"What color is your toilet brush?" is how it begun, SHARE everything in 4-9-1!

Started by MelodyB, January 22, 2014, 05:07:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

It was a sage green and white color....  Dad broke it the other day beating ladybugs with it....no joke. 

For some reason he has taken to getting after ladybugs in the bathroom with the toilet brush....  It's a shame he couldn't find anything dirtier to use than that.  :roll: 

He broke the head in half the other day. 

It's -5 degrees.  I'm over this winter malarkey.

MsJennJenn

That's hilarious - I would die laughing at someone beating lady bugs. It's just wrong. lol

and yes I'm with Sethers....I'm SO over this winter malarkey!! UGH!!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Jenn... You get a text from me?

I finally got minutes on that little touchscreen phone. So far I like it and the service has been good. Although...I havent left the house yet and we live smack dab in the middle of town so service SHOULD be good here. Tomorrow it gets a road trip test.

My brother had to postpone our trip till tomorrow cause the truck is still in the shop. Should be ready today.

On the phone...it's functional, and I like it, but the FB app is gross. I DON'T like it. But I still have this iPod so I can still use it for FB and web. The major thing I dont like the most though, is I'm back to using T9 for texts. I can do it fast, I'm surprised my fingers remember it so well, it's been years...BUT I would rather have a keyboard. But the keyboard on there is SO SMALL and sensitive...I CANNOT use it. I tried working with it all day yesterday! I finally swapped to T9 and was able to actually text people. Sheesh!

But it is what it is. Better than not having anything at all. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Apparently we are stranded in Louisiana's snowpacalypse.  They closed schools highways and medical clinics.

So we are waiting an hour till it should all be melted. :/   

Good grief. The roads are FINE.  :frustrated:

MsJennJenn

No Melbs!! No text!! :sadbounce:

and Meloyda let me reiterate welcome to the South....bad weather = stupidity and people having a cow over stuff the northerners are used too. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

That's all we EVER get these days.  When it's freezing, no precipitation.  Grrrr!  I WANT SNOW!!! :demand:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

I don't want any of it. I want my 100 degrees back.

Having In-N-Out for lunch. It was yummy.
Sometimes when I'm missing my Daddy I get a hamburger. It's his favorite food. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 24, 2014, 06:03:57 PM
I don't want any of it. I want my 100 degrees back.
:stupid: For once, I completely agree with JennJenn.
And Isaac- thanks. :P

And in sharing- I give up, I am an old man. As has been well documented here, I go through cars fairly often. Given the distance I drive, I find it more convienant and cheaper to buy a used $2500 to $3000 car every two years than a $12-15k car every five.. Thus the purchase more often than others. The Canyon has been letting me know that it doesn't intend to be primary work vehicle much longer, by having occasional starting fits, among other things..
So I talked it over and got approval from Wifeee, then from Banker man and went car shopping today. Soooo...did I buy another 'vette? NO. Too much of a headache for the ones in my price range. 2) A Miata you suppose? No, got enough grief about the last one, plus I'm fat and it isn't designed for portly folk... 3) a manly Jeep? No- gas mileage inhales on them.
No, I bought every 70 year old's dream ride...although a few years old. A one owner 1998 Lincoln Town Car, Cartier edition. Sucker looks like brand new inside and out, gets 24-28 mpg, and is more comfortable to sit in than most living room couches. Heated seats with memory, lumbar, casette with cd changer in trunk, all the bells and whistles that could be put in a  $45K luxury car in '98.. I'm gonna have to tint the windows to keep people from seeing me...:sing: "They see me rollin', they hatin'.." :sing:
Only downside is, I've gotta wait a couple weeks to get it. They lost the title and have filed for a lost title. I can't give away $2700, that don't grow on trees here, so we decided I would leave a small refundable deposit to secure the car and ensure them it was sold. They'll call when the title arrives and I shall go give them the rest of the money and get my ride.... I can't wait. Bro Papa is rejoicing- it's taken him 25+ years to "pray me through" to the point that I bought a Ford product... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Big, clunky car, poor handling, drives like a tank... my only problem with cars like that is the mushy suspension. I like something a bit tighter for taking turns on the back road I live on. Aside from that, it's a great car.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 24, 2014, 09:32:05 PM
Big, clunky car, poor handling, drives like a tank... my only problem with cars like that is the mushy suspension. I like something a bit tighter for taking turns on the back road I live on. Aside from that, it's a great car.
For the most part, I quite agree- but my daily driving is nearly 100% straight ,boring interstate. Not alot of curviness....And that is the kinda of travel the stinkin' Lincoln excells at. Hmmm...wonder if I could put a supercharger under that hood? And how hard would it be to stick electronic cut outs on the exhaust- quiet in normal driving, then mean when occasion arose?....a Hotrod Lincoln...... :freaky2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Looks like I'm in for another weekend of not going to church. Extreme cold + snow + wind = not so good travel conditions. Wind is rattling my house something awful today.

Lynx

Send us the snow!

And Bro. Bobby, now that you are getting such a comfortable car, long trips should be more a pleasure than a chore.  Like, say, for example, trips to visit people you have been meaning to visit for some time now, but never gotten around to...   *cough cough*
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

I'm bundled up trying to keep from freezing.... inside my house... apparently my internal thermostat needs reprogrammed to realize that the furnace thermostat says it's 72 degrees in the house.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lots of folks around here have said their electricity bills have doubled.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 25, 2014, 03:17:39 AM
Lots of folks around here have said their electricity bills have doubled.

with a winter like this I wouldn't doubt that a bit

Newsman

Lynx

This is a sad day.  Bro. Bobby has just confirmed via text message that he PREFERS soft, mushy shocks.  Quote: "But I like it riding like a cloud..." 

This is a sure sign that he is in fact getting old.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Stupid people + false accusations = bad headache
Ginger peach tea + little talk with Jesus = no headache

Hi, everyone! :hi:

Melodya, would your daughter like to earn a little babysitting money? I need someone to come play with Arabella so I can work on ToB orders.  :updown:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads