News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

titushome

Quote from: SippinTea on March 07, 2007, 03:22:51 PM
A mature adult should likely word this differently...something like 'Be engaged in the moment'...

Nah.

Here's to a day full of childlike wonder....

Yeah!
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

Classicrambler

My thought for today:
It's too easy to live in the past, or be wishing to live in the future...be I want to live HERE, in the right now, putting all of me into the moment.

"Don't let the what-might-have-beens kill the what-can-bes." -CR

Or in this case,

"Don't let the what-might-bes hinder the what-are-bes..." Ok, that makes no sense at all; an official word from The Rambler.

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on February 18, 2007, 03:43:42 PM
whenever my dad sings "He's got the whole world in his hands" with the kids he always claps his hand at the end and then looks down at his hands in horror.... so when I read that line in your ramble.... LOL I'm sorry thats just what came to mind  LOL
I'm so twisted

:laughhard: THAT, my friend, is HYSTERICALLY funny!   :laughhard:
I'm going to have to do that sometime...  and tell my brother about it, as well.  I can really envision him using that one in his services.  :-)

Amelia Bedelia

LarryTheCucumber

Hmmm...seems like I'm doing an inordinate amount of Random Rambling this week. You don't even want to know how many new pages of Rambles are in my journal.  :o  Guess I think things through better when I'm Rambling.

My thought for today:
It's too easy to live in the past, or be wishing to live in the future...be I want to live HERE, in the right now, putting all of me into the moment. In light of that...I'm on a quest this week to see how many things I can notice in small moments that I might've missed by not being really 'present'. The second part of my quest is to purposely set out to find a whole host of small and enjoyable things I haven't done for a long time, and then DO them. High on my list of priorities for today is blowing bubbles with the kids, and skipping down the sidewalk instead of walking, and sending a 'just because' card to someone I love. I may also read a chapter in Mrs. Piggle Wiggle, and if it starts raining I may go stomp in a puddle--just because I can.

A mature adult should likely word this differently...something like 'Be engaged in the moment'...meaning pay attention during that incredibly boring meeting at work, and try not to fall asleep in church, and be ready to pounce for that big sale headed your way....but I'm not going to say that. Perhaps it says something about me, and perhaps it doesn't, but....

Here's to a day full of childlike wonder....

:beret:
:great:

being an adult isn't all its cracked up to be.

I think I shocked sister Charlotte recently by doing somersaults in the park with Manny and Tina  :laughhard:

life's too short to be stuffy.

SippinTea

Awwww...wish I'd been there. I'd have....

well, maybe not.  :biglaugh:

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

newkris

well, ST, i think it would have depended on what you were wearing and who was around . . .

go ahead!  do some flips, if you still can!

i am finding that although time takes it's toll . .  . i still enjoy walking the tightrope (well, okay, it's only parking stops, but they're high for me) arms outstretched, carefully balanced . . and i can still do it.

i love walking in a pile of snow and kicking it high into the air to watch it "snow" again.  and i love to feel the snow on my face . . cool diamond drops drifting down.

i love splashing in puddles - if i don't have to wear those shoes for the rest of the day - and i think i'll get plenty of that now that the snow is finally melting.

i love to see the sunrise and breathe in the air of a new day.

life is not about "aging".  life is about living and enjoying each gift God gives us along the way.

why grow up?
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

terp

I learned something about myself last night.  I love learning.  (No, that's not what I learned...I already knew that!)  Anyway, rather than fill up a ramblin' thread, I thought I'd just say I learned something.  Smile. 

Happy Saturday to all!!!!  Expecially to those of you that are watching snow melt; like me.   :great:  Yay for spring.
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

Classicrambler

No snow here...but I just ordered a bunch of resistors from mouser.com  :freaky2:

SippinTea

Interesting how life takes such odd twists and turns, isn't it? Things you never expected, things you never wanted but they happened anyway, things you always longed for but thought would never happen, events that 'just happened', people you 'just happened' to meet...and somewhere in the center of it all our choices lie. Choices to accept the things we never wanted and choices to grow through that experience...choices to make that phone call or write that letter...choices to forgive and let it go...choices to live in the moment of the unexpected pleasures, taking them as they come.  Choices that can be exciting and frightening--sometimes both at the same time. Knowing that the opportunity to make that choice won't come again, because it's only in that moment--and you won't pass this way again.

Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something mean choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith.
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. "
James 1:5-6

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts"
Col. 3:15

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Phil 4:7

Points of Ponderance...

LarryTheCucumber

Quote from: SippinTea on March 11, 2007, 06:02:56 AM
...and somewhere in the center of it all our choices lie. Choices to accept the things we never wanted and choices to grow through that experience...choices to make that phone call or write that letter...choices to forgive and let it go...choices to live in the moment of the unexpected pleasures, taking them as they come.  Choices that can be exciting and frightening--sometimes both at the same time. Knowing that the opportunity to make that choice won't come again, because it's only in that moment--and you won't pass this way again.
yes.

