News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I didn't get too crazy with my sushi. 1 roll was smoked salmon and cream cheese and the other 1 was crab meat of some sort, avocado, and cucumber. Both were quite delicious.

I woke up this morning feeling like I've been run over by and 18 wheeler. My feet, knees, and head feel like they could explode at any moment. Sometimes I wonder if when this happens, it's my bodies way of telling me to slow down because I end up getting too much going on. Going to try to take the morning easy and get my speech done I have to present in 3 hours and probably just doze off and on.

Also our taxes dropped this morning. First thing we are doing is going to pay off Husband's car!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

I have a portable dishwasher for sale, if anyone wants it. But you'll have to come pick it up yourself. :P

Teddy's second tooth finally popped through, and I THOUGHT that might mean the screaming would stop at least temporarily. But no. It did not mean that. Poor little fellow. Teething has been really rough on him. I don't remember it being quite this bad for Miss Bella.

I need a break. But all of my trusted (local) babysitters are either sick, or taking care of sick people. Bah humbug. lol

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

If you go to the Chinesse Buffet across from Wal-Mart ine Meridian MS they have a variety of sushi including deep fried.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Got a lot done today. Packed what I'm keeping out of Moms room, got the tables set up in there, took several loads of stuff to the new apt. Packed up the kitchen and living room. Now I have to pack the bathroom and my room and move furniture.

I also called and got the water and electric transferred over. Did a bunch of laundry.

It's moving right along.

Hopefully will be moved and staying in the new place by the weekend. Then all I have to do is have my yard sale here and clean the place up, and it will be over. I'll take a day or two to rest and then the job search starts.

Still need a washer and dryer though. For now I have these for another week. But will need the stackable soon.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Have you contacted any used appliance stores? When I had a fridge go out a few years ago I put a bug in the ear of one of the stores and they called me as soon as they got in what I was looking for.

I finally got out of bed around 4 this afternoon. Missed my speech. Husband went and got me potato soup. That's about been my day.

Lynx

MelodyB: Glad it's moving so smoothly. Never met you myself, but from what I hear you deserve to have something go right.

And for sushi, about the best we have around here is Hibachi Grill. No deep-fried sushi, but some really good stuff. Some raw fish, some cooked fish, some excellent smoked salmon sushi... and some squid, which was too chewy to be worth it for me. I ate the one I got, but I didn't get any more.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

@MelodyB See at Aaron's or RAC if they have a stackable for sell. Most rent-to-own places have a ton of stuff that works great but they can't rent again due to model years or if it had a major repair. They usually offer 3-6 month warranties and usually the price is great.

MsJennJenn

I thought she didn't want to rent one for money reasons lol?
Melbs you really need to check Craigslist - I got my full size for like less than $200. I bet Craigslist would work for you. Especially cheap! Sometimes people will negotiate cus they need to sell.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I may or may not have been looking at craiglists for around her area. Cheapest I could find for stackable was 450. No clue what the norm is for that type though or that area.

I've decided I want to bite the bullet and do summer classes. I only have to take 6 hours [classes] to keep my work study job. I just don't think I can do a whole, full-time work load at Keva. I'll end up punching people in the face and I'm sure that's frowned upon. This way I will keep my momentum for school and my work study position [which pays the same as Keva] and I can make my schedule there. So maybe in this way, they will stop overworking me and scheduling me every Sunday!!!! Grrrr!!!!

taco_harvell

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 19, 2016, 03:09:08 PMI thought she didn't want to rent one for money reasons lol?
Melbs you really need to check Craigslist - I got my full size for like less than $200. I bet Craigslist would work for you. Especially cheap! Sometimes people will negotiate cus they need to sell.
It's not renting it's purchasing from rent-to-own places. They have tons of nice stuff they sell because it's been taken from circulation for whatever reason. Usually at major discounted prices and usually a 3-6 month warranty. My parents got great deals this way. Just call a rent-to-own place and ask ''What do you have for sale you can't rent?''.

Heather

Work was stupid today. No other way to put it. I finally was able to leave 1.5 hours after we closed due to the circus.

I'm now in my pajamas, eating sushi, and watching Guardians of the Galaxy [again].

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Spent all day working on Rusty. Came home, took Lou out to eat. Fixing to go to bed...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

So not only was work crazy, but one of my coworkers [who wasn't even working yesterday] went on a drunken rant against me last night via FB threatening me up to and including killing me. Then he turned around and emailed the boss that he resigned. So I may have to go to work today? If he doesn't show up? Brandon is not happy with the situation at all. He wants me to put in my notice regardless because I won't be safe working with him or if he is no longer employed because he knows I end up by myself for at least 1-2 hours every shift I work. I do have enough time with work study due to snow days to work around 20 hours per week til the end of the semester. Also as of today Brandon is making 10/hr and they are offering full-time.

