News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

[Merged] Men in pink

Started by M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ, May 09, 2007, 08:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M‡¢ĦÆŁ Ҝ

What's your opinion?  Can men pull off wearing pink, or is pink too feminine a color for men to wear?
Move along, nothing to see here.

Raecheal

mini

Pink is a womans color.  Men should not wear things that are womens, therefore, no pink for men.

*just to stir pot*
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

randerzforya

I think it's ok for men other than my hubby..I think I would have to :pound: him if he tried to wear pink. lol

myhaloisintheshop

my husband would look horrible in pink

*gag*

alohilani

lol!

I think it's up to the guy, personally. For instance - I know a guy who wears bright colors ALL the time - his favorite shirt is a pink polo. It doesn't look feminine on him - it works because he's wacky, anyway. ;)

This theory doesn't apply to guys who are wearing certain colors in certain ways because of a certain spirit they're carrying around. *grin*

Chseeads

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on May 09, 2007, 08:29:23 PM

*gag*

:up2:

I have a pink shirt I wear.  I've had comments that I actually pull off pink very well.  I don't think much of it.

myhaloisintheshop

I think there are guys that CAN pull it off.  Bryen has a great skin tone to wear stuff like that.

Clint on the other hand is limited in what he wears.

SippinTea

Depends on the shade of pink, and depends on the man. *shrug*

In general...no, I don't care for pink on men. But I'll admit there are a few that can pull it off.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

myhaloisintheshop

Quote from: Chseeads on May 09, 2007, 08:38:12 PM
Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on May 09, 2007, 08:29:23 PM

*gag*

:up2:

I have a pink shirt I wear.  I've had comments that I actually pull off pink very well.  I don't think much of it.

Ya know--the pink in that picture doesn't bother me as bad as that nasty not shaved look he has.

He gets to hear me nag when he doesn't shave...lol

EmmazMommy

my husband looks GORGEOUS in pink!he has a great dark skin tone,  but the only pink he wears is

or this tie with a grey shirt

randerzforya

I think they just have to have the right skin tone and personality to be able to pull off pink. Pink definitely does not fit my hubby's personality.

B

I have a magenta tie.

B

Chseeads

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on May 09, 2007, 08:41:08 PM

Clint on the other hand is limited in what he wears.

So you're saying that Clint doesn't wear many clothes?  Well well.....

myhaloisintheshop

he is limited in the COLORS that look good on him. 

alohilani

:biglaugh:

Only Seth. *shaking head*

NessasMama

REAL Men wear pink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :laughhard:

I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Amelia Bedelia

Love that photo!  :laughhard:

I can't believe this is being talked about again   :frustrated:

LOL

MelodyB

I know right...didnt we have a tread like this already?

The pink thing...it SO depends on the guy...some guys look REALLY GOOD in pink, and some....well....dont.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Jennie-lynnie

My hubby has a pink shirt and tie. I went through I phase where I loved wearing pink! And when I wore a pink church outfit he would wear his pink shirt and tie so we would match. I thought it was cute :)*

*Christi*

Josh looks great in pink!!  He wears pink quite often.  He is quite the outgoing, fashion forward guy though.

We also put pink on Noah alot, maybe it's because he looks just like Josh!  I don't think Isaac owns anything pink though!!  His fair blonde hair just wouldn't jive with pink.

newkris

my older son will NOT wear pink . . . wouldn't look good on him if he did, honestly.
my younger son wears pink and it looks fine.

but then j is a redneck country boy (can NOT imagine how that happened)
and thi is rather metro and styling.

well, j is stylin', too, and dresses very nicely, but not the same Nordstrom look that thi has . .  j belongs in AB's scruffy guy thread.  thi . . . wouldn't. 

depends on the personality and WHY they wear pink.  truly.

there are a couple of guys that come to mind that should NEVER wear pink and i bet it would never occur to them to even try it.  honestly.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Melody

Quote from: M‡¢ĦÆ∟ Ҝ on May 09, 2007, 08:03:54 PM
What's your opinion?  Can men pull off wearing pink, or is pink too feminine a color for men to wear?

Men can pull it off if the rest of the clothing is "masculine."  Like a suit.  If their wearing a pink T-shirt and 80's running shorts, then um... it's clear....

Melody

I thought I'd throw in some fun pics too....

Real Men Wear Pink

CBS) With the help of David Zinczenko, editor in chief of Men's Health magazine, The Early Show's "Chic on a Shoestring" segment focused on spring fashions for men. The big headlines: Suits are coming back, pink is okay for men, and stripes are still hot.

Look No. 1: Work

Look cool and stay cool in a business suit.
According to the May issue of Men's Health, you can wear khaki suits in May. Khaki is huge this season in both men's and women's fashions. It's a perfect suit as the weather warms up. It's versatile, cool and looks good with all skin tones.

One of the biggest trends in men's fashion is a return to classic American styles. Last year, it was seersucker; this year, khaki suits, which are quintessentially American. These suits are available at all price points, from low to high.

We pair it with a pink dress shirt, which is one of the hottest colors for spring. And yes, men can wear pink with no shame. And just so you know, Men's Health did a fashion feature on color in November and discovered that women are more drawn to men wearing certain colors. Guess what? Pink topped that list.

"It's a color women gravitate toward," according to Lisa Herbert, executive vice president at Pantone, a color research firm. "It indicates intimacy and sensitivity." Not to mention confidence.

The Look: Khaki suit, pink dress shirt, brown dress shoes

Look No. 2: The Date

A mix of tailored and relaxed.

When you don't know what she's wearing, it's best to err on the side of dressier. The easiest way to do this is to mix a tailored item with something more casual. It sends the signal that you're part serious, part relaxed.

Guys are always most comfortable in jeans, but you don't want to look like a slob when you're trying to make a good impression. So, wear a collared shirt and jacket. If she's in a cocktail dress sitting across the table from you, you look dressed up from the waist up.

Denim for spring is lightening up, with more of a stonewashed effect, but otherwise, it's clean and distress-free.

Look No. 3: The Weekend

What to wear at the beach? White was big on the runways for spring, in suits, shirts, shorts and trousers. It can be a hard color to pull off, so we like it in casual, relaxed pants, ideal for a weekend at the beach.

While white-on-white (shirt and pants, or suit jacket and trousers) was the way designers showed it, Men's Health magazine takes a more realistic approach, mixing it with the season's cool striped shirts.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/27/earlyshow/living/beauty/main691184.shtml

newkris

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 10, 2007, 03:38:49 AM

We pair it with a pink dress shirt, which is one of the hottest colors for spring. And yes, men can wear pink with no shame. And just so you know, Men's Health did a fashion feature on color in November and discovered that women are more drawn to men wearing certain colors. Guess what? Pink topped that list.

"It's a color women gravitate toward," according to Lisa Herbert, executive vice president at Pantone, a color research firm. "It indicates intimacy and sensitivity." Not to mention confidence.

That's fabulous!  i love it!  and i think pic no. 2 needs to be in AB's scruffy thread.  now, i think that kind of scruffy with a khaki suit is a great looking guy, hey? 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.