News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I've thought about trying the meal subscriptions just to have an occasional fancy meal that I don't have to think about.  Trying to come up with creative meal ideas for 1 is hard and finding ingredients in small enough portions isn't all that easy either.

Nelle

I finally agreed to try the box because I was SO tired of being asked "What's for dinner?" It took the guesswork out, plus I really couldn't grocery shop for what I got for the price I paid and we aren't wasting food that we bought while grocery shopping and then neglected to use, haha. I don't know about doing this longterm. I'm a pickier eater due to medical issues and also personal tastes of course, and there's just only so many meals you have to choose from. We skipped this next week because I wasn't interested in eating any of the meals I could choose from, haha.

We paid about $55-56 for the first week which we only got 4 meals. That's 2 people eating four meals which is about $7 per meal per person and I couldn't eat out for that. I also don't have access to a garden or a freezer of meat, haha. So I doubt we'll do this longterm, but it's been a nice way to get a break from having to pick meals PLUS I get some new recipes to try out. I've been surprising myself with what I've liked that I didn't expect to.

@Work. Bit of a melancholy week for me. I have a birthday party to attend on Saturday for our cousin. She's turning 11! I won't be risking my life by skating, but I'll gladly eat some cake. I wish the hubs was able to go, but he doesn't want to after he gets off work.. which I begrudgingly can understand. When you pray, whisper a prayer for him. I'm not sure what's going on inside the brain of his, but I'm not the only one noticing he's withdrawn from people. He could be not feeling well (chronic back pain, shoulder, foot, etc), he could be experiencing effects of not getting the correct vitamins (won't get a blood test done), he could just be cranky, or he could be fighting God on doing what he knows he needs to be doing, or who knows.. maybe something I haven't even thought of. Either way - it's concerning me.

Roscoe

I'll be in prayer, Nelle. Sometimes one's mind is a rough place to be. I never understood or thought much about mental issues until I experienced some things myself, which really changed my perspective. I'm bad to withdraw from people even more than normal when I'm overloaded and stressed, which is rough when you are already an introvert. And when I was fighting God, everything was magnified.
Hang tight and trust God- I truly believe He is moving us towards an end time revival, and from what I'm seeing locally, I believe it will start with backsliders and people who have known Him intimately. I can't count the number of backsliders that I've spoken with recently that have things going on and they are becoming more receptive to discussing God.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Thanks.  I appreciate it. He's just not the same person anymore.

@Work, but almost done for the day. ONE HOUR! I need a nap, but I have to go after work to Aldi to get the goods for our reception this Sunday for our grandma's service to the church for 49 years. She retired from being the secretary this year and they're doing a reception to honor that time. I'm making basically a charcuterie board (very basic one) and picking up 3 dozen donuts as part of our contribution. There will be chicken salad sandwiches, cake, and some other goodies to partake as well.

If I get home in time, I think I'm gonna take a nap, haha. Since I won't be home all day tomorrow, I'll have to do some chores tonight instead of putting them off until tomorrow.

Roscoe

Running in to ask for prayers. Yesterday,during home visits, my coworker, an AME member, and I were talking, church of course. We do home visits every Friday and she is like a sister to me. We talk church every Friday. Long story short I have waited and longed for a chance to go more in depth.
Yesterday,  the conversation was such that I felt that I HAD to ask her if I could possibly teach her a Bible study on what we believe.  She shouted yes so quickly it scared me, and began sobbing saying she knew there was more to God than what she has, she wants more of God and had been praying God would show her.
Long story short, she is on the way RIGHT  now for me to teach a Bible study to her!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Good morning to any that might still check in..
Progressing through the day. Not much to report.
 Bible study went very well, she stated she really enjoyed it. Gave her a lot to think about.
Now to let God work.
Church involuntary remodel is going well. They got the new tile laid, walls painted...still some trim work to do.
And Bro Wilson and myself hung the first of 6 new chandeliers in the sanctuary before church last night. Depending on what the building fund looks like after the payment is made for the remodel, there may be some other updates too. I just wish I could afford to have our 30+ year old parking lot redone..

