News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

35 Lbs of hamburger

Started by Envelope, March 05, 2008, 10:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Envelope

My father found hamburger on sale...........and brought me 35 POUNDS of it!!!!!!!

I need some "easy" idea's for cooking.......besides hamburger's and spaghetti!!  (don't mention hamburger helper, I don't buy it!!  LOL)

can anyoe help me with it??

Thanks!!!!

Sharon

Sister_Mom

I have a few ideas: :up2:

1) Build a fire pit, and just burn the stuff until it's completely gone
2) Feed it to pets and neighborhood animals
3) Take it to the town dump and toss it
4) Sell it
5) Make small patties and freeze them and let your husband use them for target practice by you throwing them in the air while he shoots at them. Come to think of it, this is probably the best idea because it gives you and hubby quality, fun time and helps him keep up with his skills at the same time. This one gets my vote.  :great:

Otherwise, for me, hamburger meat is pretty useless. :yell:

I'll step back and let the beef lovers give some input now.  :biglaugh:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Amelia Bedelia

oh wow

I've always been a fan of just plain hamburger and some butter or alfredo noodles  LOL
I'd have it with anything as a side too...  just throw it in a frying pan with some garlic and eat it straight up

but don't tell anyone I have such simple tastes... I highly enjoy being taken out to fancy sushi joints and eating food that no one knows how to pronounce and eating all sorts of fancy schmancy organic vegan junk LOL

do a google search for hamburger recipes - you can do a ton of different casseroles that I'm sure the girls would like - throw in some spinach and ricotta and hide the veggies with the cheese and beef  :grin:

meatloafs
additions to dirty rice
shepherds pie
goulash
chili
if you like beef you can add it to just about anything in my opinion LOL

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on March 05, 2008, 10:18:52 PM

but don't tell anyone I have such simple tastes... I highly enjoy being taken out to fancy sushi joints and eating food that no one knows how to pronounce and eating all sorts of fancy schmancy organic vegan junk LOL

:drool: now yer talkin' about my kind of grub.  :great:

Hey Sharon!! Where's the beef?  :fork:

Sorry, it just came to me, I couldn't resist the urge, and next thing I know, it's typed out..... so what could I do but hit post?  :hypocrite:

By the way, "ain't God good! To give us soooo many blessings, underserving, that's what we are! We ought to thank Him, love and praise Him, a little more today, and a whole lot more tomorrow!"  :clap:
Just thought what an awesome blessing this provision is for you and would be for anyone with a family.  :great:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

BigUm

Beef is the Lord's meat...I love beef lol

It's the stuff legends are made of ;)  :thumbsup2:
"Good night now!" --Jim Rome :speech:

Amelia Bedelia

oh I am so craving a bowl of ground beef with garlic

my date should be here any minute though... we're probably hitting up jazz and pizza tonight

ugh I really want a bowl of beef now though!  LOL  thanks sharon!!  lol

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on March 05, 2008, 10:25:22 PM
oh I am so craving a bowl of ground beef with garlic

my date should be here any minute though... we're probably hitting up jazz and pizza tonight

ugh I really want a bowl of beef now though!  LOL  thanks sharon!!  lol

Maybe you'll get lucky and your date will take you to Sharon's place for dinner. You get the beef you're craving, get to see those two adorable girls and Sharon, you might even get to sit in the police car again.  :clap2: Does your date have a jet handy?  :biglaugh:

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Sister_Mom on March 05, 2008, 10:17:01 PM
I have a few ideas: :up2:

5) Make small patties and freeze them and use them on your husband for target practice by you throwing them at him while shooting at them. Come to think of it, this is probably the best idea because it gives you and hubby quality, fun time and helps him keep up with skills at the same time. This one gets my vote.  :great:

And you call that quality time??

:o :o :o

MsJennJenn

Yea I love just ground beef cooked with a little salt, or a little salsa! Yum!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

You could cook all kinds of beef dishes and invite Mom over for dinner. She would love that!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Tsalagi

World Traveler

Enchiladas!

Lasagna!

Hamburger ice cream!
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Envelope

um............enchiladas and lasagna sound GREAT!!!  Your 3rd option leaves a LOT to be desired!!!!

SisMom............I take it you don't like hamburger??

sharon

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on March 05, 2008, 11:10:21 PM
You could cook all kinds of beef dishes and invite Mom over for dinner. She would love that!

:pound:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: Envelope on March 06, 2008, 01:27:09 AM

sharon

You take it correctly, but take it a little farther..... I don't like anything that comes from a cow.  :thumbsup2:

MelodyB

You like milk and cheese dont you?

BigUm

Quote from: Sister_Mom on March 06, 2008, 04:02:32 AM

sharon

You take it correctly, but take it a little farther..... I don't like anything that comes from a cow.  :thumbsup2:
You don't like PIE?! ;)

:laughhard:
"Good night now!" --Jim Rome :speech:

MelodyB

Sister_Mom

Quote from: MelodyB on March 06, 2008, 04:14:11 AM
You like milk and cheese dont you?

Actually, no I don't like milk, but I do like cheese - but you can get cheese that doesn't come from a cow and if it wasn't so expensive that's what I would buy all the time.  :grin:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: BigUm on March 06, 2008, 04:15:23 AM
Quote from: Sister_Mom on March 06, 2008, 04:02:32 AM

sharon

You don't like PIE?! ;)

:laughhard:

Do you?  ???

MelodyB

Hmmm Mom likes cheese....I know another Mother of mine that likes cheese also. Kowinkkeedink? I dont think so.

SippinTea

*shakes head at Melody*

Sharon--my family loves making taco boats. We crush up tortilla chips in a bowl, and put hamburger, lettuce, tomato, olives, sour cream, and etc, on top. It's less messy then traditional tacos with kids. ;) No fingers.

How 'bout stuffed baked potatoes?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

txlnghrn

Here is a dish that we had a lot when i was a kid and I make it alot now that Im married too.....some people call it ghoulsh, casarole, chili, etc......

1lb Hamburger meat, browned
1 can wolf brand chili *if you dont have this brand then another brand of canned chili*
1 can Ranch Style Beans. *once again, not always available in all parts of the US*
1 can of Yellow or white hominy, drained
1 can of tomato sauce or can of v-8, cambells tomato sauce

Add all this together in a crock pot and add a dash of chili powder, salt and pepper.

I have tripled this recipe and it almost didnt fit into our crock pot so doubling would probably be best if you want more.

We eat this with a variety of things
1. Crackers
2. Rice
3. Cornbread
4. Mashed potatoes'

Hope this helps for a little different thing to eat...
The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34:18 NIV