News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Time to Fish or cut bait (newsman)- talk about it in Sharing 4-3-8

Started by Roscoe, June 05, 2011, 12:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

http://waveatthebus.blogspot.com/

Thats some funny stuff right there....dad goes out on the first day of school and waves at his son as he leaves on the school bus.  Only problem, Dad's dressed in a costume.  And his son is 15.

Son tells momma that after school, "Please dont let dad do that to me again."  Dad, being the nice, loving husband and father says, "A CHALLENGE! SUUUUWWEEEEETTT!" and dresses up every morning in a different costume.  And takes pictures and blogs about it.  LOL

disclaimer...I have not saw every pic.  Dont know if they are all goodard...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Lord, I feel like I've been run over this morning....lol

Nelle

MY: The appliance devil is out and about! My boyfriend's washer and dryer both died in the past two weeks! He's about to have a cow! Haha.. :-/

Working until 12 today. Then home to pack, wash my car, get ready, and head to Illinois. :) Staying until Sunday night! :) So ready to be with my best friend!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on June 10, 2011, 05:20:58 AM
Howdy y'all.  Just got home and found another pair of shoes has arrived.  The leather ones actually make good dress shoes. :D
We need a photo... at least of your shoes. ;)

MsJennJenn

I'm with Mini - best coon hunting story ever! hahaha Sethers...you had me crackin' up!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Nelle, THAT would stink.  All those trips to the laundry mat, all those quarters.  No fun.

We're getting a nice break from the warmth today with raininess in the 80's.

I think we're going to put Andrew back in p.s. this fall, if we can move to another school district.  Band, track, etc just isn't the same with only his sister. LOL  Hannah will still be h.s. 

Melody

Seth! That is good times right there.  When the bug bites heal, you're gonna smile remembering that story.. we all are.

I love a good story.  Good guys always win!

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 10, 2011, 11:57:31 AM
http://waveatthebus.blogspot.com/

Thats some funny stuff right there....dad goes out on the first day of school and waves at his son as he leaves on the school bus.  Only problem, Dad's dressed in a costume.  And his son is 15.

Son tells momma that after school, "Please dont let dad do that to me again."  Dad, being the nice, loving husband and father says, "A CHALLENGE! SUUUUWWEEEEETTT!" and dresses up every morning in a different costume.  And takes pictures and blogs about it.  LOL

disclaimer...I have not saw every pic.  Dont know if they are all goodard...
I can see you doing a stunt like this....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 10, 2011, 02:05:05 PM
Nelle, THAT would stink.  All those trips to the laundry mat, all those quarters.  No fun.

We're getting a nice break from the warmth today with raininess in the 80's.

I think we're going to put Andrew back in p.s. this fall, if we can move to another school district.  Band, track, etc just isn't the same with only his sister. LOL  Hannah will still be h.s. 

What's p.s. and h.s.?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Well, nothing else was bothered for the rest of the night....I hope that's a good sign. lol

MelodyB

That was a great coon story!!

Sittin here with my Bug. Watching Shaun the Sheep.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

I'm glad everybody else enjoyed it so well....I should've sold tickets to the event.  lol  I didn't enjoy it much at all.  :P

Here's the site of Coonster's Last Stand:  It was wayyyyyyy up in the top left side of this tree, from this angle....

And Coonster is no longer standing....

Chseeads

I need to go dispose of the dead before it lays there and rots in the heat.

:smirk2:

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Poor nothing...that thing sprang from the loins of Satan.

MsJennJenn

He still was a creature God created that you killed.

:sadbounce: lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Nice guilt trip, MJJ. hahaha

I also enjoyed the coon story. :) I think if I could've heard it instead of just reading, I might've died laughing.

MsJennJenn

haha yea it def. would have been more hilarious to hear Sethers voice the story instead of reading it...lol

haha thanks...I like meat - so my guilt trip is short-lived haha...
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  Would you believe I only just now got up?  Couldn't get to sleep until 5am or so, which is not normal for me.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 10, 2011, 01:12:43 PM
We need a photo... at least of your shoes. ;)
Have patience.  Yesterday I placed an order for a little Canon USB camera, on the recommendation of an expert.  Three guesses who.  Shipping is 4-9 days though, so who knows when it'll get here.

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 10, 2011, 02:05:05 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  Home school rocks!  Putting me back in public school was the worst move mom ever made. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 10, 2011, 03:37:34 PM
He still was a creature God created that you killed.

:sadbounce: lol

The terrors continued after he was dead....oh my lord....when I went to haul it off, discovered that tiny ticks were crawling off of it all over the place...horrendous!!!!!!!!!!

One was crawling on my hand while I was in the bathroom stripping naked to look at myself...LOL  :blush:

I put my clothes in the washer and got in the shower and scrubbed myself....  I needed a wire brush, flea & tick shampoo, and a full body Nair treatment....

*shudder*

BLAH!

MsJennJenn

ROFL - you and your excursions Sethers...

I would have never made it in home school...neither would my mother. I don't think I'll home school either...I would consider a university model schooling, but never homeschooling and that's all.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

It never ends....I hope my car is not full of them....or if any are in there, they all die of heat stroke.

Melody

I would do the SAME thing Seth! I'd have the creepy crawly feeling probably all day too. 

So you need to get a shovel next time and put it in a bag asap.  Or did you bury it?

Jenn, homeschool has so many variables there's no cookie cutter anything for anyone.  When it comes to being his own person, Andrew does well with that.  But the school district we're in was totally failing him, and not communicating to me, making what would've been a small challenge, a big problem.  So, I homeschooled him for the academics.  We have a large church, cell group, lots of friends, etc. so there's no fear of him being an introvert or socially backward whatsoever.

He is caught up academically I believe and think that in an even decent school, he'll succeed.  There is a ministry I see God has for him when the time is right and I believe public school setting will only facilitate his developement in that as well as social/academic.

Hannah is also very social, and her academics are great.  However, it's her lack of resolve to be her own person or be more secure in moral conviction Yet, that makes homeschooling a better choice for her. 

I don't know that I can explain it well enough and still emphasize that while I believe homeschooling is amazing, I also know people can excel further in the right public school setting rather than the wrong homeschooling enviroment.  There are just too many variables to nail down anyone else to one opinion other than for the little mumchkins God has put in my care. ☺

That being said, nothing is set in stone yet and living for God is often a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pantaloons journey.  We don't have a house so who knows, there may be another year of h.s. for the both of them.

MsJennJenn

Growing up in a home where my mother is a public school teacher so I have lots of opinions on that. lol...

Just ate Five Guys & Fries....oh man I'm stuffed!

-Alexander Den Heijer-