News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Some day, I want another German Shepherd.

I'm at work.  I got here about 10:30.  I started out early but got to the road that crosses the river and there was a wreck from the ice and traffic was backed up.  I thought, forget this, and went home and ate breakfast with my hubby and piddled around and then headed back to work and made it fine.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 12, 2014, 07:49:54 PM
Some day, I want another German Shepherd.

I'm at work.  I got here about 10:30.  I started out early but got to the road that crosses the river and there was a wreck from the ice and traffic was backed up.  I thought, forget this, and went home and ate breakfast with my hubby and piddled around and then headed back to work and made it fine.
I have a hard and fast rule. If I start for work and it is bad enough that I have to go back home, I'm done for the day. Ain't tempting fate, I'll just relax and assume God meant for me to have an additional day off. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 13, 2014, 03:34:39 AM
I like that.  I have to agree with that one Bobby.
Hey, when I'm right, I'm right. Which is often, if not always. :hypocrite:
And in my sharing for the day- after three weeks of waiting patiently for the title to come in for the Lincoln I am buying, I gave in and decided to use some of my state contacts to lean a bit and find out how much longer it would take. The answer did not please me. The paperwork is " at the examiner's". My question on how much longer I could expect it to take was answered with , "Oh, a couple more weeks". :mad: No way to speed it up. Morons. Lord. How long does it take to look at the registration, make sure that the guy filing for the lost title is the same as the one on the registration, check the VIN numbers and make sure they are the same, and hit "print"?!? Idiots. I could so streamline that department if they'd put me in charge of it..... :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Went to work and such and came home and such and such and such such such.

MelodyB

And such is your life, SmoopsiePoo.

So far, Winston is still hanging around...I got my first paycheck today...not very much, but after paying Tithes, filling the car up with gas, and saving half of the money it takes towards a new phone card, I bought Winston a 16 lb bag of food. Im not sure how much to feed a dog that size. Since he is so skinny and his ribs are showing, Im thinking a cup in the morning and one in the evening. Does that sound right?

And Melodya, I looked for you on the video of bro Huntley tonight. They were watching it when I got home from church (Donna is sick and stayed home, so her and Jessica watched BOTT) I still didnt see anyone who resembled yall, and tonight I saw all three of my new Pastors Daughters on the video, when the 40 and under people were called to the alter. Also, didnt bro Arnold preach? My cousin who made us the DVDs said she bought ALL the DVDs, and she copied them all, but there isnt one of Bro Arnold....I thought he was in the lineup this year?

Moms newest update.

*SIGH*

She got discharged today. And despite the Dr saying she needs to go to a nursing home or a rehab facility, and despite her promises that she wouldn't go home with him, Mom went home with Dad today. When I talked to her before church she said everything was fine, and she didnt want to leave him alone. Thats why she went with him. And the whole time i was on the phone I could hear him being hostile to her in the background. He was saying "What is she asking you? Why is she calling you? What is she saying? Answer me! You need to get off the phone!" Then suddenly Moms phone was "dying " and she had to go. :roll: Yeah right!

UGH!!!

After church Chad called me and he had  just got off the phone with her and she told him that I had called earlier and Dad hasnt stopped yelling at her since. He was yelling at her while Chad was on the phone.

I dont know what else to do. I dont know what the boys are going to do. Chad is convince that Dad is so far off his rocker and evil now that he may actually kill her the next time. He beat her for TWO DAYS with that cane before she was running from him and slipped out the door. She finally told the real story. He had been beating her, and she was in the bathroom getting cleaned up and was indeed naked. He was banging on the door demanding her to come out and screaming at her "what are you doing in there? What is taking you so long?" and she finally came out and he had  that cane and she headed for the door, stepped outside cause she knew he couldn't get out that door and she slipped and fell. Had nothing to do with getting Furby, or looking at snow...that was the story she gave at first till everyone knew that the bruises didn't match her story, and when the Boys got there, she got brave and told the truth.

:frustrated:

I dont know what to do. Im so messed up. That is NOT my Daddy. Not the one who raised us. He was always yelling, but except for ONE time when I was 16, he never hit any of us. EVER. This man is different. Hes snapped. Hes a crazy monster that made my Daddy disappear.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

When I have a problem I don't know how to deal with, I go out and talk to the dog about it.  No, I'm not being facetious. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy leaves hugs for Mel

Hi, folks.  I'm at work.  We had the ice yesterday and it's supposed to be up to 72 on Sunday.

Heather

Snow!! Snow!!! Glorious snow!!!!! We currently have about 8 inches and it's still falling!!!! Woo-hoo!!!

