SippinTea

Thanks, Dina. :)

I wait. I love.

I wonder.
But only time will tell.

I wish.
But only action makes wishes come true.

I worry.
But only faith and prayer will do any good.

I wait.
But I will worship in the waiting.

I long.
But there is purpose for the delay.

I look.
But even the evidence is sometimes faulty.

I list.
But give God the eraser.

I love.
But only from a distance for now.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Ashlee

Wow.  That's awesome Ruby!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

That is an awesome Ruby! :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

iridiscente

:sing: "Resting in the peace that only comes in the waiting..." :sing:

SippinTea

Among the riffraff

"And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples. And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners? But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick. But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (Matt 9:10-13)

When I read this passage earlier today, I had to ask myself: Do I hang out with outcasts? Can I be found among the riffraff?

Sometimes I think that too many of my friends look and act too much like I do. But perhaps not. There's B, who seems to go home drunk more often than he comes home sober. There's R, who is so emotionally needy that she might as well be 5, rather than the 60-whatever she really is. There's A, whose Dad has had--what is it now? four?--affairs within the last year. There's V, who has messed up so many times, in so many ways, that his life looks like you put a goat in a china store. There's D, who had two babies before she was married, lived like a lonesome little alley cat, screams at her four kids, and dresses like she belongs in a strip joint. There's N, who has piercings in places God never intended to be pierced. There's C & D, who can't hold down a job for any length of time, and who live in a junky travel trailer because they can't afford anything else, and who really should take a shower a little more often--say, once a month or so.

Most of 'polite society' (whatever that is) wouldn't want to be found chatting with most of these people. But these people are folks I know quite well. And I'm realizing more and more that what you see on the outside isn't important. The packaging, the layers, the look, the stuff, the surroundings, the circumstances... these are inconsequential.

The truth is: everyone looks the same if you can see past the packaging. The truth is: everyone has a soul. The truth is: God created every one of us in His own image. The truth is: every last person on this planet matters to Him. The truth is: every last person on this planet should matter to me. The truth is: everybody needs to hear about Jesus. The truth is: everybody needs to know His love. The truth is: it's up to me (and you) to show them His love. The truth is: we're all sinners that need a Savior.

I think I need more friends among the riffraff.

SippinTea

Falling in love all over again

My heart is caught by Him, utterly captivated by His beauty, awestruck at the love that He shows me, humbled by His grace, enthralled by who He is, delighted with the intimate ways He showed Himself to me this week, enchanted by all the little things He did to make me smile, and...

Once again I'm wildly in love with Him. A love so great, so wonderful, so terrible, it almost takes my breath at times.

And this is an answer to prayer.

Last February I wrote in my journal:
     "Although I'm tempted to say I no longer know who God is, the truth of the matter is that I no longer know who I am. I've been too busy doing, and have forgotten how to be. I've been too busy serving, and have forgotten how to know. At which point I am forced to ask just who it is I have been serving. Myself, perhaps. Because I'm quite certain He once said that His yoke was easy and His burden light. And mine certainly hasn't been. I've nearly forgotten what happiness feels like, what helpless laughter is, what childlike enchantment is, how a peaceful heart feels.
     The point is that I'm desperate to recover what I've lost. The far-off dream of knowing I'm loved regardless of my actions, knowing contentment regardless of my circumstances, knowing peace though my day is hectic. The utter relief of knowing Him. Really knowing Him. And in being known.
     I wonder if that is even possible to find once again."

I'm overwhelmed. Just remembering how dark life has felt at times during the past year, and to think that He listened to the cry, the longing, and to suddenly realize that He longed for me, too.

What utter relief it is to be in His arms. To step inside that circle, and realize that nothing, no one, can touch me when I'm hidden in Him. To know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am loved. Completely.

This is what it means to be held. This is what it means to know I'm forgiven. This is what it means to be loved. This is what it means to be at peace. This is what it means to be captivated by Someone. This is what it means to be falling in love all over again.

Draw me close to you, never let me go
I lay it all down again to hear you say that I'm your friend
You are my desire, no one else will do
Nothing else can take the place
To feel the warmth of Your embrace
Help me find the way, bring me back to You

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are near

It had been so very long since I'd really felt Him. I knew with my head that He was there. I knew with my head that He was still good. But I couldn't feel Him. What a lovely thing it is to be back where I belong.

You are the love of my life
You are the hope that I cling to
You mean more than this world to me
I wouldn't trade You for silver or gold
I wouldn't trade You for riches untold
You are
You are my everything

almondjoy

sunlight

* sunlight hugs Rwooby... Thanks for sharing

titushome

I don't know how I missed this thread for the last four months, but I'm all caught up now.

You're a very talented writer, Ruby.  And a very introspective person.  And, from what I can see, a very godly woman.  Don't stop reaching.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

SippinTea

Quote from: titushome on August 06, 2008, 01:56:13 PM
You're a very talented writer, Ruby.  And a very introspective person.  And, from what I can see, a very godly woman.  Don't stop reaching.

Thanks, Don. That's a very high compliment coming from you. *smile*

I go through spurts where I write like mad for several days or even weeks, and then... weeks or months of nothing. *shrug*

Rae

Beautiful Ruby! You are incredibly talented. I feel your heart!

SippinTea

Thanks Rae. :) You're a sweety.

Rae

titushome

Quote from: SippinTea on August 06, 2008, 03:23:00 PM
Thanks, Don. That's a very high compliment coming from you.

You said something like that once before - am I stingy with compliments or something?  ;)
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

SippinTea

Stingy? Nah. But you don't hand them out constantly, and when you give them you really mean them. :)

apsurf

Ruby, Something I remember that helps me alot when I feel completely forsaken is these 2 sets of verses.  I think you have seen them before, but it is always worth the repeat.

Job 35:9-11 (New International Version)   

9 "Men cry out under a load of oppression;
       they plead for relief from the arm of the powerful.

10 But no one says, 'Where is God my Maker,
       who gives songs in the night,
  11 who teaches more to us than to [a] the beasts of the earth
       and makes us wiser than  the birds of the air?'

Psalm 42:5-8 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV) 

5Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

6O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

7Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

8Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

"In the Garden"

1.   I come to the garden alone
   while the dew is still on the roses,
   and the voice I hear falling on my ear,
   the Son of God discloses.
Refrain:
   And he walks with me, and he talks with me,
   and he tells me I am his own;
   and the joy we share as we tary there,
   none other has ever known.

2.   He speaks, and the sound of his voice
   is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
   and the melody that he gave to me
   within my heart is ringing.
   (Refrain)

3.   I'd stay in the garden with him
   though the night around me be falling,
   but he bids me go; thru the voice of woe
   his voice to me is calling.

SippinTea

You're right, Brandon! Those are great passages. And He did indeed give me songs in the night during those darker days. I'm just very thankful the sun/Son broke through and it's not so cloudy anymore. :)

iridiscente

You need to come visit some of the riff-raff friends you have in TX!

SippinTea

*grin* If my riffraff friends in TX don't mind being visited by riffraff from OR... it sounds like a simply mah-velous idea. The how and when might be a tad more difficult to work out, however. ;)

RainbowJingles

*ahem*  California is on the WAY to Texas, thankyouverymuch.  Stop here first before you go see Dina and your *cough* other friends in Texas.

sunlight

* sunlight checks the tickets to Ca... :lol:

iridiscente

Quote from: RainbowJingles on August 14, 2008, 10:41:58 PM
*ahem*  California is on the WAY to Texas, thankyouverymuch.  Stop here first before you go see Dina and your *cough* other friends in Texas.
yeah... I'm not the ONLY riffraff around here.