I have no idea how I'm going to get my homework done this weekend.

MelodyB

As per Tacos suggestion, I called ALL of the rent-to-own places in town and surrounding towns and only one had what I needed...but for far more than I am willing to pay at this time. I also called every used appliance store and came up with plenty of regular washers and dryers but no stackable. 

I've checked craigslist, I found one and emailed the seller but they never replied. I've checked the online local boards for it and nothing yet. 

I know it will turn up when I need it and for the amount I can afford, I just wish it was today so I'd have it off my mind already. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Shew,Lord. Been a busy weekend. But a good one- Rusty is now 100% back in running condition. In fact, he is running better now than he has in the 8 years I've owned him. I am on top of the world. Those two months without him were killer, but it was worth it to have this low mileage running gear in it now. I drove 50 miles or so after getting him back on the road, just to make sure there were no issues. Smiled the whole time...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Co-worker showed up to work yesterday sober and supposedly 'didn't remember' threatening to kill me.  :roll:  I had already showed the owner and boss the messages when I went by to speak to them about the situation. I received another message from him last night saying he was 'sorry'. Given the situation, after talking to husband and wise friends and also after much prayer, I have decided to tell my boss to drop me to 1 day per week. I have work study time and Brandon has decided to go full time so that we can get insurance and to also keep me safe from crazy co-worker. I'll stay 3 days a week until she can hire someone on, but I give her 2 weeks to do so. If she doesn't, then I'm gone. I can't work in fear. I've done it before. I had a co-worker at my first AutoZone who was constantly harassing me up to pinning me against racks and groping. I got to stressed about work that my hair had started to fall out. I now have the option not to have to stay in that situation and I won't. Also no more Sundays or Wednesdays. I can't wait to actually be in church every week instead of maybe 3 times total a month.

Roscoe

:hi:
 Ugh. Morning again. Looking forward to vacation, it needs to hurry and get here..

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Boss tried to tell me if I dropped to only 1 day it had to be Sundays. I told her if I can't do Saturdays then I'm gone. Starting in 2-3 weeks...I'll be only working on Saturdays  :cool:

SippinTea

I'm dragging. And I'm also more than a little irritated at certain teens who live at my house. Whose kids are these, anyway? :hypocrite:  feeling a bit hungry, but too tired to want to get up and do anything about it.

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

Quote from: SippinTea on February 22, 2016, 05:14:32 AMI'm dragging. And I'm also more than a little irritated at certain teens who live at my house. Whose kids are these, anyway? :hypocrite:  feeling a bit hungry, but too tired to want to get up and do anything about it.

What did Chris and Bella do?

MsJennJenn

Still without a working computer. But I checked the UPS shipping tracking today and it's finally made it to it's destination. Here's to hoping they fix it today, and ship back tomorrow. Sigh. Yea right....

Went to Austin this weekend with a friend. Our young adult leaders moved up there to Pastor a church last month, so we made our first trek up there to see them. Super fun, but I am super tired today. I need a nap.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It was so warm last night I almost needed the air conditioner and today it's chilly and I had to put on my flannel shirt.

Roscoe

My Monday is going like I wish every Monday would go. I had received a subpoena on a DWI that I wrote, oh, 12 years ago that I had to go to court on- at 1 pm. Our department has a standing policy that if you have court during your work day, you get the day off for court. So, I slept in until I discovered Lou was off.
 Then I took her to breakfast and cheated by eating one of the biggest best biscuits I have ever saw in a restaurant , smothered in chocolate gravy. Our chariot of choice was, of course, Rusty, who is like a new truck with his new running gear.
 Came home, got ready for court, saw all of my old friends and discovered that the court case had been postponed until March.  Spent maybe 30 minutes there, then wandered through the court house seeing all my county official friends (politicking is what I've been accused of).
I left there, went by the butcher shop where they were selling aged sirloin cheap. Like $1.99 a lb, if you bought the entire piece of meat they cut the steaks out of. $20 later I have several steaks and about 5 lbs of ground sirloin. Best deal I've found in a while.
 Then I came home, hauled off some stuff to the burn pile, built a shelf for my radio room, and am currently keeping a check on a pork loin that is broiling for dinner tonight...:fork: