News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Excuse me? You could have told me you were gonna be in town...I would have met you for a meal. Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

It was worth a try, Fuzz.  :smirk2:
Nelle, no one used any funny filters.  And Mel, I think now I remember vaguely you mentioning Justin in the past. Just suffered brain fade.
I'm probably going to bed early tonight. Try to actually sleep instead of toss and turn.
Hi Jenn. Your dude is not what I would have imagined. He looks a bit older than I thought he would. Not that it's a bad thing. Old is cool. Beats the heck outta the alternative. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: MelodyB on February 02, 2022, 12:00:31 AMExcuse me? You could have told me you were gonna be in town...I would have met you for a meal. Lol
I did mention I was going to raid the Chattanooga McKay's.

And I would have been no fun at all. I THOUGHT I was fully recovered from the previous week's cold. Apparently it was just shifting gears. I almost killed myself plowing through CDs at McKay's. I never, ever, ever want to be that desperately tired again. I wanted to keep going because I had already made the four hour drive and did not want to waste it, but I should have called it quits long before I did.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MelodyB on February 01, 2022, 09:49:45 PMMy apologies. I have known Justin for so long and he's always been a huge part of my life that I just took for granted that everyone knew who he was. I used to talk about him quite a bit in the past years when I was posting. Ruby, Chel, Seth, Tia, Brannon and all the Domers got to meet him in person.

I was trying to figure out who Justin was too.  GP Dome was so long ago I barely remember it.

MelodyB

Issac. I missed that memo. I knew you wanted to go, but not that you had an active plan of going.

Question: I saw a video recently of someone explaining they were from the UP or upper peninsula of somewhere...and that's how they started calling the people of that that area Yoopers. I had a flashback. Whose name on here was Yooper? Was it Thomas? I can't seem to remember his SN either.

The Purple Fuzzy

They made a Chick-fil-a in town recently. I love having that option close. Especially for breakfast.

MelodyB

I meal prepped today. Made egg bites for my breakfasts. I blended eggs, cream cheese, spinach, garlic and a tomato in the Ninja and then cooked them in the egg bite mold in the instapot. I'll store them in the fridge and heat them and have a side of cottage cheese with them before work in the mornings.

I eat cottage cheese with everything nowadays.

Gonna have egg boil for lunch. It's just boiled eggs with melted butter and Cajun seasoning on it. Sooo good! Like the eggs you get in the seafood boil.

Again, don't know what I'm gonna fix for dinner...if anything. We have church so I may just call for a fend for yourself dinner. Lol

Or maybe I'll call my friend Kelia and see if she wants to go out before church.

Nelle

@Work, for now.

Raining for a while but it's supposed to get below freezing around 4pm. Hoping I'll have payroll all done before then so I can head home safely. Planning on not coming in tomorrow unless things go much better weather-wise and the roads get cleared.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on February 02, 2022, 12:54:52 AMHi Jenn. Your dude is not what I would have imagined. He looks a bit older than I thought he would. Not that it's a bad thing. Old is cool. Beats the heck outta the alternative. :lol:

LOL well he's only 37. I'm 36. Not such a youngin as I was back in the day. I've been here a long time whoa.

Quote from: MelodyB on February 02, 2022, 04:30:27 PMI eat cottage cheese with everything nowadays.

Cottage cheese is an amazing source of protein. We grew up eating it, so I still occasionally eat it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I hate cottage cheese. Period. It be NASTY.
Temp has dropped from mid 50s when I left at 715 to around 38 now. Slight mist. The question here is when the mess will get to us. I'm in a quandary- I don't wanna cancel church, but I don't want to risk anyone either. IF I cancel, I look like a fraidy cat and we get nothing. IF I don't, I run the risk of my people being caught out when the temp falls...:pound:
I'm consoling myself with ribs, and I cheated by getting a strawberry cream cheese danish.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Mm... Cottage cheese. The larger the curd, the better.

Do your people view you this way, or is it the rest of the population that does? I always worry that I'll have a situation where an elderly saint will fall and die (or nearly) of exposure outside because no one saw them fall. I don't know the weather there, so I think.. make whatever decision you feel safest about with what information you have. I don't know if most everyone can watch something online or not for your church, but if so - maybe do a devotional video online? I hope no one gives you grief, and I know it's enormous pressure a pastor has to make decisions like this.