I had planned on staying at my parents in Bristol, but when I got to there house after work yesterday they were bickering and trying to pull me in the middle. Dad still isn't working. He's been mostly cleared by the doctors. Even got a job offer to drive a tanker truck out and back. Home every night. He turned it down. He does not want to get back in the truck. He's currently mad at me because I haven't hired him at Autozone. I've tried to tell him repeatedly that I no longer work there much less am I in charge of hiring, but somehow it's my fault they haven't called yet. Mom is stressed about bills. She's the only one working. She says with savings they can make it til about mid to late March but dad HAS to get some sort of job. Income HAS to come in. But after their arguing yesterday I went ahead and drove the 40 minutes on home. Thankfully it was during a break from the heaviest snow.

Hope I can get out and go sledding this afternoon though. Don't let me down 4wd!!! [Honestly I was much more comfortable in my front wheel drive 5 speed Volkswagen than I am in the 4wd SUV.....]

Also anyone have any hiking/camping tips? Advice? Since there is no vacation planned this year with my family [and Brandon's family never does anything but get together to argue and gossip], Brandon and I have decided to take advantage of our beautiful surroundings and buy a tent and do camping trips on some weekends.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

I know I've mentioned it before, but Margeurite Falls. Beautiful place just outside of Greeneville Tennessee.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

I just got a text message from Seth! I don't know how he got my phone number, & I think he hijacked somebody else's phone to send it, but I know it came from him because of what he said. "Hello Wierd Cat."
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I love camping and that is what we'll be doing this year.   I try and find the quietest places.  During the week vs weekends are best. A REALLY Waterproof tent in case it rains if you don't mind a bit of rain showers, we don't.  I pack fruit and nuts and tons of water for hiking/boating because with all that sweating, junk food makes us feel yucky. 

Hats for ticks if you have them in your area. Hannah and I wear our hair in a braid and up. Leggings if there's long grass for chiggers.

Oooh if you guys like projects, the "rocket stove" is really cool.  You can YouTube it.

Shoes are a big deal to me. I can't hike in flip flops but tennis shoes are way too hot for me. So I'll wear mesh type shoes or hiking sandals.

I don't have much experience with REAL rock climbing.

And TAKE pictures! I always forget but we have our best times camping.

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

I'll have to remember that Isaac. Greeneville isn't far from me now. I'm on the Jonesborough end of JC.

MY-I have both hiking boots and Chaco's [outdoor sandals]! And we have both ticks and chiggers in this area [UGH!]. Plus I just bought a new camera!! I can't wait. I'm so excited. I was up half the night looking at stuff on REI.

Sledding was SSOOOO much fun. I hadn't been in close to 10 years. Was quite surprised I was running circles around the younger teens and 20somethings. Also my car did so, so good. I'm quite proud of her.

Now to watch some Netflix, eat leftover Japanese food, and write an English paper. Oh! And I made a 110 on one of my test from last week!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on February 13, 2014, 05:37:34 AM
Also, didnt bro Arnold preach? My cousin who made us the DVDs said she bought ALL the DVDs, and she copied them

He was the last one.  And he made remarks about people being idiots that caused a big stir among some.  I don't know if they might have actually withheld copies of him for that or not. lol

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 13, 2014, 08:09:52 PM

Hats for ticks if you have them in your area. Hannah and I wear our hair in a braid and up. Leggings if there's long grass for chiggers.

I don't think a hat will do much to save you from ticks.  They'll just crawl up under it.  Or anywhere else from there down.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Chseeads on February 13, 2014, 09:49:03 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on February 13, 2014, 05:37:34 AM
Also, didnt bro Arnold preach? My cousin who made us the DVDs said she bought ALL the DVDs, and she copied them

He was the last one.  And he made remarks about people being idiots that caused a big stir among some.  I don't know if they might have actually withheld copies of him for that or not. lol
I think my hubby was watching it on Youtube.

Melody

JA was colorful enough that they did not make a DVD/CD of his sermon.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 13, 2014, 07:45:32 PM
I just got a text message from Seth! I don't know how he got my phone number, & I think he hijacked somebody else's phone to send it, but I know it came from him because of what he said. "Hello Wierd Cat."
Lie, Lie, Lie. It said "Hello weird cat". I, er, the sender, did NOT misspell it.  :hypocrite:
And I can't get Lou to try camping. If it's warm enough to camp, it is hot enough for A/c, and she simply will not do without that item...I'm gonna have to trade for a camper trailer if I expect her to camp..:sadbounce:

Lynx

And for some reason when I responded "Howdy Seth" he took exception to it.  Never seen anyone hate his own name so much...  ???
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Fell on the concrete, it didn't give an inch. Hurting now.

Snows over now the winds blowing causing drifts.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

:hi: Sorry you fell, Taco....
And in sharing, Lou has decided that since she is off today, we are going to Sam's club and other assorted places after we drop Chey at school. In, wait for it.....Little Rock. On one of the few days that I am relieved from fighting that traffic. In the immortal words of Mini- Bah.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I found that out about concrete when I was about 7 years old. I was riding my bicycle on grandma's car port, I skidded, fell... And that's why my front teeth look like they do today.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody