News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

[rant] :pound: [/rant]

Started by mini, June 05, 2009, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

Geri

yeah, seeing my Mother-In-Law post a "color" was probably the creepiest thing that I have seen so far this year. Also my husband saw it after he knew what it was about.  Seriously, that's practically her telling him about her underwear!  It's creepy!! If you wouldn't say it to someone in person, why post it on Facebook.  I am SOOO thankful that my mother didn't post a color!  *shudders*

Geri

mini

Its been a LONG while since I posted a [rant] [/rant].

[rant]

Negative people. 

Why do you have to

• take offense at everything?
  • air the aforementioned offense?
  • poo on everything in the world?

There are a few people that EVERYTHING they say, everything they do, and everything they post is negative.

Example: (may or may not be made up, if you think its you im talking about you may or may not be right (probably not))

(Random FB Poster) I just got a inheritance and was able to pay off my house!  I miss my granny, but this was her dying wish for me to own my house!  Thank you Jesus!
(Random FB Poster's Friend #1)  That is so great!  I was there and know that she uttered this in her dying breath.
(Random FB Poster's Friend #2)  PTL!  (And thank you granny)
(Random FB Poster)  AMEN!  And I was able to buy a reliable used car to take kiddos to church every sunday!  Pics coming!
(Negative Norm)  YOU WILL BURN IN HELL BECAUSE THERE ARE STARVIN KIDS IN AFRICA AND DRUG BABIES DYING!  YOU SHOULD HAVE GIVEN THAT MONEY TO SOME ORGANIZATION!  THEY COULD HAVE USED IT BETTER.

See what I mean?  Everyone could be holding hands and singing Kumbaya, and one poster had to prove that they are a bastion of negativity for every friend on their list.  I think they may have been twice dipped in a prune juice/lemon juice mix, and put up wet.

You could post this:

(Random FB Poster)  I have decided to give my inheritance to starving children in Africa.

That is commendable.

But Negative Norm the FB friend would reply:  YOU ARE A IDIOT.  THERE ARE STARVING KIDS IN AMERICA.  THE AFRICA DEAL IS A SCAM.

There is no pleasing them.

*sigh*

[/rant]

(this was not meant in any way to point at Roscoe Bob and his downright dirty post on my page about eating ribs.  He however is over the top evil for posting that.)
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on February 24, 2011, 09:35:07 PM
Its been a LONG while since I posted a [rant] [/rant].

[rant]

Negative people. 

Why do you have to

• take offense at everything?
  • air the aforementioned offense?
  • poo on everything in the world?

There are a few people that EVERYTHING they say, everything they do, and everything they post is negative.

[/rant]

(this was not meant in any way to point at Roscoe Bob and his downright dirty post on my page about eating ribs.  He however is over the top evil for posting that.)
But Mini, I wasn't negative at all when I posted that. I was POSITIVE the ribs were delicious. :laughhard:
And who's the "Negative Norm" now? Instead of rejoicing with me because God has blessed me with a delicious meal, you're jealous. Hmmmm..... Matthew 7:5  comes to mind as fitting this post. :laughhard: :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Eh, there are people like that everywhere, in real life, not just on FB and forums. 

Or in the words of my grandmother, talking about a lady who used to work with her:  "She was never happy unless someone else was unhappy."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: five-oh on February 24, 2011, 10:56:05 PM
But Mini, I wasn't negative at all when I posted that. I was POSITIVE the ribs were delicious. :laughhard:
And who's the "Negative Norm" now? Instead of rejoicing with me because God has blessed me with a delicious meal, you're jealous. Hmmmm..... Matthew 7:5  comes to mind as fitting this post. :laughhard: :laughhard:

You bum...LOL  Ill be sure to post some pics on FB tomorrow night....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 24, 2011, 10:58:12 PM
Eh, there are people like that everywhere, in real life, not just on FB and forums. 

Or in the words of my grandmother, talking about a lady who used to work with her:  "She was never happy unless someone else was unhappy."

Then she should ALWAYS be happy!  There is always someone discontent out there...

Melody

In the last 2 wks, both of my (step) sisters have gotten married.

So when the second wedding took place this week, I posted on my sister's FB page: Can't wait for the family reunion!  Both weddings, because of circumstances, were elopements so we haven't gotten all together yet.

Don'tcha know someone's offended... lol 

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 04, 2011, 10:17:56 PM
In the last 2 wks, both of my (step) sisters have gotten married.

So when the second wedding took place this week, I posted on my sister's FB page: Can't wait for the family reunion!  Both weddings, because of circumstances, were elopements so we haven't gotten all together yet.

Don'tcha know someone's offended... lol 

Thats downright offensive...

:P

SippinTea

Indeed! I'm offended that Mini's offended because they were offended. I mean, what's NOT to be offended about?!

*cough* ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

I'm too indolent to be offended.  Wake me up if something incredibly offensive comes along and I might consider putting forth the effort to be offended.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 07, 2011, 03:19:04 AM
I'm too indolent to be offended.  Wake me up if something incredibly offensive comes along and I might consider putting forth the effort to be offended.

Im offended you used a word like indolent and made me try to figure out what it meant.

Lynx

Cool.  Have fun with it.  Glad I could help.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

EricShane

I am way smarter than you guys, therefor I cannot understand your made up words...

lol jk
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

upcchris

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 07, 2011, 03:19:04 AM

'spoken'  like a true feline. :thumbsup2:
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Lynx

I learned a lot from the cats we had.  Most things people get upset about just aren't worth the energy, not to mention the high blood pressure.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Newest Rant about FB people...

Saw this post yesterday:

QuoteIts not a secret that I don't like halloween.

It went on to say to be safe...and amittedly, it comes from a person who likes to thrust themselves into the center of attention.  When I read that yesterday, I thought...wait a second...that persons post doesnt match up with some of the stuff they have posted recently.  Then, I promptly forgot about it.  Today, I was skimming facebook, and saw two posts, by the same person, back to back:

QuoteThe twilight mania is in full swing at our house.

And then:

QuoteThis soundtrack is going to be awesome.
The Official Site for the Twilight Series: Breaking Dawn Soundtrack
breakingdawnthesoundtrack.com

Ok...if you dont like halloween, why are you one of those people who go totally nuts over the twilight movies?  The point is, she has no moral objection to halloween.  She just says whatever she wants to be noticed at the moment.  I was tempted to point out the error of her ways so she could continue not to like halloween and be noticed at the same time, but figured she might not do well with that kind of attention.

*sigh*

Melody

That's hilarious!  You shoulda said something about coming over dressed as a vampire...

Heather

People who call an animal hospital for advice about their pet then tell me I'm wrong because that's not what the Internet said.......oh brother........
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Just be glad you're not an auto mechanic or computer tech.  They get that *ALL* the time.   :frustrated:

Did you ask her what site she was reading her "information" from?  If it was from a forum, and she told you, the professional, that you were wrong because it disagreed with what she read in a forum, you are permitted to laugh in her face.  I think there's a law somewhere allowing it.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"