MsJennJenn

Why is it Monday again? :cry:
Weekends off go by too fast.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Nice day today but supposed to storm tonight.

Roscoe

Sigh. Went to bed at a good time. Took a melatonin to help me sleep. Slept about an hour and a half and at 11pm, the phone rings. Nothing would do but a trip to the office for some information on an offender. Now back at home, it's nearly 2am, raining- and I can't sleep. Bah.

Nelle

@Work again today.

Woke up with a sore throat. Not sure if I was getting it anyway, or if the coldness in the house from having the heat off caused it. It didn't get THAT cold last night, but it was chilly in the house when we got up.

Retirement service for husband's grandma went well this weekend. She was aptly honored.

Keep saying a prayer for him and me, us. Life is confusing sometimes and we all need a little extra Jesus to cope.

Roscoe

:hi:
Almost through the day. Been a long one. Had court today, so I couldn't play hooky despite getting just 3 hours sleep. Intend to snooze in the recliner this evening.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

I used to not sleep well in a recliner, Bobby, but now I drift off easily. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 06, 2022, 02:21:48 PM:hi:
I used to not sleep well in a recliner, Bobby, but now I drift off easily. ;)
It seems like some nights a recliner is the only way I can sleep. Laying in bed, I hurt. And it's not the mattress, we have an amazing memory foam mattress, It's just laying down hurts. Getting older is not all I was promised. LOL
Morning all. Back at work paperworking my fingers to the bone. Stormed again last night.

MsJennJenn

Getting older stinks lol

I'm having issues with my feet like an old lady. I'm only 36!!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Back at work, plugging along. Good service last night. Thankful for what God is doing. Thankful for the beautiful weather I see out my window

Nelle

@Work.

Sleepy.

Not feeling great. Sinus/allergies and tummy issues are cramping my style, haha. I was afraid I was losing my voice last night, but it just sounds a little hoarse today. If I'm not better by the weekend's end, I'm going to set up a doctor appointment.

Roscoe

Slept in a bit this morning. Got up, went to a car show with Chey, then up the mountain to the museum. Came home, mowed the front yard and sanded a bit on Sam's bed, and a bit on Chey's car before coming inside. Trying to get something together for tomorrow night.
Lou went with some of the church ladies to Bro Holmes for the Easter play they put on, so Chey's in her room, and the dogs and I have the living room to ourselves..

The Purple Fuzzy

Did you see hot air balloons? Someone said they were at petit Jean.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 10, 2022, 02:36:46 PMDid you see hot air balloons? Someone said they were at petit Jean.
Yes. They have become quite active in this area. One landed on Highway 9 just south of the bridge Saturday.
 Went to church, preached, back home. Work tomorrow. Edging gently towards vacation time.

Nelle

@Work.

Not feeling better (not exactly worse either), so I tried to get an appointment with my doctor. She's out for the rest of the month, so I was like... sure I'll see her nurse practitioner. When I told her my issues, the lady says "Okay, You'll need to go to the Urgent Care to get that seen about." So I'm going there after work. I doubt there's anything they can do for me, but I want to make sure it's not worse than I think already. I want to talk normal and not cough anymore! Plus this is really gonna throw my bloodwork off in June if I don't get it straightened out. My WBC really will be wonky then, haha.

Roscoe

Man, I need to be a doctor. They make tons and it seems like they are always out of the office. It's like pulling teeth to get an appointment around here.
It looks like Arkansas is on deck for bad weather all this week. They are forecasting stormy weather, rain and high likelihood of tornados through Wednesday.
Church was different last night. Good but different. Holy Ghost really came down....
And then, the Chinese attack this morning (Jerm and I have always referred to Chinese disease as attacks) Chinese disease is NOT Covid- rather "Dragon' Butt" :laughhard:
And I'm trying to do better, so no sugary energy spike. :pound:
Eating that Chicken Alfredo Lasagna dish Lou made for lunch did NOT help I am sure, with all the calories, but man was it good...

MsJennJenn

I gots nothing.

Boss is back from Africa today. So I've been swamped all day.
I go out next Thursday though for carpal tunnel surgery. Super nervous.
-Alexander Den Heijer-