News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Unfortunately Isaac's still a bit flighty in Sharing 490

Started by Lynx, December 21, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on December 28, 2013, 03:08:25 PM
+ Praying, Lady Mel
+ Ha! @ Isaac!
+ Bobby - Pink Miata, pink kitchen an living room!
+ Seth  :pound:

John  :waving:
:pound: :pound: It's RED!! :lol:
And Isaac. I now have a craving to visit Nashville... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

All my things are packed and moved from Henson. Granted it's mostly now in storage in the basement at work. BUT I get my key tomorrow for my apartment. So weird to think in a week I'm going to be moved somewhere completely new.

Work Christmas party this evening. I'm mostly going for the free food and to watch my coemployees make drunken idiots of themselves.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Antique store finds today: a glass topper for this miniature cake stand I have, a postcard of a lion with a caption "you're the cats meow", and a $0.59 Rumba record. Awesome!!!  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Lynx

HeatherB: I've been to Mr. K's.  I used to think it was big, until I found McKay's. 

I got about 120 CDs today.  :D :D :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Does anyone think we may need to stage an intervention in Tennessee?

Backseat Radio

Lynx

Hey that's only the Nashville McKay's.  I haven't been to the Knoxville one yet.  I decided to wait until Monday for two reasons - 1, if I stopped at both of them today I might get to Mom's by maybe midnight; 2, I can take my little brother and my niece with me to Knoxville Monday.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Ebenezer Scrooge

Every idiot who goes about with Merry Christmas on his lips should be boiled with his own pudding and buried with a stake of holly through his heart.

Backseat Radio

Rather disconcerting when the preacher reads right through ya and hits the heart of the issue,  even in a text message conversation.  :o
Just had that happen to me tonight.

Lynx

Hey Scrooge you're running out of material.  You keep recycling your lines.  Maybe hire a professional script writer?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Isaac, Lou's eyes lit up like spotlights when I told her of your recent cd buy..."What songs? Who?"  :laughhard:
And finally the painting is coming together. For what it's worth, after the first two coats, I was concerned that I'd taken a decent looking but dated wall to the realm of the unlivable. But it's covering nicely now and looks quite nice. Now is all that detail/trim work...I hate that. Some of the trim won't come off without breaking, so I must tape off and paint, which I hate. It rarely comes out looking as well finished as I would like. I will just have to take my time..
2 o'clock service today, with potluck following....:fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Church this morning was great. I now have my apartment key. Moving things start tomorrow. Making chili for my family. Dad and I are watching football. Mom is at work. I figured chili is something we could munch on all day.

Backseat Radio

Melody

My sister, her daughter and 4 yr twin boys came to church with us today. At altar call an elder lady screamed a scream and fell out close to them.  The kids thought she died.  LOL  well. I don't think they'll soon forget that service. Been 4yrs since they visited church.

MelodyB

After a sleepless night tossing and turning and worrying about how in the world we would have church knowing our pastor had died and not knowing the future of our church...we had the most incredible service!! Three (I stated 2 on FB but was corrected at lunch) got the Holy Ghost, and we just all around had an amazing service. The unity and the love shown and felt was amazing, and my cousin Randy, who was asked to preach, totally chewed us up and spit us out...in a good way.

We are moving forward. God knows why He took our Pastor, and while we hate he is gone, He had to remove him out of the way apparently to accomplish the goals He has for us. Sometimes changes HURT. But in the end we will see that He knew what He was doing, and taking our Pastor may very well be the first step to us moving forward.

It was a HARD message to hear...but we sure needed it. It was recieved well, and we had a shout down afterward. I know he sure read my mail.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

I'm awake now...1:13am...throwing up was what woke me up. Coughing till I threw up.

This stress and anxiousness is killing me. I  thankful for what I got at church today. And the fellowship with the massive amounts of family that has already arrived has been awesome. More comes in tomorrow and we have the viewing in the afternoon.

I am READY to get out of here for awhile. After the funeral on Tuesday I'll be headed to Tallahassee for a couple of weeks. Maybe more. I'm not sure yet.

I need to clear my head. These past two weeks have been so stressed that my body can't take much more. I'm liturally sick and have been every night for days now.

Anyway...I'll make it. I always do. :)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

been wide awake since 345 am. it's gonna be a long day.....

Lynx

Bro. Bobby:  Sis. Lou wouldn't believe it if I told her.  I was sorting through some of them last night and found some good modern christian, christian rock, a few good southern gospel, christian rap, black gospel, christian techno... and one Jamaican christian album.  Not americanized reggae, real Jamaican. Don't ask me how, but it's actually good.

And I'm not halfway through sorting out the box I got from the Nashville McKay's yet - and we're going to the Knoxville McKay's today. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Sounds just like Jesus, Mel!  So glad to hear it. 

Not sure what things I want to tackle today.  My sis is gone and everything needs a deep clean, plus the church, and weekend laundry.  Lol

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 30, 2013, 11:00:02 AM
and one Jamaican christian album.  Not americanized reggae, real Jamaican. Don't ask me how, but it's actually good.

That sounds good.

Quote from: HeatherB on December 30, 2013, 10:46:06 AM
been wide awake since 345 am. it's gonna be a long day.....

Yea I was awake around 4:30ish as well. Took forever to fall back asleep. Ugh. Then I couldn't get up when my alarms started going off.

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 30, 2013, 01:47:10 PM
Not sure what things I want to tackle today.  My sis is gone and everything needs a deep clean, plus the church, and weekend laundry.  Lol

I have to clean, and finish laundry too. Plus make sugar cookies in the shapes of stars and put 2014 on them. Start decorating for my New Year's Eve party. Excited!

* MsJennJenn :hug: for melbs!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

That sounds so fun Jenn!  We're going to a NY eve party too. Not sure what I'll bring. I've been wanting to try a new chicken wing recipe but might just stick with my old one.

Which sounds better?  Brown sugar chicken wings with red pepper cream dipping sauce OR jalapeƱo lime chicken wings with ranch dipping sauce?  A big ole bag of chicken wings is a cheap way for me to make a lot of something.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-