News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

2007 NAYC - North Carolina

Started by natewasmundt, July 20, 2006, 01:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberMarie

I'm planning on going....woohooo!!! I'm usually a chaperone, we have tons of fun!  :grin:

drummerbear7

Quote from: CamDodd on February 13, 2007, 12:33:22 AM
Quote from: drummerbear7 on February 12, 2007, 08:52:34 PM
Quote from: CamDodd on February 06, 2007, 04:05:29 AM
This may all be different for youth groups but my youth leader said it would take somewhere around 5000-6000 dollars for the trip FOR US. This may vary depending on location and such.
:o holy cow where do ya live????? umm if we fly form Omaha.. it would cost about 450.. and i think that includes our Hotel.... u have to shop around for hotels, and stuff, u can usually find deals if u are willing to look for them.
We're in Southwest Louisiana. But we plan to do more stuff than just go to youth congress. Are you talking about 450 per person or for a whole youth group?

wow well were are not taking that many!!! but we do have our plane tickets and our hotel booked!!! and we are in walking distance too!! yippey!! i can't wait only 118 days!!!

zizi90

Just curious, at NAYC (I have never been) are there a lot of booths and such, where people sell stuff like you would see at most conferences?
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

AmberMarie

um...not a lot but there are some for like the youth corps and sheaves for christ and bible colleges and whatnot.

We got $3265 tonight by auctioning off the youth group. So that makes us at about $4000 raised so far. Woohoooo!!

alohilani

I vote Soul Winner's Boot Camp over NAYC, myself.. ;)

zizi90

How many people do y'all think attend NAYC? I really want to go, but I don't know that much about it.
www.PaulinaCarmel.com ~Modest Clothing~
www.PaulinaCarmel.Blogspot.com ~Mod Fashion Blog

AmberMarie

MelodyB

Quote from: alohilani on May 07, 2007, 05:05:43 PM

Thats because you have now been brainwashed by Matt Maddix!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Called_&_chosen

Quote from: Mel-Mel on May 07, 2007, 11:49:06 PM
Quote from: alohilani on May 07, 2007, 05:05:43 PM

Thats because you have now been brainwashed by Matt Maddix!

:roll:

:laughhard:
*Ashley Thomas*
"Mistakes are part of the price you pay for KNOWLEDGE"

*Bro Harold Linder*
"if God Calls You. You Will be Happy"
"Many Are Called but Few are Chosen"

*Bro Tim Green*
"You cant have a testimony without aTest"

alohilani

LOL! Naah, I would have recommended it before - I don't like regular conferences. ;)

Still, though, now that I'm on staff, there's all the more reason for me to recommend it... :biglaugh:

angelofthe_lordz

Our youth group is going!!!! We're in the STL area and were planning on raising $4,000.00 however, if the gas don't drop we're going to raise the budget. However, we did get really good rates on our room we're only going to be 4 blocks from the arena and we're only paying $109 per night. Its going to be an awesome trip.

One thing some of your groups might want to try is if you have a theme park next to you, you might try and see if they have fundraising programs. For example here our group works @ six flags and we make $800-1,000 per day we work. We make 11% off of the stand for the day which is very good. I have 4 booked for this summer. Plus 4 BBQ/Bakesales. Those go over well around here.

Just a few ideas for ya'll.

GottaTellSomebody

edgehead7

Quote from: zizi90 on July 21, 2006, 12:06:13 AM
I believe ...North American Youth Congress.......
ohhh,i didnt know that,now i feel dumb,i thought it was national apostolic youth convention,lol

Cody P

I didnt get a chance to go to NAYC 2007 unfortuantly. Did anyone in here happen to get a dvd of the services?
I Am A Child Of God !

drummerbear7

i wish... ppl have posted video's of the services on youtube, but all i saw were mostly durning alter calls and worshi time, i don't think there is any preachng, but then again i don't know for sure, it was good though dude, u should really make plans for  Nashville in '09!

Cody P

I hope someone has the dvd of it. I may make plans on trying to attend in " 09".
I Am A Child Of God !

drummerbear7

oh well as soon as i have time i think we are going to sit down ( my friends and i) and start looking for hotels and stuff, u think i'm crazy but we started really early last time, and we got one of the hotels that was the closes to the Arena, it was nice let me tell ya!! we could just walk there.

angelofthe_lordz

Friday night was the best night. There was such a move of God in the arena. Bro. Gaddy did an awsome job!! If you've never been make plans to be in Nashville in 09. What's even more exciting about 09 is General Conference is going to be in STL so that is super close to home for me!! I can't wait.

drummerbear7

angelofthe_lordz

drummerbear7

awe i see i see, yeah that would be awesome to go to Conference, i have not gone since i was like 7?? maybe? idk for sure.