:updown:

newkris

what are some things you choose to keep?

what are some things you have chosen to let go of?

i have chosen to be alive.

i have chosen to let go of bitterness, wrath, evil speaking, clamoring, and hurting.

*breathe deep*  today . . . is another brand new day.
me, too.

there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Classicrambler

"Great disappointments will not occur if you have no expectations."

-another great word of wisdom from the ever rambling CR  :sadbounce:

There's a song in there somewhere, just let me work on it.  :thumbsup2:

SippinTea

Quote from: newkris on March 13, 2007, 10:57:13 PM
what are some things you choose to keep?

what are some things you have chosen to let go of?

Hmmm...rambling off the top of my head....

I choose to value the lessons I've learned in the dark times of life, and choose to let those hard times make me a better person.
I choose to keep a forgiving spirit when I see the inconsistencies and two-facedness of people that should know better.
I choose to let go of my rights when they might cause someone else to stumble.
I choose to keep the good memories, and let go of the bad.
I choose to keep certain boundaries and standards I've made for myself, even when I'm made fun of and misunderstood.
I choose to let go of the pride that says that people who don't look like me, act like me, talk like me...don't love God, too.

Quote from: newkris on March 13, 2007, 10:57:13 PM
*breathe deep*  today . . . is another brand new day.

:great: Yes, it is! (Or will be tomorrow morning, anyway.)  :)  And isn't it amazing to think that His mercies will be new again in the morning?!?

SippinTea

Adapted from a statement in Joanna Weaver's book Having a Mary Spirit:

Don't walk through life a pale imitation of what you might have been.

newkris

ooh . . . i like that!  not quite like being a shadow - which would denote having left the scene with only a memory behind - but living in the middle of life without having any life, any purpose, any strength.  hhhmm .  . that's one to ponder.
me, too.

Amelia Bedelia

but tanning is unhealthy!
and fake tanners look well, fake

I do like that quote though... hits a little too close though   LOL

SippinTea

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on March 16, 2007, 11:11:58 PM
I do like that quote though... hits a little too close though   LOL

I know.  :-\ That's why it struck me, too.  Something I've been mulling over for a few days.

SippinTea

Taken (again) from Having a Mary Spirit

After being bound in darkness for so long, the light was nearly blinding. but as the Man pulled her to her feet, gently smoothing her wild hair, she could feel His love. The demons had not been kind. Many years of torment had left her only a shell.

The demons had taken. This Man only gave. His words, His acceptance, the smile in His eyes welcomed her back to life. For the first time in years, she felt a stirring of hope. As if the person she used to be and the person His eyes told her she could now be were about to meet.

As she stood to her feet and looked Him in the face, she realized the fear was gone. So was the seething self-hatred. Only hope remained. And, to her surprise, a small bubble of joy slipped out in breathless laughter.

He laughed as well. For they both knew something marvelous had happened.

She'd been set free.

While I've never been demon possessed, there were a lot of things in this quote that I can identify with. Won't go into detail here, but two weeks ago God did something amazing for me, and I feel like I've been given a new lease on life. John 8:36--"So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

newkris

that's deep.  yep.  know that feeling well. 

reminds me of a New Year's Morning when i walked in the sunshine and felt the warmth of His touch on my face and the strength of His arms carrying me.  that's why i wasn't afraid to cross the bridge.  i had seen Him in the park before and knew He was with me crossing the bridge. 

hhhmmm . .  something about feeling hands of Grace lifting you that makes you want to live again.
me, too.

SippinTea

....And if any of you are wailing like me, "But I still don't have all the answers!"  I guess maybe we should remember that God has filled in enough of the blanks to invite us to trust Him with the rest.

Erg. There's that 'trust' word again. I'm getting the distinct impression _maybe_ God is trying to tell me something. Like maybe I have a problem.  :updown:  LOL

But then I remember also that He loves me in spite of myself, and even when I'm being a turkey--His love is just as big as it ever was or ever will be. Because He never, never changes, and His love isn't based on my performance. *big sigh* Thank you, Jesus!

Sister_Mom

I haven't been in here in a while, and wanted to tell you that these ramblings of yours are wonderful to read. The one today really hit me, especially the last part is something I definitely needed to hear today, and need to remember especially tomorrow. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.  :great:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

Thanks, Sis Mom! I honestly don't ramble for anyone but myself...but I'm glad if something I said encourages someone else or causes them to think. And it's nice to hear when it does... :)

SippinTea

The perfect quote for a gal like me that doesn't believe in fairy tales...

"True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked."  --Erich Segal

:updown: ...oh, wait that's  :beret:

LarryTheCucumber