from: sunlight on January 06, 2017, 04:45:19 PMDude Roscoe- has it really been over half a decade you have been on gp? Where did time go?
It flew by. I found you nuts around 2010, after cybersnooping looking for an Apostolic forum. Read Mel's big moving to Mississippi thread, snooped around some more, decided I liked y'all and dove in. So- blame Mel. :ugly:

I'm glad you did.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

Feeling hearbroken. Found out today that a friend of mine passed away in his sleep last night. We all use to chat in the Apostolic chatroom back in the day before we could drive. He was one of my absolutely best friends that I still kept in contact with from those days. He's been through a lot in his few years. He lost his younger sister when we were in our teens, and then just lost his mom a few years ago. I didn't even know his dad. I pray for the remainder of his family as they deal with his loss. They've sent his body for autopsy since he did pass away in his sleep.  He was the reason I had my yellow flag on my signature line for so long. He was in the Marines (and as a recruiter) and now worked for the bureau of prisons. He was an absolutely all-around great guy, and I don't throw that around lightly either.

In other news - it snowed off and on today and yesterday. It's beautiful, but thankfully not really much to speak of on the ground.

And in another other news, I hit a bobcat last night on the way home from work on the interstate. The front right side took the brunt, and we will probably have to replace my bumper.

MelodyB

Wow..I havent checked in since before Christmas!

I caught up on this thread at least though.

Heather, anytime you want to visit is fine by me. Just give me about a week notice to prepare mentally and run the vacuum. Lol

Roscoe...dont blame me for your presence here!

Christmas was amazing. Spent five days and four nights in Florida with my favorite cousins. Spent actual Christmas day at my Brothers house and my other Brother and his family came also. It was the very first Chirstmas in many years that the three of us spent together. And sad to say, because my parents were not here, it was drama free and enjoyable. I miss my parents, but they did add a ton of drama to our family, especially on holidays.

My brother gave me an electric SMOKER!! so far I've tried some chicken leg quarters that didn't do so well, I had to finish them in the oven...but I had a friend come over and he looked at it and gave me a few pointers and so I'll try it again. I acquired two cans of beer from my non-church going brother, and I plan to smoke a beer-can whole chicken when I get the hang of this smoker.

Yesterday, I fired it up and made hamburger patties and smoked an onion! Delicious! Not ready to do big meats yet. I'm scared. Lol I need Roscoe to visit and show me some things.

Work is work. I'm still amazed at the stupidity of humans. Especially in the drive thru. No Sir, a Mocha iced coffee does not have caramel in it. And I had a lady argue with me that she paid for a LARGE iced coffee and i gave her a small...we only have one size. You paid the one price and I gave you the only size we have. But she insisted she paid for a LARGE. No. Our one size really is nearly three dollars. Sorry.

She sped away after snatching it out of my hand. I hope she spilled it on herself. Lol

It is freezing cold currently, and supposed to get colder as the weekend progresses. I am reclined in my chair, with my heating pad on my back, and a blanket. The dryer is on, and so far this winter I still have not used the heat and I am quite cozy.

Speaking of kittens...Beans is in heat, and driving me nuts the past few weeks. She howls and cries and wanders around pitifully. Knut just looks at her and then at me like "Mom, make her stop! What is her problem?!"

Luckily she has calmed down some, but as soon as I get my refund she is getting a snip snip. Sorry Isaac, no new litter for you to have.

I think that's my update. Oh...in food stuffs, I put some beef tips in the crockpot on high for about three hours the other day, I seasoned them and put a chopped onion on top, along with peppercini peppers, and then added fresh mushrooms, a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes and let that coom down, then thickened the gravy with some cornstarch and water... HOLY ROSCOE MOSES!!! AMAZING.  I made rice and had a feast. Ate on it for three meals. Wish I had some more beef tips and I'd make it again. Lol

Ok. I guess that's all.

For now.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

Lynx

MelodyB: Thanks for the update. Next time don't let it pile up so long before updating.

And lemme know next time you do beef tips. Or anything in the smoker. :D

And about the Holy Roscoe Moses thing... I dunno about the holy part. It seems to depend on how many idiots he has had to fill out paperwork on at work lately. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on January 06, 2017, 09:27:43 PMHOLY ROSCOE MOSES!!! AMAZING.
Yes, my child. I am, indeed amazing. And holy at times. :hypocrite:

Nelle- good to see you here, sorry to hear of your loss.
And Isaac, you're right- my holiness does occasionally seem to correlate with how many idiots I have to revoke.
And sunlight- I is glad I came here too. You nuts have probably saved me more times than you know.
And PF- I was good until you said black eyed peas, broccoli/cauliflower and rice. Ick.

