News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 01, 2023, 07:44:15 PMIt's a beautiful sunny day today. No one wants to sit at a desk on those days.

Agreed. But at least sitting at my desk at home is better. Technically I could take my laptop outside if I wanted. But then I wouldn't have my big screen lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Morning. Didn't have much time to get on the forum this weekend. Isaac- yes. The boy watched Walking Tall and was intrigued to hear it was based on a true story and the museum was within easy driving distance.
Beautiful here today. I'm about to head to court, then back to the office. Been a busy weekend.
Ministry wise, numbers were up Sunday, two new first time visitors, good potluck. Phone blew up afterwards, pretty much nonestop for a bit from various people with prayer request/issues looking for advice.
Next weekend-  Ladies conference. Wedding. Birthday party for friend/church secretary. Sunday. I *might* get Monday to myself, but at this point I'm not banking on it..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Mom text me that she missed me. Little does she know I'm about to surprise her for mother's day!!  :hypocrite:

Eek cant wait. So excited!! Just praying for an easy path with the flights. Flights are so wonky these days.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 02, 2023, 02:24:42 PMMom text me that she missed me. Little does she know I'm about to surprise her for mother's day!!  :hypocrite:

Eek cant wait. So excited!! Just praying for an easy path with the flights. Flights are so wonky these days.
What, your broom acting up?
:ugly:  I keed, I keed.... :laughhard:
 Lawd, that wisecrack will have Jenn beating me to death if she ever sees me in person. And I'd deserve it.
Out of court. Now to get through the rest of the day....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on May 02, 2023, 06:21:00 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 02, 2023, 02:24:42 PMMom text me that she missed me. Little does she know I'm about to surprise her for mother's day!!  :hypocrite:

Lawd, that wisecrack will have Jenn beating me to death if she ever sees me in person. And I'd deserve it.

*quotes said wisecrack so we can enjoy the beating Roscoe gets later*

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 02, 2023, 01:22:29 PMIsaac- yes. The boy watched Walking Tall and was intrigued to hear it was based on a true story and the museum was within easy driving distance.
Rats. I was hoping you would say it was something else. The guy died in a car wreck, but his sister moved heaven and Earth in an attempt to prove he was murdered. To this day she tries to act like that small town revolves around her.

I guess I should shut up. It's a little tourism money. Heaven knows that town could use it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

New music video idea:

All the single quarter
All the single quarter
All the single quarter
All the single quarter
All the single quarter
All the single quarter
All the single quarter
Throw your buns down
(And toast 'em!)

Back at the Mac
Looking for a snack
Double quarter's too much for me
Looking for lunch
Something to munch
A single quarter pounder with cheese
If I start to cry
When I'm  up on the fries
Don't pay it any attention
Single quarter pounder
With fries and a drink
That's the perfect meal for me

I just wish we could put onion rings on it
Yeah I wish we could put onion rings on it
I'm afraid we don't have onion rings for it
But I wish we could put onion rings on it

Please don't take
This off the menu
Any time soon
Cheeseburger is just too small
Double quarter is off the wall
Single quarter pounder's just right for me

I just wish we could put onion rings on it
But I'm afraid we don't have onion rings for it
No, no, no
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. Mild headache, probably from sinus pressure.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on May 02, 2023, 06:54:01 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 02, 2023, 06:21:00 PM

*quotes said wisecrack so we can enjoy the beating Roscoe gets later*

:ugly:

:pound:  :pound:  to both of you.
and yes my broom broke. Waiting on Hogwarts to send a new one.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

@MsJennJenn
:laughhard: :laughhard:

Well. Survived bible study. What I intended to be a short sermon turned into a three-week bible study.  *shrug*  Now- get through tomorrow and Friday; spend Friday evening smoking meat for a birthday party while the wife is at a ladies meeting; Saturday wedding and birthday part; Sunday church...lawd.... PLEASE let Monday be pretty and without anything I HAVE to do....

