News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

"The Unmarried One"

Started by Assuredbyfaith, December 11, 2008, 08:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are you?

Married
8 (26.7%)
Single and looking
6 (20%)
Single and happy being single
5 (16.7%)
Single never been married
8 (26.7%)
Human
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 28

newkris

isn't there a scripture about being content whatever state you're in? . . . .  hmmmm

it's really odd for me to hear, but people keep asking me when i'm going to start dating and if i'm going to various singles functions or have i noticed bro. so-and-so.  i'm always like, "what?  why are you asking me that."  then i realize i'm single.  as i have said before, it's easy for me to know that i'm not married, but tough to remember i'm single. 

you are much better off without the title "Divorced" or "Unhappily Married One". 

truly.

God will give you what you need when you need it and right on time - with or without a husband.  thus saith the bapka!  :pwink:
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Sis

With or without people cramming it down your throat, too!

SippinTea

Quote from: newkris on March 08, 2009, 01:23:07 PM
isn't there a scripture about being content whatever state you're in? . . . .  hmmmm

it's really odd for me to hear, but people keep asking me when i'm going to start dating and if i'm going to various singles functions or have i noticed bro. so-and-so.  i'm always like, "what?  why are you asking me that."  then i realize i'm single.  as i have said before, it's easy for me to know that i'm not married, but tough to remember i'm single. 

you are much better off without the title "Divorced" or "Unhappily Married One". 

truly.

God will give you what you need when you need it and right on time - with or without a husband.  thus saith the bapka!  :pwink:
Quote from: Sis on March 08, 2009, 06:15:58 PM

Preach it, Sistahs!! :thumbsup2:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

newkris

Quote from: Sis on March 08, 2009, 06:15:58 PM

exactly. 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Sis

My dad did that to me and I finally got mad and said, "I'm not going out with anyone at the moment. What do you want me to do, go down to [main] Street and pick out someone and say, I need to get married, let's go?" He stopped for awhile. He was so sure I was too stupid to live my life without a man that he would be there all the time. To the point of no privacy.

CDAGeek

QuoteHe was so sure I was too stupid to live my life without a man

Honestly, I've known more men who were hopeless on their own than women.

The Purple Fuzzy

The Bible's true. :)

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone...

Sis

Jallen

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on December 24, 2008, 08:38:52 PM

I have this strange phenomenon that happens when all eyes are on me................I turn red......really red..lol  Especially when I'm doing something people might think is funny!    :smirk2: :-\ :-(  I'm not sure the pictures would have looked good with my face, and the bouquet being red! :biglaugh:

[/quote]I know what you're talking about, the red face thing is no fun.

Jallen

Quote from: upcchris on January 19, 2009, 01:16:18 PM
I know the irritation of the 'you're next' routine...it almost sounds like a threat...and if they're not being prophetic, then why bother saying it? Do they know for sure that I will be the next person, amongst all the attendees of the wedding, that will get married...the art of wishful thinking at its best....*sigh* But if they are being prophetic...that's another matter entirely.

Ok I don't mind all *that* much...more often than not, it's amusing...but not if they try to set you up with someone....that's when the amusement ceases abruptly and irritaion and embarrassment sets in....but that rarely happens (if it's ever happened at all)

The best course of action in any an every situation is to pray.
Being set-up sounds fun!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: iridiscente on March 04, 2009, 11:55:33 PM
I wish I could copy and paste that to a few particular people without it being taken the wrong way!

I find that if I will say something in a kind manner; that even when the truth hurts, most people will at least listen to me..... I'm a very honest person...or I try to be... LOL  Since none of us are perfect.... I'm not going to beat myself up if I slip...lol   Most of the time I embarrass myself because I don't lie often; if you ask my advice I will more than likely tell you what you really need to do, even if it is just to grow up!!!  :updown:   :biglaugh: ;)

Of course, there are some people I find that I can't discuss certain things because no matter how you say something their going to take it the wrong way!!!  :-\  I work with one person in particular that takes everything you say the wrong way!!   GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sometimes it is best just to not talk to her at all, which  makes me feel bad; but that is slightly better than her getting her feelings hurt!!!  WOW... totally off the topic!!   
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on January 05, 2009, 01:56:16 AM
just stamp "desperate" across herself why doesn't she

wish her the best.... after 42yrs hasn't she realized single is less hassle anyway?

:laughhard:

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Sis

Not giving an opinion isn't dishonest. And telling people you don't know isn't dishonest. It's an evasion to keep from hurting someone's feelings.

There ARE people out there looking for a fight, and you have to watch everything you say around them. It's hard to work with someone when you feel like you have to tiptoe around them to keep from arguing, or at least to keep them from getting mad at you.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: upcchris on January 19, 2009, 01:16:18 PM
I know the irritation of the 'you're next' routine...it almost sounds like a threat...and if they're not being prophetic, then why bother saying it? Do they know for sure that I will be the next person, amongst all the attendees of the wedding, that will get married...the art of wishful thinking at its best....*sigh* But if they are being prophetic...that's another matter entirely.

Ok I don't mind all *that* much...more often than not, it's amusing...but not if they try to set you up with someone....that's when the amusement ceases abruptly and irritation and embarrassment sets in....but that rarely happens (if it's ever happened at all)

I guess it is part of being human when people feel they have to point out the obvious...

