News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Yeah. That.

Started by SippinTea, March 05, 2010, 10:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDAGeek

You can always count on xkcd for a cynical outlook on these sorts of situations. It'd be less sad if it wasn't for the fact that I personally know guys that have ended up in almost all such situations in that comic, lol.

Amelia Bedelia

I always played that with the nieces and nephews... but we would "fight" over it, point fingers and get angry and keep escalating until we're yelling "NO! I love you more!" and then finally we'd go "awwww we both love each other!" and hug   

The Cold Water Kid

It's OK to play the mushy-mushy game so long as both parties are up for it, but when a man has stuff on his mind and needs to go without a lot of fanfare, be a grown up and let him go. Trying to force an emotional response out of someone is very unbecoming.

sunlight

Quote from: Niblet on March 11, 2010, 05:31:19 PM
It's OK to play the mushy-mushy game so long as both parties are up for it, but when a man has stuff on his mind and needs to go without a lot of fanfare, be a grown up and let him go. Trying to force an emotional response out of someone is very unbecoming.

Very, very true.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

I don't consider it trying to "force an emotional response out of someone."

I want it to be there already.  If it's not present at least once in awhile, then...

NEXT

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: sunlight on March 11, 2010, 07:23:19 PM
Quote from: Niblet on March 11, 2010, 05:31:19 PM

Very, very true.

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 12, 2010, 06:56:48 PM
I don't consider it trying to "force an emotional response out of someone."

I want it to be there already.  If it's not present at least once in awhile, then...

NEXT
I would say, that it is not something you should have at the very beginning, unless two people have been close friends for a long time.

Otherwise, feelings and emotions jump ahead of getting to know that person, and you may get a false sense of security in feeling like that person may be the one, because they are feeling the mushy-gushy feelings.

And then your both barreling down the path of saying "I love You" way two quickly based on feelings that may change due to a heightened time of emotional activity.

So while playing that "game" is fun... it seems to me at least to be a danger a breeding ground for hurt if done too quickly.

But I do think it is "ok" to tell someone how much you enjoy talking to them, and tell them that you miss talking to them if you are unable to chat for a few days.

But of course this thread was originally on hugs and not wanting to say goodbye. 

I hate goodbyes! Especially if you know if you that it is gonna be a few months or more (say like 7... lol) before you get to see them again... then I shall be inclined to make the hug a little longer, or make sure that the person gets them at a higher frequency when they are around.

Sorry for babbling...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

sunlight

:grin:
It's not called babbling here... it's called posting.

:lol:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: sunlight on March 12, 2010, 11:43:05 PM
:grin:
It's not called babbling here... it's called posting.

:lol:

Oh yes, that's right... guess I forgot... lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

lol

Okay...  I misspoke.

I don't mean I want it to "already be there" in the initial stages of friendship.  But I *do* want that sense to be there if I'm dating someone.  It doesn't have to be pronounced or marked, but if he cares, there will be subtle ways that it is shown, and the slight lingering in a goodbye is one of those subtle ways.  Without the games.  Without the coercing.  If he loves the girl, it just shows.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

Ooooo. I like this thread.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Yeah That...

So the question is...

How long does it take for Ruby to refreeze after being puddledized on a phone call with her Ex-clown-turned fiery Pirate....

and does she just freeze on the floor, or is there a Mold for her near the phone? Or does someone need to mop her up and then put her in the mold...?

Just a question for your personal consideration...    :laughhard:

:couch:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

*rWooby really does start laughing out loud.... and then nearly chokes to death because of a coughing fit*

If I die, it's your fault, Mr T! *grin*

:beret:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on March 26, 2010, 01:10:07 AM
*rWooby really does start laughing out loud.... and then nearly chokes to death because of a coughing fit*

Quick... someone find Scotty... we need to beam Chris up to Ruby's house... for *cough* helping her not die...   :bigcheese:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

I think he's still in the Starship Enterprise.  :freaky2:

RainbowJingles

Oh.
My.
Word.

I laughed.
Hard.

That was awesome, Yoop.  Quite classic.

As for the mold and the re-freezing: Lady ST is FAR beyond re-freezing.  She's so thawed out and warmed up that she's nearly evaporated!

Quote from: YooperYankDude on March 26, 2010, 01:16:21 AM
Quote from: SippinTea on March 26, 2010, 01:10:07 AM

Quick... someone find Scotty... we need to beam Chris up to Ruby's house... for *cough* helping her not die...   :bigcheese:

SippinTea

Quote from: Sis on March 26, 2010, 05:28:31 AM
I think he's still in the Starship Enterprise.  :freaky2:

I think so too. :highfive: ;)

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 26, 2010, 07:46:22 AM
As for the mold and the re-freezing: Lady ST is FAR beyond re-freezing.  She's so thawed out and warmed up that she's nearly evaporated!

Oh, hush, you. :P

I'm not THAT thawed out yet.
Give me about 9 days, though... *wicked grin*

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on March 26, 2010, 04:41:24 PM
Quote from: Sis on March 26, 2010, 05:28:31 AM
I think he's still in the Starship Enterprise.  :freaky2:

I think so too. :highfive: ;)

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 26, 2010, 07:46:22 AM
As for the mold and the re-freezing: Lady ST is FAR beyond re-freezing.  She's so thawed out and warmed up that she's nearly evaporated!

Oh, hush, you. :P

I'm not THAT thawed out yet.
Give me about 9 days, though... *wicked grin*

Careful RJ... we don't want her boiling over...  :bigcheese:

Also reminds me of that old hymn...  :sing:

She's bubbling... she's bubbling... its bubbling in her soul... she's singing and shouting cause she found the other half that makes her whole... some folks have already heard about it, but she still wants everyone to know... she bubbling bubbling bubbling bubbling... bubbling in her soul...  :sing:
:biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

Oh. My. Word.

BOL!

Yoop... *dry tone* Don't give up your day job. :P

RainbowJingles

Ummm...  Ruby...

*dry tone*
I think maybe that IS his day job.

sunlight

iridiscente

At least Yoop thought Ruby would need a mold instead of leaving mold from all of the moisture.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: SippinTea on March 26, 2010, 05:47:35 PM
Oh. My. Word.

BOL!

Yoop... *dry tone* Don't give up your day job. :P

You just need to reminded that you cannot talk to your ex-clown-turned-pirate while swimming in the ocean or any form of water...

While standing near a thirsty plant...

Or anytime you are in a place with a drain...

Otherwise... they'll not be able to catch your puddle and put you back into your Ice Maiden mold... :grin:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

*rWooby debates between laughing or pounding Yoop*