News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

You don't need a doctors degree to post in Sharing 463!

Started by mini, May 18, 2012, 02:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Dad hopped to the door of his room and back today! Yay! Now he is resting. I took a short nap earlier till they came in here and started messing with him and waking us up! Lol

Now I'm eating a turkey sandwich on rye and chillin out till time to go home and get ready for church.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Where is everybody??  I have spent the day paying bills, cooking, and working on Rusty. Drove the vette to town with Chey today, parked a few spots down from a brand new red Z06 Corvette- around $70K worth of machine.  :o I was pleasantly surprised when a older guy stopped and complimented my old rag of a Corvette, telling me that he had owned an '82. Before we walked away from speaking with him, a lady in her 40s stopped, asked me what year it was, and complimented me as well. She then walked over to the Z06 and said, "This one is nice too, but the payments are killer!" I was surprised that she would even stoop to the level to talk to a lowly C4 owner....

After I got home, I worked on Rusty, which caused me to need to repent. The things I wished on the idiot that placed that plug in the head....... :laughhard: He's closer to cruising though, this time for good I hope.
Now, my back hurts and I'm tired. Lou has gone to bed early, and Chey is playing. And now you are up to date on my life.  :thumbsup2:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

We're right here, watching this storm coming in.

Melody

taco_harvell

My new old Datsun as of tomorrow. lol

Yes all 6'5 of me fits in it. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

As long as it runs congrats Taco!

My parents are buying a new car for....my sister....There are a whole bushel of bitter things I could say here but I'm not surprised.

Jennie got to come home today!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Taco - that's one of the benefits of being married to a clown....you learn how to fit into tiny cars.  :P

Glad your friends are doing well, vetgirl.

I have to go to bed in a few, lovely work again tomorrow...er...today....TGIF.

Lynx

Taco my barber drives a grey one of those.  Seems to run with no trouble for him. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

I. Am. Sick.

My throat is nearly closed up and on fire, and I still can't breathe through my nose. No amount of blowing clears anything away.

Bad dreams that I cant quite remember, and fitful sleep again. It's only 4:40 am and I'm wide awake in pain.

Bleh.

Heather

Aw Mel :( If I had enough gas money I'd bring you some soup....

Early shift at work today then my 3 day weekend. Early shift means I get to leave for the day right when the rush starts :)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

TGIF and off on Monday :bigcheese:

Saturday is my birthday.

MelodyB

Happy early birthday then!  It's an anniversery tomorrow too. ;)

I feel LOTS better. I'm not sure what time it was, but I was moaning in pain and mom came in here and gave me a lortab. Lol I HATE taking meds, but apparently took it, (I don't quite remember it, I was in so much pain at the time) and I went back to sleep. I'm awake now and my throat is only slightly hurting and my nose is mostly clear! Yay!

I called the hospital and Dad is in dialysis, so Ill head up there at about 11. He is supposed to be transferred today for sure.

In other news, I bought a pool yesterday. A kiddy pool, but it's really big! Not one of those cheap hard plastic ones. This one is the round "family" size blow up ones.

I can't wait to set it up, but I guess I'll wait till either this afternoon or tomorrow. I'm gonna get tan this summer. I'm tired of being so white!

Melody

Oh no Mel.   Rest rest & more rest.  Wish I could bring you soup too.

Thundering, lightening, pouring rain since last night.  Wish I didn't have to get groceries in it.  We have all the windows open, it's nice.

taco_harvell

Well I have insurance on a car that I don't have yet.  Was hoping to get tags for it today, but the guy wont tell me when he is gonna bring it over so I can get the tittle. I am tired!! Done a few errands and church stuff. Got to meet someone else at the church at 1 and then more errands and set-up for Ready for Battle. Praying for tonight the whole time. I need a vacation after this weekend!! DMV may have to wait till the Tuesday after memorial day rush.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

I can't rest. Who would take care of my dad?

I have a monster of a headache right now. I'm fixing to get a shower.

Lynx

Sis. Sandra:  With your family being so much like mine I'm guessing you'll be busy on your birthday, so happy birthday today, for tomorrow.