Lynx

Ugh. Grandma got up at 3am, determined to make some cornbread.

I was half tempted to let her try... Been forever since I've had some good cornbread. But we have no buttermilk.

Today gonna be caffeine powered. I can feel it already.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Man.  Lyn, I hate that you are dealing with this, but it's great that you are there for Grandma.
Morning all. My sinuses feel like a rake has been drug through them. Repeatedly. Got to do an intake, then
several "normal" PO visits, and run to the jail. I'm dragging....

The Purple Fuzzy

You could always use regular milk in the cornbread. Sour it with vinegar or lemon juice... but I'm sure at 3 am that wasn't really appealing.

Lynx

Don't got no lemons neither.

I just kept repeating that it was the middle of the night and go back to bed until she finally did.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Strangely enough, I don't remember Mama using buttermilk in cornbread, and I don't either. Use sweet milk. But for biscuits- now, that's a buttermilk have to...
Speaking of food, I'm starving. I left lunch at home. And by 6pm, I shall move from hungry and annoyed to full blown HANGRY. Today would not be a good day for a fellow motorist to try my on the way home...

MsJennJenn

All of that sounds like entirely too much work when great cornbread comes in a box called Jiffy. lol
And now I want a bowl of cornbread and milk.  :fork:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 04, 2023, 06:00:08 PMAll of that sounds like entirely too much work when great cornbread comes in a box called Jiffy. lol
Jiffy is NOT "great cornbread" I'm athinkin' it ain't even BAD cornbread. It has about as much in common with cornbread as a Chihuahua has with a wolf...
 :laughhard: 
Lawd, deliver us good southern men from Jiffy and "Whop" biscuits.....

MsJennJenn

I dont think any of that statement is true. lol It tastes just like cownbread.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I'm sure I've had 'from scratch' cornbread before, but Jiffy sure does just fine too, hahaha. Especially since I don't want to spend all day or half a day making things, hahaha.

@Work. I'm surviving! Root canal went perfectly fine on Monday and I even survived driving in Paducah alone. Thankful to the peeps who invented GPS.

Getting closer and closer to Jeremy visiting Arizona and me getting to spend time with my momma at my house!

The Purple Fuzzy

I like Jiffy cornbread. Now, whop biscuits, that's another story.

Roscoe

Oh lawd. Jenn- you has went around de bend.

Lou will use Jiffy for jalapeno cornbread, which means there's two things in it I don't like- jalapenos and Jiffy.
It's too sweet. Reminds me of what my mama used to make for my northern grandfather (from Upstate New York). Of course she also added a touch of self rising flour too...we always considered it, when we were talking about it, Grandpa's cornbread or Johnnycake.
 But to be honest I am not fond of cornbread in any form truthfully. Mama made a pan every night and my Dad couldn't get enough of it.  For me- nah. I like light bread- which phrase probably dates me- it's what we called store-bought white bread as a kid..
The only "whop" biscuits I'll eat is Grands, and I don't consider them biscuits as much as a place to hold a piece of ham or sausage. LOL

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 04, 2023, 06:21:28 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 04, 2023, 06:00:08 PMAll of that sounds like entirely too much work when great cornbread comes in a box called Jiffy. lol
Jiffy is NOT "great cornbread" I'm athinkin' it ain't even BAD cornbread. It has about as much in common with cornbread as a Chihuahua has with a wolf...
 :laughhard: 
Lawd, deliver us good southern men from Jiffy and "Whop" biscuits.....
Preach it brother! Preach it!

Jerry Clower even had a piece on it.

https://youtu.be/3syiTtZkfP0
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I don't like corse cornmeal. My mother in law used to make cornbread that was gritty. It was yucky.

Nelle

We don't eat much cornbread or biscuits unless the biscuits are for gravy for breakfast at church. We get the frozen Pillsbury ones for that. They're too dry to be without gravy in my opinion.

@Work. My eyes want to sleep.