News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 14, 2014, 04:31:49 PM
35* never felt so good!  I can feel spring a'coming!

Oh it was about 68 yesterday. Almost 50 when I left for work this morning and expected to stay in the 60-70's throughout the weekend and into next week.  :clap: :sing: :bustamove: :hyper: :love2:

* MsJennJenn does a dance!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Winter can nibble my booty.  I'm over it.

Did poop route this morning, came home and went to Bedford to feed and grocery stores and such.  Snowed like patooty.  Bah.

MsJennJenn

Flowers from my Daddy.
He got mom a new ring. Hers broke. We were all tripping. He's so romantic.

Love that he always surprises me with how he continually treats my Mother.
He's set the bar high. Thankful for their marriage.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Note to self:  Never date Jenn.  Thanks to her dad, she will have unreasonable expectations of what a guy should be.   :smirk:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

It's true, helps weed out all the ones who can't make the long haul.

Last night Nathan took Hannah out for a father daughter dinner. It's so sweet. Andrew had a youth service and I'm babysitting some friends' child while they're away to a marriage retreat. So tonight was a fun family Valentines dinner.  Cheese & spinach stuffed raviolis with cauliflower bread sticks and marinara sauce, and sparkling blueberry juice. This morning we had had pink heart shaped pancakes and a purple smoothie.

Like my single friend says, "I just love Love.  It's a grand thing."  :)

Roscoe

Well, Lou and I had a wonderful day. Instead of going to Little Rock, we decided that since Fort Smith has a Sam's Club, and we had ALL day, and there *might* be a chance that an awesome couple that we love would be nearby and might could slip away for lunch, we might as well head  west.
Indeed, we were able to enjoy an awesome dinner with Mini and Chellebelle, bought out half of their local Sam's club and raided a thrift shop. And we also checked out a outlet mall type thing called "A to Z" in Van Buren...It was AWESOME. I bought a $150 GM approved Corvette jacket for $9. $9!?! A steal, I tell you. Of course Lou purchased a few things, including a new pair of shoes she's been wanting and several skirts. But A to Z's is so big, we need another day to go back and browse some more...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Kim

:couch:   I'm back!!!   Hey little brother...next time you go...why don't you see if I might want to go with you?

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on February 15, 2014, 03:48:05 AM
:couch:   I'm back!!!   Hey little brother...next time you go...why don't you see if I might want to go with you?
About time...... And I will. You will love it. It's a flea market/garage sale hound's dream.....There's several things I'll be going back after, some of which will require a truck. Rusty will enjoy the back road cruise in a few months, I'm thinking...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 15, 2014, 03:06:00 AM
Note to self:  Never date Jenn.  Thanks to her dad, she will have unreasonable expectations of what a guy should be.   :smirk:

Unreasonable? Obviously if you think that you aren't even on the up and up on how women function.
How is it unrealistic to be romantic? Seems you're the unrealistic one as my father isn't the only man in my world who treats his wife with effort. :roll: my expectations are set on what I see around me, in addition to the values I hold and what I believe God expects out of a man.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 15, 2014, 04:22:24 AM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 15, 2014, 03:06:00 AM

Unreasonable? Obviously if you think that you aren't even on the up and up on how women function.
How is it unrealistic to be romantic? Seems you're the unrealistic one as my father isn't the only man in my world who treats his wife with effort. :roll: my expectations are set on what I see around me, in addition to the values I hold and what I believe God expects out of a man.
My "Note to self:" was intended as a joke, based on your statement about your father setting the bar high. 

Mind you, I never claimed it was a GOOD joke...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Heather

Good morning Mel!!!