(The obvious being that "Yes, I'm single, and no I don't have kids..... Hello, I said I'm single; so that means there is no man in the picture, and that mean there is no ring on my finger, and yes that means I don't want to have a baby right now....seriously, why would I want to raise a kid on my own?"  :o  Sorry... I keep getting asked at work why I don't have kids....."HELLO, I'm single"   ....just needed to vent there a little bit!!!  I feel better!!! :biglaugh:)

...or they have to spout off meaningless comments when they interact with others!!!   I'm mean really how does "your next" help... ?  I'm next after what?  I'm next after who?  I'm next when??   Who am I next to?   LOL  How about a name, a place, a time........? :updown: ;)

Quote from: upcchris on January 19, 2009, 01:16:18 PMThe best course of action in any an every situation is to pray.

Amen!!!!!!!!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Sis on March 16, 2009, 06:30:26 PM
Not giving an opinion isn't dishonest. And telling people you don't know isn't dishonest. It's an evasion to keep from hurting someone's feelings.

There ARE people out there looking for a fight, and you have to watch everything you say around them. It's hard to work with someone when you feel like you have to tiptoe around them to keep from arguing, or at least to keep them from getting mad at you.

Sort of like"IF you can't say anything good don't say anything at all"!!!???

I try to practice that to a certain extent...but I have always felt that God has used me to be the one that others can come to with their troubles; if not their advisor, than maybe their confidant,or just their friend!!!  I get people coming to me all the time with their problems, and for the most part it's just for prayer....but I feel that if God has put me in someone's path than there is probably some words of wisdom he has for me to share.... even for the most part if it is only to say "God can handle any situation if you will turn it over to him!!!!".

Jallen

Assuredbyfaith

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!    

For example:  I said that the chocolate tastes different in the south because they have to put more wax in it because of the heat!!!  A given fact for the most part....lol   This certain someone decides that I hate the south because I'm always downing it!!!  Another example,  I said something about the local newspaper because they are always making mistakes... and a lot of them are really stupid, and sometimes funny; so this person says that people who are down on her town should just move!!!  :o :biglaugh: :-\ :smirk2:

CHILDISH stuff...but it never stops!!  Nobody is allowed to have their own opinion!!!!   :frustrated: 

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Jallen on March 13, 2009, 02:16:40 AM

Being set-up sounds fun!

You haven't been set up by my sister, or seen what the people at my work want to set me up with....LOL   They don't get the "unequally yoked" part of my belief... my Lifestyle!!!

Jallen

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 16, 2009, 06:55:53 PM

You haven't been set up by my sister, or seen what the people at my work want to set me up with....LOL   They don't get the "unequally yoked" part of my belief... my Lifestyle!!![/color]
No, you're right, that won't work. I was thinking within the body of believers (Apostolics).

Assuredbyfaith

My sister has always tried to set me up with apostolic men; but so far the experiences have me thinking that single may be the best state-of-being...so far!!! ;) Scary!!! :o  But then my sister is a bit older than me and our taste in men run a little differently...lol  Although, I will admit that she caught a good one when she married her husband...LOL

Sis

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 16, 2009, 06:52:17 PM

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!    

For example:  I said that the chocolate tastes different in the south because they have to put more wax in it because of the heat!!!  A given fact for the most part....lol   This certain someone decides that I hate the south because I'm always downing it!!!  Another example,  I said something about the local newspaper because they are always making mistakes... and a lot of them are really stupid, and sometimes funny; so this person says that people who are down on her town should just move!!!  :o :biglaugh: :-\ :smirk2:

CHILDISH stuff...but it never stops!!  Nobody is allowed to have their own opinion!!!!   :frustrated: 

OOOHHH! Know people like that. Hate that you have to walk around them so they don't fight with ya. *Shivers* Why can't people just try to get along for awhile?  Especially at work!

You have to be careful because they're looking to jump on one little thing you say that they can and will take the wrong way. Even if you make a mistake. Then they call you liar and other lovely names. I'm VERY familiar with this. You're not allowed mistakes, either. Everything you say and do is intentional in their eyes. UGHHHHH

Jallen

Quote from: Sis on March 16, 2009, 07:22:24 PM

OOOHHH! Know people like that. Hate that you have to walk around them so they don't fight with ya. *Shivers* Why can't people just try to get along for awhile?  Especially at work!
You kidding? I love dealing with prickly people like that... I've never met one I couldn't win over (with time).

Sis

There have been people at work that I have befriended. People that can't get along with anyone else. I've had people ask me how I can stand them. I've been told that I can get most anyone to like me.

BUT there ARE those who refuse to try to get along. They WANT to be "prickly" and they thrive on discord. It's hard to break through to these people because their mind is made up. Trouble is, they're so sweet to others. They pick and choose who they want to  be rude to or bully, if you will.

Or worse yet, the people who turn on you. Acted like your friend, then turned for some reason and blabbed everything you said in confidence because you thought  they were a friend.  I've even had some who PRETENDED to be your friend, and turned like that. They have even put down the others around then get you to say something, then go back to the others and tell what one thing you said. They don't tell what  THEY said. And I don't betray confidences, so I haven't said anything, either. Just took the lumps and cried about the mess they created.

Jallen

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 16, 2009, 07:13:42 PM
My sister has always tried to set me up with apostolic men; but so far the experiences have me thinking that single may be the best state-of-being...so far!!! ;) Scary!!! :o  But then my sister is a bit older than me and our taste in men run a little differently...lol  Although, I will admit that she caught a good one when she married her husband...LOL
I've heard several women make the same complaint. Not sure what that means...

SippinTea

I know what she means.

Do I EVER know what she means! :lol:

*mumbles about being ever so thankful for her PC*

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel