News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Because "I want it I want it I WANT IT!!!"
*Jumping, kicking, screaming, all the other pitching-a-fit stuff.

Also because many people are deliberately short-sighted when it comes to something they want. They know the cost but they intentionally avoid thinking about it because that would get in the way of getting what they want. That's why credit card companies are still in existence. If credit card companies had to rely on people using cards only for emergencies the companies would go under, fast.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 01, 2017, 12:46:16 AMWhy do people go spend money they don't have to spare on something they don't even need when they owe money to someone?!? Grr.
By that statement I should probably not have anything. Granted the "Someone" I owe is to banks and corporations, but.....
I understand your frustrations though.
And in regards to that, I am trying to get us on the same page for the year to work the Dave Ramsey plan like it should be. We've halfheartedly done it two or three times over the years, enough to know that 1) it works and 2) it is painful.  In fact, when I read your post I was downloading my Quicken software onto the newish computer- I'd not done that yet- so I can work on the budget.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 01, 2017, 07:53:01 PMI've been looking at Quicken.  How do you like it?
I cheaped out and got the 2011 version. It's okay....I liked the old Microsoft Money better, but that may be because it was my first program and I was familiar with it. I just haven't had time to play with Quicken that much yet. My little local bank doesn't appear to play along with ANY programing software as far as automatic downloads and integration, so some of the main draws for it- ironically some of the very features I bought it for- doesn't work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I was reading on the current version, 2017.  Looks like it's only $38 on Amazon.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 02, 2017, 06:58:05 PMI was reading on the current version, 2017.  Looks like it's only $38 on Amazon.
I think I ebayed the 2011 version for 8 bucks, free shipping. It looked to do all I wanted- right up until my bank changed their online system.

Lynx

But your little local bank is the one where they know your name and if you needed a loan they know you would repay it and wouldn't even bother pulling up your credit score online, right? I'll take a little local bank over a bank that will network with popular accounting software any day.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Thus- none working software and no bank change... We've came to the conclusion that it is better to have a small town bank than one with all the modern frills. May not work for some, but it does for us. We nearly changed that when I worked in Little Rock, just so I'd have access to the account while at work, but I never got around to it. Just as well now that I work local.
And in sharing- tomorrow is back to the grindstone. It'll likely take me a week to get halfway caught up after having the week off...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 03, 2017, 01:23:39 AMAnd in sharing- tomorrow is back to the grindstone. It'll likely take me a week to get halfway caught up after having the week off...

About time you do some work. :pound:

Last undergrad term! :clap: Eight weeks and I'm done with my Bachelor's!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

My God. Walked into the mess that I knew I would today...thank GOD for competent coworkers who take care of each other. Had court right off the bat this morning. Just now got back to the office. On the diet, so lunch was a bowl of Lou's deer meat unstuffed cabbage rolls. Breakfast was a yogurt. Only thing I excepted was a cup of coffee with honey and creamer, probably 150 calories, but I didn't get to drink but half of it...

mini

You shared that recipe somewhere. Would you do so again?

In other news, I have greatly limited all other forms of social media so now I resort to bugging you fine folks...and Roscoe.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 03, 2017, 07:28:37 PMYou shared that recipe somewhere. Would you do so again?

In other news, I have greatly limited all other forms of social media so now I resort to bugging you fine folks...and Roscoe.
UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
 Ingredients:
 1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef
 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
 1 large onion, chopped
 1 clove garlic, minced
 1 small cabbage, chopped
 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) low sodium diced tomatoes
 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
 1/2 cup water
 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
 1 teaspoon sea salt
 Directions:
 In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
 Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
 Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
 Yield: Serves 6 to 8.
Lou substituted ground deer meat for the lean ground beef,  drained Rotel for the tomatoes, and used Head Country Seasoning to season the meat while cooking it

Voila.
And good on the limiting other social media. Anything that will drive you back to GP. I'd hack Seth's FB password and lock him out were I able, just to drive his cranky butt back here..

Lynx

All those substitutions sound like movements in the right direction Bobby. I look at a recipe as a record of kitchen experiments. If the experiment turned out good you write it down so you can do it again. As such, all recipes can be subject to change.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on January 03, 2017, 10:17:27 PM
Quote from: mini on January 03, 2017, 07:28:37 PMYou shared that recipe somewhere. Would you do so again?

UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
 Ingredients:
 1 large onion, chopped
 1 clove garlic, minced
 1 small cabbage, chopped
 1/2 cup water
 1 teaspoon sea salt
 Directions:
 In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
 Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
Lou substituted ground deer meat for the lean ground beef,  drained Rotel for the tomatoes, and used Head Country Seasoning to season the meat while cooking it

Voila.
And good on the limiting other social media. Anything that will drive you back to GP. I'd hack Seth's FB password and lock him out were I able, just to drive his cranky butt back here..

That's what we made, but subbed venison for the beef.  Good stuff.

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on January 03, 2017, 10:17:27 PM

UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
 Ingredients:
 1 large onion, chopped
 1 clove garlic, minced
 1 small cabbage, chopped
 1/2 cup water
 1 teaspoon sea salt
 Directions:

Voila.

Us too. So maybe I will as well if I have time between work? I wasn't hardly on fb much anyways for the same reason though. No time to spare.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

sunlight

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:pound:
 I've had a major headache for two days. I'm trying to diet again- have actually dropped 6 lbs in the past week. And I am having to catch up with what seems like 10,000 offenders, many of whom have decided that they should use dope and/or get arrested. And on top of that my boss is blowing up my tailpipe again with audits of my files, once again pointing out things that are not yet due, as though they were. Some kind of weird version of faith I guess...:lol:

Roscoe

Hmm. One local forecaster says 1/2 inch of snow accumulation. Another says 2 to 3 inches. I wonder who to believe??

sunlight

Robbie keeps telling me horror stories about how cold it's going to get.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 06, 2017, 04:41:26 AMWe have the wood stove going. :)
I recall from my childhood days the worst part of having a wood stove - going out in the freezing cold to get more wood. If we could have had three cords of wood inside the house (maybe with a Bag of Holding) a wood stove would have been great.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

We have snow. And I have a car with ABS disabled, which means the car can slide if you lock down the brakes. And I'm going to have some fun today. That is all.

No wait, that is not all.

:D :D :D :D :D

Now that is all.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

So. The 2 to 3 inch forecaster was right. And we have more coming from Germ's direction. So- the good is- no work. Totally loving the nonessential personnel status for the first time in 15 years.I have bread rising, and have arranged to barter a loaf of said bread for a bowl of the neighbor's deer chili at lunch. And due to the weather, I won't be spending money this weekend.
The bad- I have bread rising and have arranged to barter a loaf of said bread for a bowl of the neighbor's deer chili at lunch. My diet is totally dying today. And due to the weather I won't be spending money this weekend. Lou and I were gonna slip over to Chellebelle and Germ's tonight or early tomorrow. Was really looking forward to it, as Grandma was gonna keep Chey. Bah.

sunlight

Dude Roscoe- has it really been over half a decade you have been on gp? Where did time go?