News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

When a guy has a crush on you....

Started by MelodyB, February 11, 2009, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

...and you dont like him like THAT, and he is really young...

What do you do?

I have NEVER had this problem before. But here I find myself with this guy here who REALLY likes me, follows me around, and he talks about me all the time. He is even now coming up to the church everyday to do some work, and he stops in my office several times a day to see what I am doing.

UGH. I dont like him like that. He is sweet, but he is WAY too young and immature. I mean for real.

What should I do?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

well... they tell me talking to his dad works really welll...

I know how you feel.
* sunlight hugs mel really really tight.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

:)

I dont know his Dad...but he hangs out with MY Dad. :o

Ill have to come back later and explain some more. Right now, Im headed for coffee with a friend. ;)

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Sis

A situation like that can become dangerous. Be careful, and try to get it stopped as soon as possible. Would your dad talk to him man to man?

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

BeccaBoo

Scott

Quote from: MelodyB on February 11, 2009, 12:03:37 AM

What do you do?

I have NEVER had this problem before. But here I find myself with this guy here who REALLY likes me, follows me around, and he talks about me all the time. He is even now coming up to the church everyday to do some work, and he stops in my office several times a day to see what I am doing.

UGH. I dont like him like that. He is sweet, but he is WAY too young and immature. I mean for real.

What should I do?

Just change his diaper and send him on his way........................

:freaky2:

Just tell him straight so that he does keep hoping

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

SippinTea

I think you meant doesn't keep hoping. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

RainbowJingles

Quote from: MelodyB on February 11, 2009, 12:03:37 AM

What do you do?

What should I do?

Wait 'til he grows up.  :bigcheese:

:couch:

:ignore:

*decides not to comment any further for fear that she will REALLY incriminate herself*  lol

p.s. How much younger *IS* he?

newkris

i haven't had a younger guy have a crush on me, but have had a couple of older guys.  of course, i'm not interested in dating anyone at all so that's my approach.  i have a couple of guys that have learned to just hang out and not be odd about it because they know i'm not interested.  the others are learning dating is not an option.

be direct.  be honest.  keep a proper guard up. 

and don't be alone with him.  really.  that only complicates people's imaginations.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

MelodyB

Quote from: Sis on February 11, 2009, 01:51:52 AM
A situation like that can become dangerous. Be careful, and try to get it stopped as soon as possible. Would your dad talk to him man to man?

No, I dont think he needs a "Man to man" talk. LOL

Quote from: Scott on February 11, 2009, 02:22:35 AM

Just change his diaper and send him on his way........................

Scott...you literally had me BOL on that one...you just dont know how funny that was. A couple of Fridays ago when we had a shindig at the church, he was dressed up as a baby and pushed around in a shopping cart made up like a baby buggy, and they were trying to find is Mommy. It was a hilarious skit, and he made a great baby cause he is missing his two front teeth. It was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time.

Ok, here is the deal. This guy, he is 19. He is kinda slow. Not full fledged mentally handicapped, but ever so slightly. He is the sweetest thing, and he will do anything and everything for anyone. I am not afraid of him, I dont think he has any bad intentions at all. He comes from a bad home life, and somehow he found Jesus, and our church, and he attends here. I dont know his full story. What I DO know is, he comes alone, and none of his family is there for him, and they dont really approve of him going to church like he does, but it gets him out of their way, so they dont really care.

Anyway, a few weeks ago, I went up to him after church and I asked him to fill out a directory form, and I told him I wanted to take his picture for the directory. He was elated! He stood there all proper and let me take his picture. Then I made my mistake...he was already happy that I wanted his picture, but then he said "How does it look" and I said "Oh, you look very handsome in this one, so good in fact, Im gonna put it on the very first page in the directory!" I wasnt kidding, cause his name is first in the alphabet in the directory, but he didnt get the joke, or realize that it was a joke rather, and that I was gonna put him first anyway, no matter what the picture looked like, and he was happy. THATS when it started. Since then, every service, he goes out of his way to stand by me before and after church, try to make small talk, and he just smiles his toothless grin everytime I walk up. He is clearly smitten.

