News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

Went shopping for a pair of SAS shoes yesterday so I'd have tie up shoes to wear at church that don't look like tennis shoes. I'd been figuring on getting the Free Time model since that's what I was familiar with. When I told the sales lady I was looking for SAS tie up shoes, she points to the Free Time and tells me I'm too young for those.  :laughhard:
After trying on some various SAS models I ended up going with the Walk Easy in Nero color.

Roscoe

Hi. Been busy as what. Went yesterday and test drove a potential church bus purchase. If we can find an agreeable price, we will have a church bus, which may not seem like much to some, is HUGE for us and one of my long term goals.. Also, we are moving forward with a possible Celebrate Recovery ministry, which is another of my goals.
Went to church tonight, and for the first time, I stood in a pulpit without one of my heroes there or otherwise available. Sure do miss him, but he's happy and I gotta carry on.
Off tomorrow. Intend to rest up a bit.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I'm def. on the mend. Feeling much better today. Thank goodness.
We have our first region meeting this week and I have loads to do!  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Welp, I called today and made a tentative deal for the bus. Attempted to figure out why Rusty has no head lights. Went and did a bit of learning of the church's bookkeeping system. Back to work tomorrow. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

How much for the bus?

I'm curious because I'm the church bus driver. A church bus is a wonderful thing to have. A lot of times a minivan just doesn't cut it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 10, 2023, 12:12:13 PMHow much for the bus?

I'm curious because I'm the church bus driver. A church bus is a wonderful thing to have. A lot of times a minivan just doesn't cut it.
I worked a bit of a deal, I feel. '08 Ford E350 cutaway, seats driver, 8 passengers and 2 wheelchairs. Handicap lift, 123 thousand miles, V10, front and rear air and heat. I got it for $9500. Of course, we will have to spend a few hundred having it striped with the Church name, etc. It's a good start to what we want....

And lawd I is back at work. Bah.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@Work. Eating some toast w/ jelly.

I "experimented" last night with dinner using a TikTok video recipe someone made. Canned shredded chicken, queso fresco, and shredded Mexican cheese. layer it as a quesadilla in the air fryer and brush oil on the top one. 350 deg for 5 minutes. The tortillas crisped up well, but the insides were a little... canned chicken texture. I probably should've made my layers thinner so there wouldn't be so much "mush". Jeremy added fajita veggies to his, and I dunno if that texture of biting helped or not. I think tonight I may do an oven alternative or something. I dunno.. just don't want to waste the rest of the mixture. It's not my fave, but it was really quick which is good these days haha.

My MIL was supposed to have surgery on her ankle this morning, but they've pushed it off for now because the swelling in her ankle hasn't gone down enough. I was honestly surprised they were planning it so soon, but I know she's probably disappointed. Hopefully they can get her done and out in the next week.

MsJennJenn

Canned shredded chicken is so easy. But man it smells so much like my cats food  :laughhard:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Grandson just left. God knows you needed to have kids when young.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 10, 2023, 05:09:47 PMGrandson just left. God knows you needed to have kids when young.
:laughhard:  :laughhard:
I had some kind of Cabbage dish Lou made. It was ok..
Tonight, Chey has asked me to smoke a pork loin and do a gravy/onion/mushroom sauce for it.
And in further sharing- today has stalled out. :pound:

Roscoe

URGGH. Wednesday is kicking my tail. Totally dragging. I'm gonna go hide in my cave... fortunately I don't have folks scheduled today.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm trying to get going enough to function. :smirk2:

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Ribs from a local restaurant helped some. Fact of the matter is, I might just be lazy. That's a possibility I have to accept. :ugly:

Roscoe

The fact that none of my friends and brethren/sisters here rushed to assure me I am not lazy now has me self-conscious. Very unkind of you! :pound: - well, I might would :pound: you, if it didn't take so much energy.
:ugly:
And in a direct attack on my diet, my coworkers have a HAM in the oven cooking and are planning a feast. Apparently, our drug court program bought a full Christmas dinner, including a ham, for all the participants. One of the participants decided she didn't like us and ran off- leaving her Christmas meal to be picked up.  It's either cook it or it spoils, so they planning a feast. We will lift a cup of Dr. Pepper to the memory of the thoughtless probationer who is on the run, for afflicting us with this delicious dilemma

MsJennJenn

Last day of work. I hit overtime around 10am. I fully plan on sitting here doing nothing until 4pm and then clocking out. On vacation next week with the hubs. We're having a staycation. I'm so excited!!!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Finally, someone posts. LOL. I was getting a complex.....
Come on 6pm

Nelle

@Work still.

Been a day. Looks like I'm also coming in tomorrow to work on some State of IL compliance reporting instead of doing it at home since I don't have time today to get the paperwork all printed out so that I can type it into their website from home.

I really needed a weekend at home, so hopefully I don't have to spend most of my day here tomorrow.

The Purple Fuzzy

We went to see Chel today. She hasn't been feeling good.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 13, 2023, 11:18:19 PMWe went to see Chel today. She hasn't been feeling good.
Praying for her. Trying to plan my weekend- go get car for Chey,and figure out the best time next week to drive 2 and a half hours and pick up the church bus...

Backseat Radio

Went to an ALJC rally tonight for the first time in years.  Had fun locating the church building since I was driving there after dark.  Their church sign and parking lot wasn't well lit. The service itself was good other than the music volume being a bit too loud for my taste.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 14, 2023, 06:10:50 AMThe service itself was good other than the music volume being a bit too loud for my taste.
Ya never know how hard-of-hearing the sound man will be. I always bring earplugs to someone else's church. (Even yours, Bobby, but I didn't need them.)
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It shouldn't be so loud it's painful. If they're hard of hearing that's their problem. That's a pet peeve of mine.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 14, 2023, 10:56:33 AM
Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 14, 2023, 06:10:50 AMThe service itself was good other than the music volume being a bit too loud for my taste.
Ya never know how hard-of-hearing the sound man will be. I always bring earplugs to someone else's church. (Even yours, Bobby, but I didn't need them.)
Lol. It's a constant battle. Myself, I hate loud music...but about half of my church  says the music is too loud and the other half complains they can't hear.
I'm about ready to have a locked box put over the soundboard to keep folks from adjusting it.
Bro Wilson, bless his heart was bad about it. He wore hearing aids and if he couldn't hear, instead of turning them up, he'd monkey with the sound board. Lol