News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Haha that was a funny mental picture of you and the rooster Fuzzy  :lol:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Shew. Well. Been absent as we have had no internet other than the phones since Friday. Finally got service again Monday afternoon. I had to take most of the day off yesterday for that, and also went to a nursing home to visit a church member.
 Now I'm slogging along through the day, edging closer to the end of day. It's beautiful out.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I am in Pigeon Forge. It stinks.

I was looking forward to enjoying a breakfast buffet all week long. I like breakfast large and early. Well... They got the large, but they aren't too good about early. Nothing opens until 7am. I mean, like... They roll up the sidewalks and don't roll them back out until 7 in the flipping morning!

I could starve by then. >.>
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

@Work.

That was my main complaint about PF and Gatlinburg. I wanted to eat dinner and it was late... like.. 8-9. They were closing up everything. All you had to pick from was pizza.. and you'd better hurry with that, haha. I think we were there not during their bigger season tho. Hopefully they're changing some. I don't mind their 'late' breakfast. I don't want to see 7am on my vacation haha.

Drinking chocolate milk. Just ate a strawberry poptart.

The Purple Fuzzy

I am not a morning person but that sounds odd to start that late. My hubby is an early bird. That would be late to him.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 20, 2022, 01:43:01 PMI am not a morning person but that sounds odd to start that late. My hubby is an early bird. That would be late to him.
Bless you for saying this sister. The people I am meeting from my chat group have been mildly teasing me about this. Bunch of sluggards...

I'm tempted to cue up my music program, connect it to my boombox and blast them out of bed at 4:00 a.m. tomorrow. I won't do it, but I'm tempted.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Well, I'm not human before 10am nor after about 9, so me and Pigeon Forge would likely get along just fine. Next time we go there, though, I plan to be in the motorhome, so I'll have an ample supply of my own food.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

I wouldn't be up before 9 or 10 AM if I didn't have to work at 7 AM.

Backseat Radio

Learned something new last night that I didn't know about the Baptist faith, even though I've been Baptist for 4 years... Apparently some of the historical Baptist churches used to baptize in the name of Jesus Christ.

Roscoe

Good morning. Dragging exceedingly much today....

Nelle

@Work.

What a stressful day. Lots of roller-coaster riding on state projects, haha. I wish that was literal... as in sitting in an actual coaster in a theme park, but no. Instead we have subcontractors refusing to do the paperwork that's required with state projects, so now we get to replace them mid-stream. No one wants to do the work for the percentage of project the state allows - even us.. but we still do it, haha.

I need a nap. So tired of the cloudy, dreary days. I need sunshine and a little warmth - minus the storms, haha. I don't mind some rain showers, but the lightning and thunder can skip rocks.

Roscoe

:hi:
Beautiful day. Stuck at work. Sent flowers to Lou for her birthday- 39 tomorrow. Ready to go home

The Purple Fuzzy

Beautiful day here, also. There weren't many yard sales today for some reason.

Backseat Radio

I'm at the UPCI Indiana District Ladies Conference this weekend with my mother. Forgot how much I dislike loud church services, large crowds, and heavy traffic.

Lynx

Certain church sound men do seem to be half deaf...

Always take a pair of earplugs to a church you've never been to before. Cut them in half and color the ends with a sharpie marker so they won't be visible.

Or at least that's what I do.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Ear plugs don't do much for bass that you can feel through the floor

Lynx

Oh... THAT kind of loud volume. >.>

Sorry to hear that.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

I'm glad to be back home in the peace and quiet. Mom and I chose not to do the Saturday services of the conference because she wears down easy and didn't think she could do back to back 2+ hour sessions.

Roscoe

Been a long day. Got up at 5 am because a brother persuaded me I needed to, in order to meet up with him. :pound:
Did have a good time with he and his soon to be in-law. Drove the 'vette, cause it was cool to do so. About 200, to 225 miles. Got decent mpg on the way over at 75mph.. Coming back, I hit the back roads at 55 and picked up a couple more mpg.
Got in, got the yard cut before the rain hits AGAIN tomorrow, and got the remaining fender off of Sam's bed. It fought me tooth and nail- 3 grinder disc and 3 Sawzall blades plus one wore out Roscoe, but I succeeded.

Lynx

Day six of the meetup:

There were seven people here, but now there are six because one had to go home early. (Planned, not a sudden disaster.)

I am eating leftover french toast in a bowl, covered with leftover homemade chocolate pudding. I can technically call this egg soup. The french toast takes the place of crackers and there is egg in both the french toast and pudding.

We also have some chili, pork loin and various other leftovers that need to be eaten. I don't think we will cook anything today.

We have done an escape room, seen an aquarium, gone on an "Are You Smarter Than A Redneck" comedy bus tour and sat around and talked a lot. I wiped out all the good CDs at McKay's and a thrift store.

If this is what Heaven is like, count me in!
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

My new lawn mower came in just before Mom and I left for Ladies Conference. Spent yesterday evening getting it put together and getting the batteries for the mower and my weed eater charged up. Hoping the storms coming in today will be dried up by Thursday so I can go test out my new toy on grass.

Lynx

I have done something for the first time, something I have never done and never expected to do: I dropped my phone and royally (and thoroughly) shattered the screen.

After some quick research a replacement has been purchased and should be delivered to my home by Wednesday. But I'm always so sure-handed and automatically careful with fragile things... This has never happened to me before.

The shard of glass in my finger was also a nasty surprise.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Chel's mother in law, Burrito's step mom, isn't doing good. Prayers appreciated.

Roscoe

Oh man. Praying.
Back at work. We had a ton of rain last night.
And I'm about to annoy my oldest church member I fear. She is 92. She has a recliner set at the rear of the church. We installed a new light in the course of our remodel- we are replacing our 40 year old lights with 5 bulb chandeliers. But, I'm doing it one at a time as I have time. The first was coincidently in HER corner. Last night, she moved her recliner, etc. with the help of another member to the OTHER side of the church, commenting that it was "too bright".
I'd already planned and had made arrangements to go over after work tonight and hang another light. Guess where the next light is "on deck" to be replaced? The one over her new seat. LOL

Nelle

@Work again.

Remembered my bagels this morning, so I'm having cinnamon raisin bagel (toasted) w/ butter and regular cream cheese on top. It's very dessert-ish rather than morning breakfast, but it'll do! I think I still have a banana to eat from yesterday as well.

Made mini cheddar meatloaf last night. Made a double batch b/c last time they were all gone too fast and I wanted more, haha. So I'm excited that I won't have to cook supper tonight now. :) I think I'm gonna try my husband's version of leftover meatloaf this time maybe. He usually pan heats it up and then puts it on a sandwich after cutting it. It sounds interesting enough. I may have to make another side veggie since I don't think there are enough roasted green beans or carrots left. I may roast a sweet potato sliced up. That sounds yummy.

I'm eating leftover bbq (microwaveable) and diced potatoes for lunch again. It was delicious yesterday and I'm happy to eat it again today. I almost want it now...