News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

We have had no rain in quite a while. Not that I'm complaining at this point though. It's been nice out. A bit warm, but nice. Today is a sad day. One of my coworkers who has been here over 30 years is retiring, as I think I've mentioned before. Today is her last day.. she's really been a help to me since I got the job, and has been a friend since I worked for the police department years ago. I'm gonna miss her.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

We're having a yard sale with Chel. Someone needs to come buy this stuff!

Lynx

Sure thing! Do you ship? What do you have that I can't live without?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

By the way that was serious, not facetious. I will buy something and pay for shipping if you have something I can't live without.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I'm gonna start a petition that Chel and Robbie be forced to move to the area of America between me and Mini, aka no more than 2 hours away from me. It'll be good for all concerned. :hypocrite:

Made it through the day. My agency has communication issues. Even though I'd heard through the grapevine I'd get the office truck for a company vehicle, they failed to tell me until.....428 pm. We get off at 430. LOL So I now have a long wheel base Silverado for my company ride. As it saves me a tank of gas a week and wear and tear, I am pleased to have it, even if it is the opposite of anything I would choose for myself. A free ride's a free ride...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 05, 2016, 11:28:18 AMPretend it's Rusty.
I don't think even someone like me that lives in an alternate world 90 percent of the time could pull that off. :lol:

And I also got a backhanded compliment from my boss yesterday. They recently gave me 20 sex offenders to supervise....something I did NOT want, in any way shape or form. Their crimes disturb me, and they take a lot more watching to be sure they don't reoffend.
She and I were discussing this, and she said "Well, you got them because you are so detailed in your reports on visits and stuff. I need someone detailed with them." Then she laughed and said, "Yeah, I know, that's kinda like punishing you for doing a good job, but that's the way it is."

I decided that as much as I hate dealing with sex offenders, I'd at least take that as confirmation that I'm doing a good job.

And in sharing today- I woke up this morning early for a Saturday-8 am. My shoulder was hurting too bad to sleep. Part of getting old I guess. I've cleaned the inside of the house for lou, and I'm fixing to put a meatloaf on to smoke. Lou usually doesn't care for meatloaf, but even she likes the smoked meatloaf's I've made.

Heather

I'm at home...without my car...and a hurt ankle. The short story is I fell off a very crooked sidewalk and couldn't drive my car home from school so my friend Karen brought me home. The good news is it forces my 'senioritis' husband to have to go to classes monday because has to drive me back so I can get my car.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

New culinary term: Smoked meatloaf.  Wait, what? I have never heard of such. But now I want to try it and I have no smoker.

Heather, any word on if the ankle was broke, sprained or just strained?
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Best I can tell is I've pulled something in it. An actual diagnosis would require money which we laughably are short on. I have slight swelling, a nice blue bruise, and it twinges something awful when moved in certain directions.

I should be doing homework, but whats the point. I'm getting kicked out of school at the end of this semester for $281. So, eh.

Brandon is getting promoted and moved to full-time at AZ. I'm going to try to get a seasonal job that will hopefully translate into post-holiday work as well.

Pray for us.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Sorry about your problems, heather...

And Isaac, my version of a smoked meatloaf is this- hamburger meat ( if you have it, a lb of deer or pork sausage mixed with 2 lbs of ground beef is good- if not you can just use ground beef), crackers (crushed), onion, three or four eggs, minced garlic, seasonings, usually bbq rub that I always have around in addition to parsley,salt, pepper,ect. , and bbq sauce. My mama's meatloafs always were made with ketchup mixed into the meat mixture, so I replace the ketchup with a good thick sweet bbq sauce . Mix it together well.

I roll out some tinfoil, putting some small slits in it for the meatloaf to drain because it'll be afloat in grease if you don't. Don't completely wrap the meatloaf with tinfoil, you want the smoke to permeate the meat. Then, I crisscross a good quality bacon-petit jean  brand mostly, into a blanket- -lay the meat mixture on it shaped into a loaf, and cover it with another "blanket" of bacon. Sprinkle it again with bbq rub..lay 5 or 6 circles of sliced onion on top.
Then I put it in the smoker at 250 degrees or so over hickory. About an hour to an hour and a half into the cook, I slather Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce over it liberally, and let it continue to smoke. Somewhere around two hours to two and a half hours, it'll be done..

Let it cool, and slice it as normal. It is amazing. I usually serve it with smoked corn on the cob, baked beans, and fried tators. Biggest issue is that you wanna eat it all yourself. It has a really amazing smoky flavor that doesn't overpower the spices.

Lynx

There's a sure cure for the wanting-to-eat-it-all-yourself bit. Make three times as much. Then you CAN eat it all, and everyone else will still get some. :D :D :D

Um... that probably didn't help at all.  Sorry.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

You have a bbq grill, right Isaac?

Just Google "how to use a bbq grill as a smoker" pick one that best suits your situation and do that. I've done it with my tiny charcoal grill. I bought some wood chips, and some cheap aluminum pans from dollar tree that I could poke holes into and I had a makeshift smoker that did the job.

Try that.

Now i gotta smoke a meatloaf soon. That sounds amazing.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Would you believe I don't have any kind of grill at all? I know, I know, I must now hand in my man-card. I just never have been interested in grilling out.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

And you claim to know how to cook!

I bought my grill at WM for $12. It's small but for one or two people who don't grill much, it's just right.  
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

I agree with Mel. Get a grill of some sort. As much as you like to cook, it will open up a world of possibilities.

I like cooking over wood, rather than charcoal. It's a brand new world of flavor.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 05, 2016, 03:09:13 AMI'm gonna start a petition that Chel and Robbie be forced to move to the area of America between me and Mini, aka no more than 2 hours away from me. It'll be good for all concerned. :hypocrite:

Her Momma might have issues with that haha. She's already got one kid/grandkids half way around somewhere.

Speaking of Sandra - you can have the rain now. It's pouring! It better be gone by Friday. We have Friendsgiving Saturday - in someones backyard. ACK.

Quote from: HeatherB on November 06, 2016, 05:46:47 PMBest I can tell is I've pulled something in it. An actual diagnosis would require money which we laughably are short on. I have slight swelling, a nice blue bruise, and it twinges something awful when moved in certain directions.

I twisted my ankle a week ago Friday. It's just now to the point where it doesn't hurt. Mostly. :roll:

I've always been afraid to grill on my own. Plus I live in the 3rd floor and have no patio. lol

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

We haven't got but a sprinkling....
And yes,Isaac, you need a grill. I like cooking over wood too, but will grill with charcoal. As far as smoking- well, my smoker is a cheap $159 Walmart special, electric, but it uses wood to produce the smoke. Just a little pan of wood chips that is set directly on an electric heating element, much like an electric oven's element..
And in sharing today was busy. It was nonestop all day. From the minute I got to work until 30 minutes after I was scheduled to get off of work. :smirk:
I hope tomorrow is NOT like today..

Roscoe

Lynx

I'm setting up a new music computer. It is taking quite some time.

In Linux when I set up a new system I open the package manager, make a shopping list of all the programs I want and hit "Apply." It downloads all the files, installs everything and I'm ready to rock.

In Windows I have to install every program I want one at a time. Bleh.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Stayed up until 130 to see election results. Tired and running on coffee today. Headed to prison. Fortunantly it's just to drop an offender off, not stay there myself.

The Purple Fuzzy