News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

You may need Glasses for those Classes...

Started by mini, January 14, 2011, 02:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

From a blog I read:

Every Friday, I post a series of unrelated questions meant to spark conversation in the comments. Answer one, answer all, respond to someone else's reply, whatever you want. Very casual. On to this week's topics of discussion...

What was the most challenging class you've taken? Was it worth it?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Business Statistics. It was just...hard, at the time. I ended up with a B, and I had to take the class to graduate, so it was worth it. :)

Scott

Accounting: I hated it but I've used those skills so much over the years.

Bible as Literature: It was taught by an athiest who tried to fail me because I believed the bible was real. She kept me off the honor role for graduation. I deserved an ''A'' but she gave me a D minus.  She wanted to fail me, but didn't dare, so she punished me for believing.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Geri

Chemistry in college(got a D), and no it wasn't worth it because I found out later that I could have taken an easier class to earn those credits, and I wouldn't have had to suffer through my parent's reaction to my first ever D! *gasp*

Tricia Lea

So far its a tie

Psychology 150 General Psychology. The teacher wrote his ow psychology book and thought everything in his 950+ page book was important. It was tons of reading and research. Now he was clear he was agnostic and it was around school that he was never very nice to Christian students. But I was surprised when I mad it out of his Class with an A, especially after knowing I did horrible on 2 of the 5 essay questions on the final exam

Math 070 Introductory Algebra. Whay can I say, I am not good at math took 2 times to pass

The Cold Water Kid

Computer Science 350 - Internet Technology

Basically, we learned how to create websites from scratch. It was challenging because there were so many assignments and so much detail; I spent hours and hours at a stretch working on it. Looking back, I am glad I did it (and made an A).

taco_harvell

Introduction to Programing with Algorithms and Logic.

Well I started it when I started my current Math class. I dropped it after I tried to get help from the professor and he told me I just needed to read the text over again a lot slower. I dropped it to study programming on my own while I finish this math class and will be taking it again in a month. Bought the book beginner programing for dummies so this dummy might learn something.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Tricia Lea on January 17, 2011, 10:44:14 PM
So far its a tie

Psychology 150 General Psychology. The teacher wrote his ow psychology book and thought everything in his 950+ page book was important. It was tons of reading and research. Now he was clear he was agnostic and it was around school that he was never very nice to Christian students. But I was surprised when I mad it out of his Class with an A, especially after knowing I did horrible on 2 of the 5 essay questions on the final exam

Math 070 Introductory Algebra. Whay can I say, I am not good at math took 2 times to pass
General Psychology actually surprised me and turned out to be one of my favorite classes.

The Cold Water Kid

Quote from: taco_harvell on April 27, 2011, 07:42:32 AM
Introduction to Programing with Algorithms and Logic.

Well I started it when I started my current Math class. I dropped it after I tried to get help from the professor and he told me I just needed to read the text over again a lot slower. I dropped it to study programming on my own while I finish this math class and will be taking it again in a month. Bought the book beginner programing for dummies so this dummy might learn something.
Do you want to be a programmer? Have you studied HTML? You might like it. The Head First series has an EXCELLENT book that takes you through HTML programming in a fun way.

taco_harvell

I know a little HTML and will be learning more when I get to my 2 Web design classes. This class was more focused on software and program design. It wasn't actually teaching any particular code but dealt mainly with psuedocode. The first assignment in the first week was to lay out a design for a program. From what I gathered only one person who had previous programming experience passed the assignment with a grade higher than a D out of a class of 27.

The Cold Water Kid

Yea, psuedocode, I took that class too (or one like it). You are right, it was no joke! I did well, but programming does not come easy for me; I do not have a logical mind. I studied electronics, computers and networking before I realized what interested me most about computers was website design. I was interested in art growing up and so I guess I should have guessed that it was the visual component of computers that keened my interest in them.

It probably sounds crazy, but you might also consider studying finance. After several years of computer related courses I have found that a lot of the people who enjoy computers also enjoy finance. And job offers come easy to finance majors.