News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Any ladies know how to make wedding punch???

Started by Mrs. Yosemite, May 14, 2008, 12:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Yosemite

I didnt have punch at my wedding, I had sparkly apple & white grape cider. We are throwing my Pastor & Wife a  54 wedding anniversary after church Sunday night. I figured since 54 is sapphire, I would attempt to make the punch blue. lol

You ladies who are experts with punch got any ideas for somebody who doesnt know beans about how to make good punch??

sunlight

you could use that blue koolaid to color it blue! then add some sort of juice! lol, sounds good to me!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Mrs. Yosemite

THanks! HAHA Yea turning everybody's teeth blue would be fun for me! lol

nicolejoy

My mum makes GREAT punch. She uses tins of fruit (in natural juices), and ginger ale mostly, I think... I don't know the exact "recipe" though!!

MelodyB

This looks pretty easy...and instead of the peach jello, you can use the blue stuff.

WEDDING PUNCH   

8 c. sugar
2 qt. water

Make syrup. Add: 4 (6 oz.) cans pineapple juice 4 (6 oz.) cans orange juice 4 (6 oz.) cans grapefruit juice 4 (6 oz.) cans lemonade 3 lg. boxes of flavored gelatin dissolved in hot water for color & flavor
Set in refrigerator overnight; just before serving add gingerale, if you desire. Use apricot juice instead of grapefruit juice if you care to. For Golden Wedding punch, use peach gelatin for color and flavor.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,163,145172-241195,00.html
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: sunlight on May 14, 2008, 02:14:49 AM
you could use that blue koolaid to color it blue! then add some sort of juice! lol, sounds good to me!
Then throw in some 7 Up or ginger ale to liven things up. :)

Mrs. Yosemite

Everybody will be wondering... "hmmm never had punch like this before!"

sunlight

BOL! yay! its an origional! the best! lol!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

The best recipes for punch that I've had have been

equal parts
(well, it doesn't have to be "equal" but keep it close as much as you can)

CANADA DRY ginger ale (other brands are usually WAY too sweet) and
Hawaiian Punch (it looks lie they have a blue flavor, so it might not be too hard)

Top it with whatever flavor sherbet strikes your fancy (pineapple, orange or rainbow is usually good, but you'll prob want to use a white lemon or pineapple sherbet so you don't have to worry about another color tinting your punch).
For a little extra zing (and a deeper blue), you may want to add a pack of frozen blueberries, or freeze a fresh blueberry into your "ice cubes" and let them melt into the punch.

It's simple to experiment in advance.  Just grab a bottle of each of the drinks and a box of sherbet and pour the glass with a mix of the two and top it off with a bit of sherbet.  :-)

Have fun and happy party!  :-)

Also:  pre-freeze (in advance) a bunch of the hawaiian punch in ice cube trays to avoid having to add so much regular ice to the punch and water it down.

Ashlee

mini

I read this title and thought, "Hum...how to make wedding punch.  First you smart off to the soon to be mother in law, then you make a sarcastic remark to the bride at the altar about her dress, and the punch begins.  Cops and police intervention soon follow..."
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy