News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Jenn, the older I get, the less I like the cold.

Roscoe

Morning all. TGIF.  About to go check on my wayward work chilluns and make sure they are where they are supposed to be.. which is all over at least 2 counties. Ready for my weekend. Got parts in for Chey's car and the 'vette, and about a million things to do this weekend.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I have nothing to do this weekend. No plans with anyone. Hubbs closes all weekend.

Black demon cat broke another glass this morning.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Shew. Worked a bit this morning...got the oil changed in the vette. Went to church and cleaned out the office and arranged it to my tastes. Went and got some meat and put it in the smoker.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

What kind of meat? Inquiring minds want to know.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 29, 2023, 10:57:07 AMWhat kind of meat? Inquiring minds want to know.

Well, I smoked some ribeyes. And while I was preparing, I got a call that a sister in our church had flipped her truck and she was headed to a Conway hospital with her daughter. Since Lou was in Conway, she went over to check on them. Knowing that the sister wouldn't feel up to cooking for a few days, I smoked a pork loin in Mushroom gravy and onions for Lou to carry by today.
 Went to church around 2, to finish out my thought. Did so, and prayed- God smooth came down tonight and I nearly stripped a gear for me, but the power of God was terrific in that place tonight. Around 40- 42 there, which is good since we've seen 20s and 30s recently. The bus has received much love by the folks riding it. Made me feel good to see some of my ladies that otherwise couldn't come being there and worshipping God tonight. Made it easier to preach too.
Now...tomorrow, prepare for forecasted bad weather. And take the bus to the local sign shop and explain what we want, then get an appointment for them to do it.

Lynx

Bus decals...

A local church got a medium red bus. So they doubled down on it and used flame decals. Real fire-and-brimstone preaching I guess...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@Work. I was early for once, but had to go air up my tires before work down the road at the gas station. It was freezing cold.. thought my hands were gonna bite the dust, haha. I ended up being about 15 minutes late, BUT my tires are supposedly back within normal range and I got some extra gas to fill up JUST in case. The weather is getting sketchy here. I had to cancel my dentist appointment this afternoon because it was right in the next system window. Didn't want to drive 15-20 min North, be there for the duration of my appointment, and then white knuckle the whole 45 minutes home when I can just get it rescheduled for another time. And just like that, my Monday brightened, LOL. I don't enjoy the dentist $-wise, haha.

Backseat Radio

I had my eyes checked this morning.  I'm officially into bifocals. :sadbounce:  Ordered new glasses and because they had a 55% off sale on prescription sunglasses for associates I got a pair of those too.  Once they come in I'll be all set for spending quality time outside this summer.

MsJennJenn

Lots of ice blowing thru over here. Not at my house, but the hubbs is getting it at work 30 miles north.
So much is shutting down lol. We Texans do winter real well.  :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

So do we, Jenn.  :lol:
I went and bought a camp stove just in case I find myself without power. I have propane heat back up, but realized that without power, I have no way to cook!!!
Now I have. :lol:
Filled the bus up= it's a thirsty devil at just under 9mpg. The sign shop is going to email me with a design and quote.
Then I ate lunch with my beautiful wife and am now vegging watching Motor Trend's "Car Issues" one of my favorite Youtuber-turned-Motor Trend-star shows. So envious...he bought a '92 ZR1 Corvette for $16k. It's only around a $28k car. I'm drooling.
Just cause I'm focusing on church more than ever-does not mean I've lost my love for Corvettes or cars in general. :laughhard:

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 30, 2023, 07:14:44 PMI had my eyes checked this morning.  I'm officially into bifocals. :sadbounce:  Ordered new glasses and because they had a 55% off sale on prescription sunglasses for associates I got a pair of those too.  Once they come in I'll be all set for spending quality time outside this summer.
Ah, bifocals. For men they are the magic glasses. Put them on and instantly become invisible to younger women.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on January 30, 2023, 11:10:37 PMAh, bifocals. For men they are the magic glasses. Put them on and instantly become invisible to younger women.

I got progressives so they won't have the tale tell line on them that shouts "bifocals".  As for any magic they might have for us gals, I'm already invisible to guys anyway so not much more bifocals can do for that.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 31, 2023, 01:20:39 AMI got progressives so they won't have the tale tell line on them that shouts "bifocals".  As for any magic they might have for us gals, I'm already invisible to guys anyway so not much more bifocals can do for that.
*Lynx runs off shouting, "BSR's gone progressive! BSR's gone progressive!"

Wait... Does that mean you're voting democrat, or does that mean you're saving money on car insurance?  ???
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Lynx on January 31, 2023, 11:12:10 AM*Lynx runs off shouting, "BSR's gone progressive! BSR's gone progressive!"

Wait... Does that mean you're voting democrat, or does that mean you're saving money on car insurance?  ???

:pound:

Only way I'm saving money on car insurance is if I get rid of one of my cars

Roscoe

I'm progressive too. Or at least some conservatives would think so, according to headlines. I'm lying around, doing nothing and being paid for it today. And I'm enjoying it. We got an unexpected bad weather day to stay home. Never mind that the roads are mostly clear here...we DO have more bad weather on the way. At any rate I'm enjoying being off.

MsJennJenn

Yea you might get what we're getting now. It's raining ice and snow here. Everythings white but you can hear the ice raining. It's wild. Everythings def shut down now lol... well except for CVS, we don't shut down for much of anything. World could be half on fire but CVS would be open.  :roll:  :o
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

@Work. I missed yesterday due to weather and not feeling well from the night.

Church got cancelled today due to our parking lot ice/snow not being a team player in melting. I honestly don't mind because I'm a fan of cancelled plans of almost anything.

The Elantra pickup by the salvage yard people was of course cancelled yesterday due to the weather, almost got rescheduled for today, but I opted to have it tomorrow instead. Hopefully we can keep this appointment, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's 34 according to my thermometer but it's still trying to ice on the trees and lines.

MsJennJenn

We're at 29 and still covered in ice/snow. It rained ice again this morning and is supposed to be doing it now per the radar but nothing is happening lol
We're not supposed to get above freezing until like Thursday. So not sure anything will happen until then. Just stay covered in ice.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Well, we made it to 31 degrees. They say we have ANOTHER round on the way tonight. Enjoying the day off. I have made a meatloaf and had potatoes boiling for mashed potatoes so Lou will have a nice dinner waiting when she gets home, since she didn't get the day off. She drove in, slowly and said the roads weren't real bad, just spotty. We cancelled church just to be safe with the forecasted round 3 coming in. Once more- I am ready for summer. :pound:

Backseat Radio

I'm off work the next 2 days. Plan is to take my mom to visit her mom tomorrow.

Lynx

Power just died here.

Bobby and fuzzy, you need to take your weather back. It is not welcome here.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been raining most of the week. We are a soggy mess, but that's better than ice.