News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Just got back in from West Memphis. Lord, what a drive. Entirely too many semis on that stretch of road too. And the offender rattled the whole way. Lord, I wanted to duct tape his mouth. And as late as it is, by the time I got back to church it'd be over.

On the bright side, I got told by my boss that I HAVE to take some time off. As in, I have too much comp and vacation time on the books and need to take off with pay. It's a nice problem to have. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

*Channeling the spirit of Bobby...

"I feel like crud today."

Actually I do feel like crud. It's not a cold, not the flu, but my throat hurts and discretionary energy expenditure is down 60%. I've had this before, but I never have figured out if this is what they call strep throat. Probably not - from what I hear, strep throat is much worse than this.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I didn't make it to church. Forgot that after the ceremony and class they had free food through the department for the notable women award ceremony. I'm not going to pass up free food. What was only supposed to be an hour long program ended up being over 2 hours because one of the recipients droned well over her 30 minute limit.

I did however finally sleep more than 3 hours last night so that was good. Mom was on dad's radiation duty this morning.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

It's the "droning" time of year for folks that apparently get to speak publically rarely. :smirk:

I got home and put on a pork loin in the smoker. Basted it in a couple different flavors of mustard and of course, wrapped it in bacon. We shall see how it tastes. It's cheap and good, and it's not red meat, which is why I cook so much pork, but I'm running out of ways to prepare it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Did you guys realize that thanksgiving is in less than a week already?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Time is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."

Or substitute an old cassette tape if you want.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:o Lord, I must be on the ragged end of it then..
It seems like this year especially has flown by. And yeah, Thanksgiving is right here. A 4 day week end. :P  I think we are going to cook a nice ham and make dressing, ect...we have three elderly widows in our church whose families are out of town and usually only make it in for Christmas. They usually stay at home, alone. So I think we are going to have them out for dinner before Lou has to go to work that evening..

Lynx

She's working Thanksgiving? Is she going to be one of the employees who stands guard over the Black Friday stuff (that they start selling at 6pm Thursday) with a box cutter, and dramatically cut the cling wrap off at 6pm sharp?

And then clean up the mess the rampaging hordes leave in their wake...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 18, 2016, 12:23:38 PMShe's working Thanksgiving? Is she going to be one of the employees who stands guard over the Black Friday stuff (that they start selling at 6pm Thursday) with a box cutter, and dramatically cut the cling wrap off at 6pm sharp?

And then clean up the mess the rampaging hordes leave in their wake...
Close. She's running the front end, managing the chaos at the point they pay for the deals. She's done it for years....I'm proud of her. It says a lot when they demand that you are the front end manager on the busiest day of the year "because we need our best" on the point of sale. Out of 10 different managers they could select for that day, she's the one every year because they know she runs a tight ship and keeps it running as smoothly as it can.

Lynx

Popularity is such a burden. Also popularity is stressful. But it's good they have someone who actually cares about doing her job to be in charge on hectic days.

And it's a good thing she has a former police officer for a husband. You can supply the basic necessities: Body armor, riot shield, kick taser...

Kinda reminds me of days at work when we're expecting a corporate visit. They always schedule the A-team crew members on those days. Certain employees gloat about not having to work that day. I don't say it, but I'm thinking it - "Yeah there's a reason you're not working that day. You don't give a flying flitter how you do your job."
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Lord it's been a bad week. I plan on spending my weekend in my jammies watching Netflix. Somehow I'm ahead on homework. I may try to write a paper or 2 to get ahead for finals week.

Roscoe

:hi:
Good Morning. May the Coffee Fairy bless you abundantly and the  (C)rap fairy lose your address.
'Cause he ain't lost mine.
I won Parole Bingo this weekend- Three of my wayward children got arrested in three different counties. My wife is unhappy with me because I told her "no" on something budget related.
Like everyone, I have bills and a dislike of the upcoming holidays- even more so this week as it's the 7th anniversary of my Daddy's death, which tends to jack with me negatively.
 In short- I could eagerly choke the living mess out of someone just for the relief it would bring me.
Despite all, I'm blessed and I know it. I'm just having to remind myself of it right now...:pound:

Oh, yeah, did I mention I have a headache AND the scale showed a weight gain this morning?!? :pound: :pound:

Lynx

You should have been here last night Bobby. Community Thanksgiving service, and this year it was held at our church, with finger food supper following. I rationalized that a crock pot of cheese dip and a crock pot of chili would be finger foods if I threw in a few bags of fritos and doritos. Apparently the crowd agreed and I have no leftovers for breakfast this morning.

Never made cheese dip before... I took a two pound block of cheddar for flavor and a stick of velveeta for emulsification (melting smoothly) and added some spanish rice and diced peppers. It came out a bit thick so I stirred in some buttermilk until it was about the right consistency. I have no idea if that's the right way to make cheese dip, but it worked. Sure was better than that stuff that people just throw in a can of rotel and call it done.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It got chilly here this weekend... Not to be confused with chili.

sunlight

Roscoe

:hi:
 Made it through the day without requiring a tranquilizer or a probation officer of my very own.:lol:
Had an embarrassing moment this evening...goofed around and had realized that I had missed making a phone payment last month, and wrote down a double bill payment. But in a moment of mindblowing stupidity failed to actually make the payment. I've done that kinda thing before usually when I am stressed and busy, but this time I completely forgot it. Phone was shut off. First time in my adult life we've have a utility shut off. It was off for a couple hours before I discovered it and paid it. Lord, I felt like an idiot.
If I hadn't remembered it at all, I don't think it'd have been as bad as discovering I wrote it down but didn't follow through.

Roscoe

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I saw someone say Humbug and I thought Seth had returned to us.......

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on November 24, 2016, 12:11:40 AMI saw someone say Humbug and I thought Seth had returned to us.......
As did I. Then I looked closer and saw it was not so.
"Do you sing at church?"