Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

My mom is back in the hospital. Getting old isn't for sissies.

Lynx

Mini cheddar meatloaves? Sounds great!

Recipe? Please? Also what do you use for the mini part? Do you use muffin tins?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on January 19, 2022, 12:12:56 AMMini cheddar meatloaves? Sounds great!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15715/mini-meatloaves/

That's the recipe I use. I LOVE it. I don't like regular meatloaf at all (due to the onions and ketchup taste) and this I could eat for days. My husband takes the leftovers (I usually double the recipe.) and slices them up, puts them in a cooking pan to crisp them up some more, and makes a sandwich. I haven't done that yet, but I might try it sometime.  Don't get me wrong - the mixing of the main pieces is kinda gross looking/feeling, but the taste is so worth it. ETA: For the mini part, you just shape them like little footballs, haha.

@Work. Contractor in the area hit a main water line so we are out of water now. It's so frustrating..happens daily in the area.

Supposed to get snow and ice today. I really like snow but I don't like slipping and sliding down the interstate to go home, hahaha.

MelodyB

I'm off today! And tomorrow! Yay!

I do love my job, but I'm so weary of this Covid stuff.

Making spinach egg bites in the instapot right now. Prepping breakfast meals for the next few days. I do lots of high protein low carb stuff and I've found that food prep keeps me on the wagon.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Taking Chey and myself for a Covid test at 1. Two kids in her class tested positive, and she's developed the cough, slight fever, headache- basically every symptom. Boss sent me home, along with another coworker because we have some symptoms too.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on January 19, 2022, 05:41:56 AMLord, have mercy on everybody.
Lord help me to have mercy on all the people who are getting on my last nerve. I don't think they deserve it, but I also don't want to wind up on Bobby's client list.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on January 19, 2022, 03:28:44 PM
Quote from: Lynx on January 19, 2022, 12:12:56 AMMini cheddar meatloaves? Sounds great!

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/15715/mini-meatloaves/

That's the recipe I use. I LOVE it. I don't like regular meatloaf at all (due to the onions and ketchup taste) and this I could eat for days. My husband takes the leftovers (I usually double the recipe.) and slices them up, puts them in a cooking pan to crisp them up some more, and makes a sandwich. I haven't done that yet, but I might try it sometime.  Don't get me wrong - the mixing of the main pieces is kinda gross looking/feeling, but the taste is so worth it. ETA: For the mini part, you just shape them like little footballs, haha.
I read the user comments below the recipe, because I am a nerd and I do that.

It was kind of amusing, because everybody loved the recipe but everybody changed something about it. And a lot of the changes were mutually exclusive. If they all got together to try to agree on a perfect recipe there would be squabbles and chaos.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

My coworker shared the recipe with me (knowing how picky I am) which made me try it, haha. We make it almost weekly.

Roscoe

Well, crud. All three of us are positive- me, chey and Lou. So we are in until Monday. Thankful for full freezers, fast internet and a big screen. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Roscoe's got cooties!! Roscoe's got cooties!!

I made some AMAZING keto zuppa Toscana soup tonight. And Justin almost made me hurt him.

HE sent me the recipe a few weeks ago. Said he wanted it. He has been dropping hints and saying how much he likes it for the past weeks...so I was off today, so I made it...I actually followed the recipe. I usually modify recipes but this one looked like it would be perfect and it was. So he comes home after working late, I was at church, and he texts me during service and asked why did I put mushrooms in it!? Ummm it's cause the recipe that YOU sent me and said you wanted called for mushrooms! Didn't you read the recipe?!

No he didn't. And he waited till I got home from church to even try it. But then he liked it so much he ate two big bowls. Yeah. Told ya!

I'm glad he didn't read the recipe though. He hates cauliflower, and the recipe calls for it instead of potatoes. Haha! I used cauliflower rice. He probably wouldn't have even tried that if he knew. But hey! I was following the recipe HE wanted so badly! He should read it before requesting it. 

Lynx

With a name like Zuppa Toscana, yeah it would have cauliflower. Probably shredded zucchini too.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

No zucchini in this recipe. But it was amazing.

Basically it was ground sausage, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, riced cauliflower, chicken broth, seasonings, spinach, butter, cheese, bacon, and heavy cream.

I think that was it. I have about a half of a pot left. And I'm thinking we need a rotisserie chicken in the crock pot for tonight.

Roscoe

Hmm. That sounds good. I got a hankering last night for beef stew. So with some left over ribeye steak, a bit more stew meat, some veggies and some thick brown gravy, the crockpot did its magic overnight. It's yummy.
Ironically, I'm quarantined and feel better than I have in weeks. It is very cold here though. I think highs are forecast to be in the 30s for the next couple days. I'm ready for summer.

MelodyB

That's a big nope from me. I'm enjoying the cold. Lol

Chicken turned out great and now I just need to fold my clothes and settle
In for the night.

Back to work to swab all of Chattanooga tomorrow. :roll:

Nelle

I just need a few days in the 50s so I can wash my car, haha. By the time I get off work in the evening, it's too cold to wash a vehicle without getting frozen doors.

@Work. Had to go get bloodwork this morning. Really hoping my iron is steady, and I'd LOVE my WBC count to be normal, but I highly doubt it is considering I've still got sinus issues and all.

Stopped and got an iced caramel latte. I definitely needed the energy boost LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

My mom is still in the hospital. Liver enzymes are high and they want them to start going down. Some of the meds THEY gave her caused the problem. I hope she can go home soon, she's tired Of being there.

Roscoe

Again. Not a fan of cold!!!!

On the bright side, I've gotten my W2 and some other tax statements in. Email is a wonderful invention. With Lou's job changes and some other tax status changes I was very worried I was gonna wind up owing. Unless the two small forms I'm waiting on majorly changes everything, which is doubtful, I'm good.  Still won't be cruising the US for a month in the bus like I'd like to, but at least we can probably pull away a few days and a couple states away on holiday weekends. (Lou won't have any vacation until October). Maybe I can persuade her a trip to florida for Christmas is a good idea...LOL

Roscoe

Well, ya'll spoiled me by numerous postings over the last week. Don't stop now!
I've done noting this weekend. Been glorious.
 On a not so good note, another elderly member of my church was just hospitalized with Covid. She's one of the ones I've been concerned of- numerous health issues, overweight, and to my knowledge, did NOT get the vaccine. Praying for God to step in. She was transported to the hospital due to falling out, and had an 02 level of 55 when she got to the hospital. She's on oxygen now and they've got the numbers back in the 90s, but lord.

Backseat Radio

Nothing too exciting happening in Indiana other than the weather suggesting 2-5 inches of snow for tomorrow

The Purple Fuzzy

Finally got mama home from the hospital.

MelodyB

It's cold.

Justin and I went to a wedding reception tonight and it was great! The couple got married in December and had a private ceremony and just had the reception tonight.

Church tomorrow and our connect group lunch after church. I love my church!

Lynx

I caught a cold Tuesday. By Thursday I was wondering if it was more than a cold. Saturday I had a fever and wanted to be in a very warm place all the time. And now it's all cleared up.

If this is covid, it doesn't even hit as hard as strep throat. At least not for me.

I just wish people had kept wearing masks. I went a year and a half without so much as a sniffle. Then vaccinated people stopped wearing masks and I've had two cold-ish illnesses in three months. I'm SO not a fan of people around me not wearing masks.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Backseat Radio

Apparently some churches around here are afraid of 3-4 inches of snow. Several churches in the area canceled service including the one my parents attend now. We're expecting more snow tomorrow.