Sis. Melody:  Allergies stink.  Ditto for sinus headache.  :(

Taco:  Bonne chance mon ami.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

I am amazed.  I just 2 conversations in the last 2 days with 2 different Apostolic women that believe in vegetarianism.  That eating meat is cruel to animals. 

mini

Do you believe that Meller?   :eyebrow:

Anyone heard from Roscoe?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

No.  I feel that there is too much scripture that shows God is for eating meat.  However, I think if we're going to use that to justify eating meat, that it should be God intended meat.  If I agree that things done outside of God's created plan is perverted like sex outside of marriage/gay marriage, then I feel like I need to be honest and apply that across the board.  Genetically mutated and chemical drenched and hormone injected food is not God's way and isn't good for us.  It's actually pretty simple. Go God's natural way or don't call it God's way. 

I probably sound crazy and the thought can be overwhelming because this world has gotten so out of submission/truth that deception and perversion seem to permeate everywhere. I'm so thankful for His pure Word or I don't know what non-sense I'd fall for.  Mainly because I know some of the non-sense I have fallen for before I seen the truth in scripture.

Practicing that is a lot harder and I'm thankful for grace but I do feel convicted to do things God's way.

mini

I was gonna say...

I personally like beef.  And venison.  And chicken.  And pork.  And elk.  And fish.  And...well...you get the idea. 

My biggest gripe with some extreme vegetarianism or vegan folks is the "protect the animals" mentality.  I am not a advocate of animal cruelty by any means, but I do not think a dog or a cat (or a cow for that instance) should have more rights than a person. 

Also, I find it very offensive that a person will take a choice (vegetarianism or veganism) and try to make it a Biblical principle.  It is not a Biblical principle, its your choice.

And I think God put those animals here as a sustainable food source, much like vegetables, fruit, and grain.  And they sustain us through many ways, like meat, milk and eggs. Again, my opinion is that you can go overboard on any of it.  Too much grain, to much meat, to much of anything, and the result is not good.  Our bodies need certian things, its the build up of excess that leads to problems.  Which is why fasts are so important...but thats a whole other subject. 
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

And let me also say I disagree with people who like CHOCOLATE GRAVY!!!

Lynx

As long as you don't try to say the Bible speaks against chocolate gravy. :P
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I think I agree with both Meller and Mini...

All I know is trying to find and eat the way I feel God intended me to is SO HARD.
I'm so tired of feeling SO bad every single day, because I'm not eating right. But it does take money, and time to eat correctly to not effect my body, and I'm so lost in the whole thing. I feel like a complete failure when it comes to eating correctly, and it convicts me SO much, but I'm not sure what to do.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

MAJOR TOTS!  I AM WAY BEYOND EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just fulfilled a life long dream about 2 seconds ago.  Pictures forthcoming! 

Melody

Jenn, as complicated as it seems it can get I really believe the Bible makes it simple.

Eat whole fresh natural foods.  Some take a bit of work for digestion but that is what God told Adam in the first scripture that contained the word Bread.  That Adam was going to have to work for it.  I think it's pretty cool how we could go off and say that we should just eat straight wheat berries but God mentioned that as the first food that required work.  Also, I realize that scripture also uses bread as a general food word, so I'm not trying to read into it but do think God's Word goes deep.

The Bible lays out things that are good. And Jenn, when I don't know the answer, when I can't seem to afford to do it the best way, I know there is grace.  That doesn't mean I should just eat junk food because to him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to him it is sin.  So food is not sin, but a person's conscience, especially when we know the Word of God, convicts us.  I think some put way too much emphasis on food, and yet there are countless others that act like faith is our justification for sin/ignorance.  If we reap what we sew, then how can we expect for God to heal us miraculously when we purposely trash our bodies?  What a contradiction.  We know this body is a temple, we know it affects our thoughts, emotions and availability to obedience to the Word physically. 

I agree with you Jeremy.  I think if we fasted more, we'd care about food less.  But I also think there is a ignorance among some Christians that replace God given sense for a pendelum of spirituality and carnal lust.  Fasting 3 days on water and then eating greasy fast food meat and sugar becomes counter active at some point. 

1Ti 4:2-8  Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;  Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.  For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:   For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.  If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.   But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.  For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.