And Mel, the electric smoker is easy and awesome..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Morning, all. I slept in this morning. Lou's mama called, apparently the roads are clear, so Chey is headed to her house for the night. Lou and I are gonna slip over a couple hours west and see if I can catch Sasquatch in his den.  While I enjoy visiting with the Beast, Lou is gonna spend time with Beauty, aka, Chellebelle. :lol:
Maybe I can get him to get a ham antenna up while I'm there....

The Purple Fuzzy

Y'all try to stay out of trouble. Lol

I should know better than even hoping that will happen. ;)

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 07, 2017, 06:00:02 PMMaybe I can get him to get a ham antenna up while I'm there....
So he can pester you MORE?  Great idea!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

And there I was, minding my own business, when suddenly a leprechaun showed up....

We had a great time of fellowship, then I introduced them to the Hippie Castle (local landmark), Georges (what a burger, and a 5 pound bag of taters made into fries for every order), and Braums.  Roscoe had never tried Braums. I questioned our friendship.  He got ice cream.  He's now a believer.

I also let him try my VR Headset.  I now have 14 bullet holes, 3 missing windows, and a warrant out for his arrest after the haunted house spooked him.  His reaction was worth it.

Now I should be up and on my way to prepare for church, but I'm typing this.

Maybe I'll have him preach just to teach him about shooting at things that aren't really there.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 08, 2017, 12:05:47 PMAnd there I was, minding my own business, when suddenly a leprechaun showed up....

We had a great time of fellowship, then I introduced them to the Hippie Castle (local landmark), Georges (what a burger, and a 5 pound bag of taters made into fries for every order), and Braums.  Roscoe had never tried Braums. I questioned our friendship.  He got ice cream.  He's now a believer.

I also let him try my VR Headset.  I now have 14 bullet holes, 3 missing windows, and a warrant out for his arrest after the haunted house spooked him.  His reaction was worth it.

Now I should be up and on my way to prepare for church, but I'm typing this.

Maybe I'll have him preach just to teach him about shooting at things that aren't really there.

:ugly:
My side shall come later. And if I preach , I may shoot something that IS really here...anyone know how to full body mount a Sasquatch?

Heather

I can't even remember the last thing I posted. I currently have no financial aid and am waiting to see if my appeal paperwork goes through. I should know by Tuesday [in theory].

Our heat went out a few days ago. Thankful for the wood fireplace but I've never tended one before [hello trailerpark childhood!]. We camped out in the living room floor last night. Olli wanted to sleep on my head. It was weird. We have 5-6 inches of snow on the ground and it was 10 degrees when we woke up.

Regardless of whether school works out or not, I have a job. One of my old employers messaged me saying she desperately needs help. She will work around school if it happens or I'll work for her almost full time if it doesn't. I'm excited. I first started working for her 11 years ago this month. Lol.

That's all. I have to go tend the fireplace and tuck my fingers back in my gloves.

Mel-my visit will be dependent of whether school works out or not. We will let you know.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Okay. So- we decided to go over and torment Mini and familia as is our custom yearly, even though it is a couple weeks later than normal. When we showed up, we got to see their beautiful new casa, and enjoyed the company as well. I showed off my gun, we decided it was too cold to mess with the radio antenna- it was encased in ice anyway- and then we wandered out to dinner and to spy the sights of the land. A wonderful time....then Mini decided to show me his VR headset. Something I've never had. Keep in mind, I AM wearing, in the spot I would normally be wearing for the last 15 years, and thus the muscle memory, my new 1911 .45 Kimber pistol.
This nut que's up a haunted house scene. And man is it realistic. Like you are there. I cyber-walk into this castle and get assaulted by bats flying at me, pictures falling off of the wall, blood dripping. Yeesh. If it hadn't been for the laughter of them at my expense watching me react, I'd have thought I was actually there, shot something and had to repent for language. As it was, it frightened me outta another two years' growth! :pound:  :pound:
 I need a VR Headset. And a DragRacing game.  And maybe a shooting game ..."Hunting Sasquatch".. :freaky2:  :freaky2:

Now we're back home, I have a pounding headache for some reason and I'm gonna take a nap before we go to church.
Oh yeah, we went to church this morning too. Good service excellent preaching, and Sasquatch only made me testify so I no shooted him.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Lynx

Best line of the whole show:
"You actually like this?"
"No!"
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

At some point (I think where he was at, I've never been brave enough to go that far) is a certain...um...board...used to communicate with spirits.

You don't interact with it, it's just there.

It spooked him.

Roscoe

Yes. The board is laying on the table. I never went further.
But it is totally realistic.
 And in sharing. I'm catching up on 10,000 things that need to be done, and back to eating diet food to make up for the 5 lbs of fries and the Braum's ice cream that Mini sabatoged me with..

sunlight

Roscoe

My new favorite.  And in sharing I got shanghai'd into a Glock armourer recertification class today. Been several years,  I hope I can remember  enough to pass the test..

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

I don't really like ice cream, but when I do it's a non-creamy type.....and Braums one summer had a blood-orange sherbert....ohhhh man. That was amazing.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: