News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

No Big Words, Isaac, ol' son, because Roscoe's dense in SHARING 4-7-1!

Started by Roscoe, October 19, 2012, 01:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on October 22, 2012, 04:14:04 PM
One of our Young people passed away in his sleep last night. My friend Ann's stepson.

:sadbounce:

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it.

*sigh*
Oh my, that's horrible!

Chseeads

awilkes05

Aw, Mel, I am so sorry! *tight hugs* I will be in prayer for you and your church family. How old was he?
"Take me to that place Lord, to that secret place, where I can be with YOU.  You can make me like You."

MelodyB

23. He had seizures pretty bad, they think that's what happened. Not sure just yet.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

*Psalm_97 shuffles in, looks around blearily and heads for the bar of dark chocolate (85% cocoa) on the counter.

Naaaaaah.  But I could probably use it today.  Morning y'all.

In other news, Blue Bell's "Southern Peach Cobbler" ice cream is pretty good.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

kkay

:( so sad, Mel

It's things like this that make it impossible for me to smite you...ever. For some reason, I just can't do it.

Almost lunch time.

taco_harvell

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 22, 2012, 04:26:01 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on October 22, 2012, 04:14:04 PM
One of our Young people passed away in his sleep last night. My friend Ann's stepson.

:sadbounce:

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it.

*sigh*
Oh my, that's horrible!

That is very sad!!

He was a really cool kid. I remember meeting him at your house. So sorry to hear that.

I really need some prayers. I think I must have a sinus infection of some sort. My head is killing me, running a fever (which I never do), and having a lot of trouble breathing head and chest. If I sit up for any length of time it literally feels like my ears are gonna burst and my eyes might pop out. I have to be at work at 5 in the morning. Not sure how yet but I have to be there no matter what. Please pray!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Looks like a cheerful guy.  At least he enjoyed life while he was living it.  :)

In other news, the board of health has issued a Social Consumption health pyramid.  Like the well known food pyramid, it is a visual guide to how much of what types of social interaction is good for a person.
http://thedoghousediaries.com/4636
Please follow this guide for your health, and so your family will not forget what you look like.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kkay

Almost quittin' time  :clap:

I kind of miss the old days. I've been thinking a lot about people I used to know and talk to.

Roscoe

:hi: One more day down......tomorrow is range day. Again. Oh, well, at least I get paid to shoot things. Be nice if some of the things were people that annoy me.... :smirk2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

Okay, the first thing I see upon my return is the "I'm Quitting" thread. Buahahahaha!!! It's really a pity Scott didn't catch the joke and locked up the thread, because it was totally hilarious, and you all were on a roll. :D

Both our oven and our van are having issues. Delightful. The oven won't be able to be fixed for about a week or so, and the van.... I still have no idea. The soonest they can take a look at it is tomorrow. Frustrating, but I'm trying to focus on all the GOOD things in life today.

On a totally random note, if anyone has a size 18/20 boy's winter coat available, I just might be VERY interested in purchasing it from you. :updown:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Chseeads

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:waving: Off to work..

Say a prayer for Lou if you find time. She woke up about three am in severe pain.....says it feels kinda like constipation type pain, in her lower back and stomach area.Last time it was some typle of viral infection that wasn't serious, but painful and expensive.
   Would appreciate God's touch... really can't afford an e.r. visit and they won't do anything more than give her a tylonol and charge  $1,000 anyway. She's gonna try to get a dr's appointment, but everyone knows getting in to see a doctor the same day you make the appointment don't happen..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I slept better than I thought I would. I guess I was really exhausted from all the emotions yesterday. But then I dreamed of Ian all night.

Just dropped Dad off at Dialysis, now I'm in the parking lot of the grocery store. Trying to figure out what to get to make for dinner. Guess I'll go in and walk around and maybe something will hit me.

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on October 22, 2012, 11:29:00 PM
Okay, the first thing I see upon my return is the "I'm Quitting" thread. Buahahahaha!!! It's really a pity Scott didn't catch the joke and locked up the thread, because it was totally hilarious, and you all were on a roll. :D

I do not recommend that you (or any other woman) quit.   But I am quitting.  :ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

kkay

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

mini

Quote from: minnesota68 on October 20, 2012, 12:58:17 PM
Merning.

Hunting at the moment.  Well...sitting here with my dad and daughter.  Its a youth rifle hunt here, so we had things mapped out well.  I was gonna sit in a stand they have been using and bow hunt while they tried a new spot.  Pa takes me to the stand at 6:30, waits till I walk in, and as I get nearly  to the stand, I realize someone is sitting in it!

Nearly scared the devil outta me.

Some neighbor kid who may or may not have permission snipped our hunting stand.  So I ask him if he is alone (he has a sister my daughter's age who does hunt here) and he says his dad is here...IN OUR OTHER STAND! 

We have 2 stands here, building a third...feeders, and hunting permission and rights.  Being run out of our stands after we set them up, is not what any hunter wants.  If they want to hunt here, work with us and don't take stands....

*sigh*

I need more coffee.

A little more on this story...

Pa talked to the land owner yesterday, and told him about having two guys in our stands.  Pa's main problem was not that they guys might or might not have permission to hunt, but that the guys failed to contact us and ask permission before hunting out of our stands.  At another place I hunt, I have permission to hunt in other peoples stands if they are not hunting.  I always contact them first, even if I know they are not hunting that day, and ask if they will be there, then get a ok to hunt.  Its common courtesy.

Well, as Pa explained what had happened to the land owner, we find out the son and his dad were both banned from the land last year!  The son had shot several deer, and never tracked them to find them, but just let them lay.  Nothing makes a real hunter or land owner madder than someone doing this.

The land owner was gone last weekend.  You pass by his house to get to the entrance of the hunting grounds.  These other people live right next to the fence that surrounds the hunting grounds.  So, they saw he was gone, snuck in on his property Saturday morning, and got caught hunting.

What upsets me is the fact that this dad is teaching his son a very bad lesson.  It is not ok to break the rules, it is not ok to trespass, it is not ok to be doing what he is doing.  When I make my daughter follow all the rules, people who break the rules bother me even more.

I am not trying to make this about hunting being right or wrong, so if you don't agree with hunting, I apologize in advance for offending you.  Not trying to do that by any means.  However, I have hunted since I was a very young kid, and enjoy it.  I was also taught that every hunter has a code of ethics that you abide by, and a code of ethics on other peoples property is as important as firearm saftey.

As matter of fact, the NRA Hunters Code Of Ethics states this:

QuoteI will consider myself an invited guest of the landowner, seeking his permission, and so conducting myself that I may be welcome in the future.

Number 2 on that list?

QuoteI will obey the rules of safe gun handling and will courteously but firmly insist that others who hunt with me do the same.

If you do a google search for "hunters code of ethics" nearly every list has a part talking about respecting the landowners, or asking permission.   

This incident also bothers me on a whole other level.  I live in a very rural part of my state.  We have many farmers and ranchers in the area, and there is much land surrounding me.  As a hunter, I ask permission to hunt, and if my dad has permission for both of us to hunt, I go as far as to check with the land owner on my own to obtain permission for myself.  When a hunter trespasses on property to hunt, shoots anything but does not harvest (track, find, and use the meat), or even invites friends who does not have permission, it makes the landowner unwilling to let anyone hunt.  That includes me, even when I did not break the rules.  As a result, hunting land becomes increasingly difficult to obtain.

In the end, everyone is worse off.

*sigh again*

Chseeads