News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Favorite restraunt?

Started by Sis, February 02, 2008, 05:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

Awww I thought you were around enough to find it. It was a 50's type thing but the kids working there wore rollerblades instead of regular skates. Kind of expensive but it was fun.

If I remember right, it's someplace near the Science Museum.

Mrs. Yosemite

Quote from: Sis on May 06, 2008, 05:17:11 PM
The Old Country Buffet in Fairfax now has  a grill. The grilled steaks are pretty good. All you can eat steak! Imagine that! and it's good!

I Love OCB's!! They have one in Memphis. We nearly killed ourselves there too! haha Its just so much good stuff, there's no way my stomach can hold out long enough to try a little of everything my eyeballs wonder onto. <a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D4%252F4%255F11%255F8%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Sis

Do they call it the "pig palace" down there, too?   :laughhard:

mesipie

gomez...its a local mexican restaurant...i love the hot sauce.....i love mexican food...i also like papa citas...but its nearly 1 hr away....

its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

Mrs. Yosemite

Quote from: Sis on May 07, 2008, 03:05:20 AM
Do they call it the "pig palace" down there, too?   :laughhard:

HA! Well Memphis has the Pink Palace Museum. I dont know why they dont just go ahead and put a restaurant named Pig Palace. lol THat would be funny.

<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZKxdm021YYUS%2526i%253D16%252F16%255F10%255F9%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0

Sis

Been to Memphis. Didn't see that. It was a bad trip. Looked all over and couldn't find Sun studio. I ended up being sick on that trip so I didn't get to do much. I went out for a bit each day but got tired really fast. I started feeling better the day we flew home. *Snaps fingers*

Mrs. Yosemite

Sun studio is easy to miss. Its just a little bitty hole in the wall in the midst of a bunch of other buildings. Its down there somewhere close to Union Avenue. A bunch of one way streets and stuff. I've passed it many times. Once you've seen it, you've saw it. If you know what I mean. Its like Elvis's Birthplace here in Tupelo. lol Once you've seen it, you've saw it. On to the next eposode.... lol

Sis

Quote from: Mrs. Yosemite on May 07, 2008, 04:48:47 PM
Sun studio is easy to miss. Its just a little bitty hole in the wall in the midst of a bunch of other buildings. Its down there somewhere close to Union Avenue. A bunch of one way streets and stuff. I've passed it many times. Once you've seen it, you've saw it. If you know what I mean. Its like Elvis's Birthplace here in Tupelo. lol Once you've seen it, you've saw it. On to the next eposode.... lol

Well, I was walking, so one way streets didn't bother me. Stevebert had a convention at the Peabody, so I had all day to mess around. I got to see Beale Street. Glad they cleaned it up by the time I got there. LOL I found W.C. Handy's place.  But I need to go back. Without the flu. LOL

Mrs. Yosemite

Well if ya'll ever come back to Memphis, without the flu, And if Yosemite is around, we can come up there to Memphis. Maybe we can show you around the Pink Palace. lol Yosemite hasnt ever been in the pink palace either.

Sis

Real men aren't afraid of pink.

Mrs. Yosemite

:thumbsup2: Dat's Right!

Sis

Want to go to Anita's. No  money, though!

chelleebelle

Quote from: SippinTea on February 24, 2008, 05:54:50 AM

The Rhinelander--in Portland, Oregon

What type of foods do they serve?  May have to try it out when I'm out there!

Sis

You know, Chelleebelle you remind me so much of a friend of mine from back home. Her name is Debbie. She even wears the same kind of glasses. 

sunlight

I think she is really pretty.
Quote from: Sis on May 18, 2008, 02:50:49 AM
You know, Chelleebelle you remind me so much of a friend of mine from back home. Her name is Debbie. She even wears the same kind of glasses. 
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

chelleebelle

I have had some folks tell me that on occasion.  To my knowledge there is only one of me!  (Which is a very good thing, by the way)  :)

SippinTea

Chellebelle, the Rhinelander serves German food, and the atmosphere is very fun. The waiters and waitresses run around in the old country style clothes, and when someone has a birthday they'll all come around with an accordion and sing a few songs. Sometimes they even do a little folk dance. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Sis

Quote from: chelleebelle on May 18, 2008, 12:09:58 PM

I have had some folks tell me that on occasion.  To my knowledge there is only one of me!  (Which is a very good thing, by the way)  :)

Well, you're better off cuz my friend back home isn't saved. YET!

ST, every time you talk about Rhinelander, I think of Wisconsin.   :laughhard:

chelleebelle

Quote from: SippinTea on May 18, 2008, 02:28:43 PM
Chellebelle, the Rhinelander serves German food, and the atmosphere is very fun. The waiters and waitresses run around in the old country style clothes, and when someone has a birthday they'll all come around with an accordion and sing a few songs. Sometimes they even do a little folk dance. :)

:beret:

Sounds neat!  If it is close to where we are staying, I may have to venture out!

joyful 39

Where is this Rhinelander? I always wanted to try some German food.