Then Thursday night after church, I overheard him in the foyer talking to Pastor, and he was saying something about needing some extra credit for school, and they told him he can do volunteer work at at church or community center or whatever. So he was asking if there were odd jobs at the church he could do and Pastor could sign a paper saying he did so and so hours worth of work at the church. He agreed, so Friday he was here  following my Dad around and helping him. Well I was busy in the office (or pretending to be) and he comes in there, and was like "Soooo, Melody....this is your office...its nice...." and Im like "Uh huh, I like it" and then he stayed around for a few mins and was stumbling over himself, trying to find something to talk to me about. Finally he left, and went to go see what Dad wanted him to do.

Today...I walked out to the foyer and there he was. Then later, I was in the apartment, and Dad made some comment about "Your Boyfriend" and I was like "WHO?" and he said "Ricky, he keeps talking about you, and the other day, he asked me if he could go talk to you in your office for a min" SO DAD WAS THE ONE WHO TOLD HIM HE COULD!!! LOL Dad knows he is harmless, and he knows I dont like him, but I dont know what to do to let him know I am NOT intrested without hurting his feelings. I want to be nice to him, but I dont want him thinking that just cause I am nice to him, means I love him. :o

UGH.

I talked to my friends here about it, and they say he does this to everyone who shows him any positive attention, but what they didnt tell me is what to do about it. And no one is worried about the situation, they all know he is harmless. But its very annoying!

MelodyB

And not to make fun of him in any way, but the first time I have a problem like this, and it comes from someone who is like him and crushes on everyone.

*sigh*

Kinda makes me feel like I am not good enough or something.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel has almost exactly the same problem with a guy at church.

BeccaBoo

Quote from: MelodyB on February 11, 2009, 04:24:01 AM

You are good enough for any guy in this world and dont ever let anyone tell you different or you come to me and I will personally KICK their rear!!!

*HuGs*

:bigcheese:

MelodyB

AWWWW....thanks. *HUGS* BeccaBoo Back

Im sure you know what I mean though. Where are all the other guys? LOL

SippinTea

Quote from: Brecxie on February 11, 2009, 04:31:57 AM

You are good enough for any guy in this world and dont ever let anyone tell you different or you come to me and I will personally KICK their rear!!!

*HuGs*

Yeah! What she said! ^ I'll happily help her. :bigcheese:

Quote from: MelodyB on February 11, 2009, 04:33:41 AM

In Texas.

*cough*

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

BeccaBoo

Oh girl do I EVER know what you mean...

*sigh*

Their either married, engaged, have girlfriends, or GAY...

UGH!!

:lol:

sunlight

:sigh:

QuoteBut its very annoying!
yeah, that.
* sunlight hugs mel really tight
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on February 11, 2009, 04:34:47 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on February 11, 2009, 04:33:41 AM

In Texas.

*cough*

BOL! Yeah, at least a few good ones are. ;)

Quote from: Brecxie on February 11, 2009, 04:35:33 AM
Oh girl do I EVER know what you mean...

*sigh*

Their either married, engaged, have girlfriends, or GAY...

UGH!!

:lol:

I TOTALLY know what you mean!! The few guys I thought might ever be for me...yeah...GAY.

*sigh*

mini

Quote from: Brecxie on February 11, 2009, 04:31:57 AM

*HuGs*

I hereby change Brecxies name to Kung Fu Brecxie, keeper of GP security, sanity, and they key to Seths padded room.

MelodyB

Quote from: sunlight on February 11, 2009, 04:36:31 AM
:sigh:

QuoteBut its very annoying!
yeah, that.
* sunlight hugs mel really tight

:)
* MelodyB hugs Chel back

RainbowJingles

They're scared of your self-confident facade and intimidated by your outgoing personality, Mel.

Some of them.  The rest of them are either married or too young to date yet.  :hypocrite:

Goodness...  4 new replies while I was reading and typing?  lol

MelodyB

Thats just it...self confidence? Are you kidding? I am anything but self confident.

It is SO TOTALLY a facade, but if I show them the real me, they would also run, they would think I am a controlling, needy, clingy, emotional wreck! Which I am.

So frustrating.