I'm overly cautious a LOT.. so much that my husband calls me the family safety officer, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

We had an elderly man slide in the ditch trying to get to Sunday school before. I'd be even more cautious at night.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on February 02, 2022, 05:52:33 PMI hate cottage cheese. Period. It be NASTY.
Temp has dropped from mid 50s when I left at 715 to around 38 now. Slight mist. The question here is when the mess will get to us. I'm in a quandary- I don't wanna cancel church, but I don't want to risk anyone either. IF I cancel, I look like a fraidy cat and we get nothing. IF I don't, I run the risk of my people being caught out when the temp falls...:pound:
I'm consoling myself with ribs, and I cheated by getting a strawberry cream cheese danish.
People are going to second guess you either way, and sometimes both ways at once, and sometimes they will invent third and fourth ways to second guess you. Our pastor has mentioned to the congregation that no matter which way he decides something like this people will complain.

Make your decision and then invest in some good quality earplugs.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

We've already shut so much stuff down here in DFW. lol

Schools are already closing for rest of week. My drs appointment got rescheduled. The groceries are insane.
I've already seen churches canceling for tonight.

It's 41 here and so far haven't seen any rain but it's supposed to start soon.
From what I see on the map it's moving more northeast then me and all I might get is rain. But rain=ice when it's supposed to drop more into the 20's by midnight. I'm just worried about the BF getting home from work.

Crazy weather :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

The winter storm is officially here.  Thankfully I got off work and made it home before it got too bad.  I don't have to work tomorrow.  Already got enough snow to make driving tricky and it's still coming down.

All of the churches that I know of in this area were smart enough to cancel service tonight.

Backseat Radio

My county is on red status now because of the snowstorm

Roscoe

Being honest, I don't know that anyone "views me that way". Probably just my insecurity. LOL. It's just that with Covid, etc, it's alot more responsibility as a leader than as a saint. See, if I feel scared of covid, or the weather, I can make a decision that affects me and my family. As a pastor, it affects everyone in my church. That might be the last service some have the opportunity to make. Sobering thought for me.
  We had a good service. I had to make myself shut up, cause I still wanted to teach/preach. Looked at the video- shew lord. I've gotta get a mirror up there. My hair, what little I had, looked like Einstein's. :pound:  Got home before the weather hit, but it is sleeting and on the way.

Roscoe

And...it's slick as snot out. Took Lou to work this morning. Now I'm back home, Netflixin' Rust Valley Restoration and intend to bake bread and potato soup.

Lynx

I have a pork tenderloin that would go well with that.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I've got a pot of pinto beans going.

MelodyB

And I got broccoli cheese soup simmering.

Looks like we are all eating good today!

It's drizzling and blah today. That's why the soup sounded like a good idea...but don't tell Justin that I used a bag of cauliflower rice in it. You can't tell, but I didn't have quite enough broccoli to make the amount I wanted so I dumped the cauliflower rice in there to stretch it out some.

It looks and smells amazing. That's one dish I never mess up and both of us can eat without complaint.

Tried to give plasma today. Got deferred cause my iron was low. That aggravates me. I take iron supplements and I've been eating a lot of spinach lately so idk what could be the deal.

Back to work tomorrow.

Backseat Radio

My neighbor guy helped me get my car busted out of the snowbank tonight.  City plows had buried my car up to 3/4 of the tire on my Chevy Cobalt.

Roscoe

:hi: Still slick here. Got another free day off. Took Lou to work, put a big beef roast in the smoker, along with some cheesy bacon cheeseburgers. Not planning to do anything more productive than eating.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm ready for Spring. Up to 27* and I don't wanna go outside.

MsJennJenn

It's up to 31 here. Suns been out most of the day so lots is melting, but still in the 20's tonight so all this melting is gonna turn to ice.

I'm tired of doing snow status updates at work for 150+ stores.
9/12/4 is too many updates on the same thing. But my boss is on schedule to fly to Africa this afternoon so I am GLAD it's all melting!! lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-