News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

It will be like Heaven, when I finally find Kevin, in Sharing 4-5-7!!

Started by MelodyB, February 15, 2012, 05:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

kmymbir

Poor Kevin, I have been keeping an eye out, but the longer he's away the more it all seems like a fading image..
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

kmymbir

Hey King Coop, You didn't change your name did you? It's not actually Kevin is it?
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

taco_harvell

Could use some prayers was at church but had to be brought home. Really sick.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Ok so...I promised JJ I would tell the Kevin story in this thread. Lol

Several years ago, I had a very vivid dream that has stuck with me. In the dream, I was in Ocala Florida at our UPCI campgrounds. I was in a meeting of some sort, and it was in a room around a very large table. The meeting was over and I gathered my papers and things and stood up to leave, as I approached the door, an old friend stepped in my way and spoke to me. Her name is Kristen. She greeted me, and said "Melody! I haven't seen you in forever! How are you?" I replied "I am doing very well, we just moved back and are getting settled with things here" and she said "Who did you end up marrying?" and I replied "Kevin Bishop."

Her face dropped. I remember that in the dream, he was her cousin or distant relative, and she then asked me, very genuinely concerned "are things OK now?" and I replied "Yes, couldn't be better, we are so happy." and I meant it. I could feel the happiness as I talked to her. Then we both left the room and went on about our business.

When I woke up, I could remember every detail. I was older in the dream...don't know how much, but I knew I had been married awhile.

The next time I saw Kristen, which was a few months after having the dream, I told her about it, and she says she has never met anyone by that name at all. I told some friends about it at the time, and since then we all have been on the lookout for him. I have even googled the name, and I check phone books and ministerial directories now and then when the thought crosses my mind.

It's just weird that I would remember that so vividly, and it's stuck with me. It's kinda a joke, I always say that Kevin Bishop is who I am gonna marry someday, but honestly, if a man walked in and that really was his name, I would prolly pass out.

Lol

So that's the story. Anyone know him?

Melody

Good cell group tonight.  I made sloppy carmel pecan apple pie & coffee for a snack. 

Also, 3 days until Nathan's suprise birthday party!  He is oblivious so far.  We will have 32 people there, 9 are kids.  I can't figure out how much meat I need for tacos.  I thought 8lbs would do it but I have 7lbs & it doesn't seem like near enough. I'm thinking 6 more lbs maybe?  We'll also have spanish rice & black beans.  The tacos will be loaded with choices of: lettuce, tomatoes or rotel, sour cream, shredded cheese or nacho cheese, cilantro, green pepper, onion, black olives, on crunchy or soft taco shells or chips

PB bars for desert, iced tea, pink lemonade & water to drink, oh & coffee. 

Anybody have experience with this? Chel, Sandra?

Chseeads

I don't know, but make it 33....35 if I can find Kevin and pick up Mel Mel on the way.... :P

Melody

Only if u wear a party hat.  :)   & stand right in front when we yell SUPRISE! so it'll really confuse him.

kmymbir

Kevin Bishop played in a film called "The Muppet's Treasure Island".

MelodyB

Oh that's great. My future husband played alongside Kermit and Miss Piggy. :roll:

Lynx

I have no idea who Kevin Bishop is, but good luck. 

For 32 people?  How much meat you putting in those tacos?  I'd say 8 pounds oughta do it, unless someone is playing Taco Bell and loading up with 10 or 12 tacos.

Although considering some of the people I know... Maybe better make it 10 pounds.  >.>
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

* Chseeads weeps at the notion of being up at this hour to get ready for "work."  :sob:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on February 16, 2012, 11:44:21 AM
* Chseeads weeps at the notion of being up at this hour to get ready for "work."  :sob:
*  Roscoe joins Cheese in the weeping. :sob:

I am so glad it is my Friday. Lord. I feel like I've been run over.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Either I've heard the story or the name is familiar.  Did u check facebook?

Sun is out, I'm ready for spring.

My project for the day: wipe from top to bottom all 701 sanctuary seats. They're theater seats. You remember that when you pass gas in your pew hoping the cushion will absorb it.  :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Um... ew.

In other news, I'm awake and it's a beautiful grey day out.  Good day for taking long naps.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Mom and Dad went to the Dr, and I'm here at home. I cleaned the kitchen, and have steaks marinating for dinner tomorrow. Got some laundry going too. I've already been on the phone to Ann and Granny all morning, and texting other friends too. It's been a busy morning already. AND, I ran vinegar through the Keriug to de-scale it.

I think I'll go plug my phone in, and watch a couple episodes of NCIS while I wait on news from dad.

Oh...I should get something to eat too, since I haven't done that yet today.

Lynx

This should be an interesting song to make a soundtrack for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqNHxfD7Qic

I already ran it by the kids in Children's Church and they love it.  I'm thinking K. C. could be behind the baptistry, holding up a rock, a bird puppet, branches, for the verses.  Hmmm... maybe not.

The bass line and drums carry most of the song.  Maybe I'll get Bro. Hunter to play electric for the fills.
"Do you sing at church?"