News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

That's awesome, meller. And my day got a little better.  O got the call that the title to my Lincoln has finally came in so I get to go pick up my old man ride when I get off of work. I am happy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

taco_harvell

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 25, 2014, 03:36:01 PM
Sounds like a lot of work, mini.  Not sure it's worth it.  :biglaugh:

Did you know dandelions are not American native?  I think I read somewhere that it was a staple for pilgrims. That just about everyone brought some over.  I've had dandelion flowers sautéed in butter and the leaves in "spring mix" at the store. Dandelion coffee is expensive so I made my own once. Just another tea really. 

What makes one weed cultivated over another?  Just culture really.

There's some unique things I've tried I guess but plenty of things I haven't yet. I can't recall anyone I know ever talking about eating turnips. I don't think I've come across a recipe with turnips?  Lol 

Wouldn't it be funny if in 25yrs nobody sells or eats them and people spray their fields to kill them because they're a hardy weed?  Hehehe
Turnips are a Southern and European staple. They grow well, and in months when other produce wont. In Scotland they boil the roots and mash them like taters. The greens are some of the best tasting you can find.

Have you ever had Rutabagas? Those are similar to turnip roots.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

This has been one of those days that I will call a success because I did not kill anybody, no matter how strong the temptation.  So glad this work day is OVER! 

Now to go to church tonight and be around some normal people for a while.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

kmymbir

I have a headache... also need help praying that the varnish on my new floors will be dry by tomorrow.. I have to get in asap.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Chseeads

Roscoe

Made it to my Friday! Yay! And in sharing,last night I picked up the Lincoln- the one that is NOT pink (sunlight, HeatherB,ect...) :pound:
Lou's relationship with the new ride started rocky. We drove it to church last night, and Lou, not being used to the size of the doors, snatched it open and promptly beaned herself in the right eye/forehead area...nice little knot. :sadbounce:
But- before we got to town, the woman who had made all those snide comments about the "old man car" looked at me and said, " I think this will be our vacation/trip car, it is so roomy and comfortable."  :P
And while the slings and arrows of the jealous flew my way when I shared the pic of the Stinkin' Lincoln on Facebook, I shall deal with them with pride, because my pleasant, quiet, floating cruise to work this morning at 70 mph, riding on heated leather seats and nary a whisper of road noise to muffle the Hinsons made me realize that I shoulda bought one of these boats four years ago when I started driving 120 miles a day.  :P And it shows an indicated 23 mpg, even with me running around town last night for quite a bit and jumping on the interstate...I'm thinking I can get it to 24 mpg pretty easy..Ah. Yes. I am old. And I could care less.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

That's a shame about her getting knocked in the head.  Luckily, you are used to having to watch out for the bottom of the car door so it doesn't hit you in the face.  :P

And it is a lovely shade of pink, nice choice indeed.

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Work is a bit sparse for Mr. Tall these days.  Such is the lull between winter and spring.  As soon as Hannah's homeschooling year is up I'm either going to see about getting more hours at one or both of my jobs or get another job.  Now if I can just keep up with the laundry in the midst of all that.  Summer makes cooking easier as both Nathan and Andrew can grill. 

Hannah's 12 in two weeks and Andrew is 16 in three mo.  So many emotions.  I'm a pre emotional person.  I see it coming, start dealing with it and by time it gets here, I'm pretty ok. Lol

The Purple Fuzzy

I just don't understand folks that say send "positive thoughts" my way.  What good do my "positive thoughts" have for another person.  Prayer is what changes things, not positive thoughts.

/rant

Lynx

Have you ever heard of alternative medicine? Positive thoughts is the modern alternative to prayer.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I know it's good for ME if I'M thinking positive thoughts but it's not gonna help you in TN if I do.

Lynx

Eh... some think it will.  It's a new age thing.  Or it started as one, but lately it has become more of a mainstream thing.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I think "positive thoughts" is the non-believers version of "praying for you".
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Depends on what you consider positive thoughts are I guess. To me giving Texas back to Mexico is a positive thought, and sawing California off into the Pacific. Sounds very positive! :)

P.S. Sending positive thoughts to all of you! :P :laughhard:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 28, 2014, 01:40:32 AM
:pound: taco
I like that thought.  Therefore it is positive.  :D Wonderful positive thought Fuzzy.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: taco_harvell on February 28, 2014, 01:37:02 AM
Depends on what you consider positive thoughts are I guess. To me giving Texas back to Mexico is a positive thought, and sawing California off into the Pacific. Sounds very positive! :)

P.S. Sending positive thoughts to all of you! :P :laughhard:

Texas will become it's own country before that happens. There is already talk of separation. It would be interesting to say the least.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

There has been talk of separation for quite some time.  Someone gets up a "Texas needs to secede from the Union" petition after every presidential election, and again whenever the president or federal government does something unpopular.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I think we should keep Texas. I have no problem with the idea of sawing California off to drift on its own, though. Pleasant thought indeed.... :biglaugh:
And in sharing- my siatic nerve has flared up again, leaving me in a small amount of pain and unable to walk without limping.  :sadbounce:.. And I went by the revenue office and got all of the licenses renewed on all of our cars, including licensing the old man ride. Timed it perfectly, I thought- about 20 minutes before they closed, and no line. Then their computer system acted up, resulting in several calls to tech support in Little Rock. An hour later, I was out of there..at approximately twice the price of what I had expected. Fat crooks. MY tax dollars pay for the road, so why should I have to buy a license to drive on MY road?!? Jerks. I am so in an anti government, anti tax mood today. :P

Lynx

You had to pay for the tech support, of course.  We nerds don't work for FREE you know. 

And speaking of your old man ride... you got me at "nary a whisper of road noise to muffle the Hinsons..."  Anything that improves clarity of music has my approval.  :D Be safe and enjoy your musical old man ride. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

I'm glad for anyone's positive thoughts toward me.  Make a friend, make a disciple.  Poor ignorant folks don't know any better.  Testimonies are just that and preach very loud. 

I've not been to TX or California but I like steak and a lot of CA's produce.  :)

Chseeads

I can say with calm assurance, you're all weirdos.