Eway Aymay Eavelay Omesay Ehindbay inyay Aringshay 479

Started by mini, February 16, 2013, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Hmm..it wiould be cool meeting yiou..where is it at? The only GC I've made it to was in 1996 in San Antonio.

John :waving:

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 03, 2013, 04:39:14 AM
Newsman you oughta go to General Conference this year so I'll have someone I've never met but already know that I can meet there.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I don't want to go back to work...........I'm assuming Jennifer is back since I haven't been called in to open today. We'll see if she's there or how long she sticks around.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Kim on March 04, 2013, 03:52:50 AM
My senses aren't dull,  just thought i should try to stick up for him a little bit.   He seems to be pretty capable of handling all the things ya'll say to him.  He usually replies before i have a chance to.  And by the way, Bobby, where are the horns that hold that halo up?   :biglaugh:
:pound: :pound: You know I have nary a horn. Maybe a couple of halo supports, but they ain't horns.  :P
Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 04, 2013, 03:57:27 AM
Sis. Kim we are depending on you to tell embarrassing stories about Roscoe.  So far all you have done is defend him.   :nono:
:P :P

And I don't think I've ever been to a General Conference....Sadly, I don't see that changing this year. And in other sharing- I am back at work. The cappuccino is ALL that is fueling me at this point. Lou and I have about decided to just go back to the Branson area for vacation- it is closer to home and won't cost as much. Unfortunately that rules out meeting some of the folks I'd hoped to meet enroute to vacation, like Isaac, PF, and maybe Mel.......Bah. I shoulda been born insanely wealthy instead of incredibly handsome.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Then you wouldn't have the wife and kids you have.  Or if your wife WAS the type you could buy off... would you really want the kind of woman you can buy off?  :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Melody

Good morning.   

Quiet here. I'm only 3hrs from GC and have no idea if we'll go. I'm also 3hrs from Branson I think and Nathan and the kids have never been.

Lynx

Mail just came, and I got an Andrew Carlton CD.  :)  Not quiet here. 

I think a speaker system embedded in the walls should be standard equipment in all new homes.  With an audio port in the wall in each room, for plugging in a music player.  Skip the ipod port though, Apple keeps changing the connection pins. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

All you need is a aux cord for iPods.

In other news...I'm gonna go smash my head thru the wall. I love being treated like C R A P! :smirk2:

:frustrated:

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Yes, an aux cord.  But people like the ipod ports because you can charge your ipod while you listen to it.  If only Apple wouldn't change the port when they put out new ipods and iphones... 

Go ahead and smash a hole in the wall.  I'll put a speaker in the hole and frame it with replacement wall bits and spackle.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 04, 2013, 04:54:21 PM
Mail just came, and I got an Andrew Carlton CD.  :)  Not quiet here. 

I think a speaker system embedded in the walls should be standard equipment in all new homes.  With an audio port in the wall in each room, for plugging in a music player.  Skip the ipod port though, Apple keeps changing the connection pins. 
all you need is a usb port in the wall and the cords will fit it

MelodyB

Yeah...all iPods and phones use USB ports for the chargers, so that would work too.

* MelodyB hugs PF back.

Just having a moment. Ignore me. It's not as bad as I make it sound. I'm just frustrated at two separate situations right now, and I feel like I'm trying my best to do what I'm supposed to in each one, but still get the short end.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

But then you'd have to hide a computer in the wall to handle the USB connection. 

Now my inner nerd is awake and actively considering the problem.   :smirk2:

iPod or no, I still think every house should come with a sound system in the walls.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Andrew's old ipod uses the same plugs as my new iphone.  Don't some cars have USB plugs for music?  Seems logical.

Lynx

Yeah, but the latest generation of iStuff uses something different.  There was a big uproar from people who, should they upgrade to a new one, will need to buy all new car adapters, not to mention the poor hotels who will need to buy all new radios.  Or maybe they'll just go back to standard aux connections and forget the charge-and-listen stuff for hotel guests.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

The veins in the backs of my hands are beginning to show.  Either I'm getting old or I'm working too hard.  Given my job at the catch end of the furnace line, I'd say working too hard. 

It bothers me that it bothers me.  I always considered myself too blase to care about how I look.  My receding, graying hair didn't phase me.  My prominent upper teeth don't bug me (although the discoloration does... that's MY fault, and it advertises my neglect to the world every time I smile.)  But the veins showing in my hands do bother me, and I can't say why, and that bothers me that I can't say why.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

How old are you, Isaac?  I don't think it's from working too hard.  Nathan and others I know work crazy hard and while it roughs up their hands quite a bit, it's not until they get old with thin skin that their veins become obvious.  Nathan is also super white.  Maybe it has something to do with being outside why the men I know have thick hands?

Lynx

Maybe it's just my hands.  Mine are rather thin and small.  More for typing on a keyboard and playing instruments than hauling big heavy things around.  I'd be flat-out useless on a farm.
"Do you sing at church?"

Kim

Well, i know you were depending on me for the embarrassing stories, but the thing is.....He was only about seven years old when i left home, and to be quite honest with you,  he has always been an exceptional little brother. (Don't tell him that!  ;) )  His moments probably happened around mama and daddy.  And even if they could tell you all about it right now, they probably wouldn't.  He was what my mama called a MIRACLE baby.  She prayed to be able to have him, so, you see, he has always been the light of our lives.  I know he is gonna read this, so when and if you ever see him, please overlook his BIG HEAD!!!  ;)

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 04, 2013, 05:46:24 PM
But then you'd have to hide a computer in the wall to handle the USB connection. 

Now my inner nerd is awake and actively considering the problem.   :smirk2:

iPod or no, I still think every house should come with a sound system in the walls.
No, they have plugs that have USB ports in them

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

My parents single wide trailer has a sound system throughout it. You can tune in am and fm. Not sure if the cassette player still works or not. It's only 29 years old.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali