News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Yosemite's At The Grill

Started by samzup, March 11, 2010, 10:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samzup

We got bora chung chicken! Steaks, polish sausage.... what ya'll want? Anybody got any good grilling secrets?? I'll see if I can get a picture of this apron he's got on. haha :laughhard:<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZSman000%2526i%253D36%252F36%255F1%255F72%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

It says "You might be a redneck if your neighbors call 911 when you cook out.

yosemite

i got a trip out tonight and i thought i'd get a head start on cooking tomorrow nights supper. "jalapino chicken bora chong". i think i messed up cause it turned out real goooood!! gonna be hard not to scarf it down b4 Bro. Dad and Sis. Mom gitchear. :fork: :great: :clap:
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

MelodyB

Be sure to BBQ some Bologna!! Dad loves that!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

yosemite

My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Stevebert

Hi, Yo and Sam, welcome back.

Looks like serious grillin' goin' on.

I must use an electric grill on our balcony. So as not to burn up the apartment complex. Which we almost did once, but that's another story that does not involve the grill. Here's the usual fare:

yosemite

looks good!!! now ya got me hungry!! we goin to "catfish country" restaurant in booville, ms tonight. we may get to see rattle snake tonight. (steve wilbanks) He lives in boonville and may eat with us.

Sis

Stevebert LOVES catfish. LOVES salmon, too. I hate fish. BLAH!

Say hay to Steve for us. Haven't talked to him since I called him to tell him he was right about something.  He laughed. I'm not even sure if I can find his number anymore.

yosemite

ohhhhhhh!!! so he gets a call. we aint ever heard from ya on da phone. lol

Sis

He called me quite a few times. But when something worked out the way he said it would, I just had to call him to tell  him he was right. I guess it's nice to hear you're right once in a while.   :laughhard:

MelodyB

Tell Rattlesnake that I said hello! And if I DO get to come up there again, I want him to sing that song for me again. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Ashlee

yosemite

Quote from: Ashlee on March 14, 2010, 04:49:11 AM
I want some grilled boudin!
hmmmm! i've had that, but i dont know how how to fix it.

Ashlee

You buy boudin and put it on the grill and let it char on all sides, then eat it. I love the burnt, smoked flavor to the casing. Only way I'll eat it.

yosemite

Quote from: Ashlee on March 21, 2010, 12:47:33 AM
You buy boudin and put it on the grill and let it char on all sides, then eat it. I love the burnt, smoked flavor to the casing. Only way I'll eat it.

well i kinda figured that but they dont have boudin here in ms, or at least not the original kind i get in la.

Sis

Is it spicy? Is it greasy? Is it precooked?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Sis on March 21, 2010, 04:53:22 PM
Is it spicy? Is it greasy? Is it precooked?
A lot of that depends on what kind you get.
I think it's kinda spicy, but I don't eat spicy.  I've seen some that is greasy. blah  Hubby likes Zummos or something.  You can get it precooked.  We cook it on the smoker.  I don't eat it.  It's like dirty rice in a casing.  We don't do blood boudain.

Sis

EWWW! Is that like blood sausage?

Ashlee

I don't like blood boudin either. I'm not real fond of the boudin with liver in it either. I love shrimp boudin but have trouble finding it now. I don't like the greasy stuff.

yosemite

yeah, boudin is ok, but i dont take alot of thought to it. thinking about it to much can get ya distracted from actually eating it. i dont like the blood bag type either. Yuk!! :laughhard:

Brother Dad

Quote from: samzup on March 11, 2010, 10:34:45 PM
We got bora chung chicken! Steaks, polish sausage.... what ya'll want? Anybody got any good grilling secrets?? I'll see if I can get a picture of this apron he's got on. haha :laughhard:<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZSman000%2526i%253D36%252F36%255F1%255F72%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

It says "You might be a redneck if your neighbors call 911 when you cook out.
Mighty gooood chickens
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Ashlee

It still amazes me how spoiled I've gotten to LA cooking. I mean, just going right over the texas border and there's a lot thats not available.

yosemite

anybody got a good recipe for stuffed bell peppers?

how bout any peppers with meat stuffing?

anybody want my jalapeno chicken bora chong chicken recipe?

Sis

I make them differently every time I do them. I hate peppers, so I make them for Stevebert when I don't feel like eating at the moment.

The last time, I made it with Italian seasonings, kind of like a thick spaghetti sauce. It had lots of hamburger and some veggies in it, too. Stevebert liked that one.. Other times, I've done cold ones with tuna salad, or chicken salad and Just about anything you want.

yosemite

hmmmm sounds good except fer the cold one. :biglaugh: i guess i'll have to experiment with it.

The Purple Fuzzy

Our smoker/grill is going to be going tomorrow. ;)