Homework and a wedding this afternoon. It's still snowing, but not accumulating. We're supposed to hit 60 on Tuesday.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

Stale cornflakes work great for traction in the snow. Our car is free!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

Brandon got out of his driveway using salt, a lot of kitty liter, and a determined will to leave his house. lol
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Went to the Fort Worth Zoo today for my biology class.
Saw 5-0's relatives. :hypocrite:

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Hehehehehe, the tall ones.  :P

I'm sitting in the kitchen at the church. Youth service going on.  I baked all the pizzas and prepped homemade meatball sliders for their afterburner.  I have to toss the pizzas in the oven towards the end just to warm them up.   Andrew sang a little solo part of a song tonight.  Bless his enthusiastic heart. :)

Roscoe

:pound: Jenn :pound: Meller. Ya'll are mean. :sob:

But anyhow, it was a beautiful day today. Probably low 60's or so. I done some yardwork, burned my ginormus burn pile I've had for the past year, started digging the hole to put up my tower, and picked up a pork loin to cook.
I tried one of McCormmick's seasoning pack for "bourbon apple pork", I believe. Rub the loin down, cut up sweet potatoes and apples and coat in the rub mixture and place in the roasting pan, and broil it...It came out tender, moist and flavorful, with just a hint of apple flavoring. And the sweet potatoes weren't bad either, and I'm someone that hates them...
Topped it off with a decidedly unhealthy, fattening, and delicious Pineapple Upside down cake.. :fork:
Now I'm vegging and groaning, Chey is spending the night at the neighbors, and Lou is watching some chick flick on her computer. Ah, life is grand...

Chseeads

Melody

Playing the tambourine in church is either 1. A lost art. Or. 2. White people never really learned how to play. Or is it different down south or out west?  Tambourine is not really accepted at our church. LOL.

Except. The thing is.  I really can play. 😄  I grew up playing. Had my own for years.

MsJennJenn

It's not really accepted in our church too. Not much of a white culture instrument from what I can tell/my opinion lol.
We used to have one who played in our church. But she was very controlled with it, not overdone...something Pastor allowed and appreciated.

Had a visitor, well she came quite often, and she played and got kind of wild with it, and Pastor was like "um no". And stopped it.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Had to go to the zoo for my biology class (6-page questionnaire lol)....and took some pics of course.
Two of my favorite things in the whole wide world are flowers/plants and animals. The things God created first, and as an artist, I'm fascinated, captivated and in awe of them. Thankful I had on sunglasses, cus once I got to the lions, I felt a tad overwhelmed by their beauty and teared up.

They have two baby elephants right now - about 6 months old. They were SO ADORABLE!

The white tiger was amazing. They don't have any of the normal pigment that orange ones have, which is why they're white. God was just like "Oh hey orange tiger, you're cool, but let me be cooler and make your cousin devoid of any color, except his sapphire eyes". AMAZING. God is AMAZING. Right after I took this picture, he got up and came to the window where you can see him, and started pacing...he was HUGE!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Lovely pictures!  😍

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 16, 2014, 04:23:44 AM
It's not really accepted in our church too. Not much of a white culture instrument from what I can tell/my opinion lol.
We used to have one who played in our church. But she was very controlled with it, not overdone...something Pastor allowed and appreciated.

Had a visitor, well she came quite often, and she played and got kind of wild with it, and Pastor was like "um no". And stopped it.

We had the same thing last year. Nobody had to say anything I don't think, there's just not place for it. And our sound comes out half a second later than out voices so her beat would frustrate the worship leader.  I still miss it though.

Kim

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 16, 2014, 04:33:47 AM
Had to go to the zoo for my biology class (6-page questionnaire lol)....and took some pics of course.
Two of my favorite things in the whole wide world are flowers/plants and animals. The things God created first, and as an artist, I'm fascinated, captivated and in awe of them. Thankful I had on sunglasses, cus once I got to the lions, I felt a tad overwhelmed by their beauty and teared up.

They have two baby elephants right now - about 6 months old. They were SO ADORABLE!

The white tiger was amazing. They don't have any of the normal pigment that orange ones have, which is why they're white. God was just like "Oh hey orange tiger, you're cool, but let me be cooler and make your cousin devoid of any color, except his sapphire eyes". AMAZING. God is AMAZING. Right after I took this picture, he got up and came to the window where you can see him, and started pacing...he was HUGE!

amazing is the perfect word.  I am an animal lover and these pictures are great!