News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

POTY Nomination Speech/Campaign Ad..*taco*taco*taco*

Started by Roscoe, November 18, 2013, 11:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Being as how that Taco has selected me as his campaign manager, at such an enticing rate (he promised not to drive over and kill me if I would serve), I felt I must needs engage in a little campaigning for him. Thus- here goes.

Ladies and Gentlemen, as you know, I am the current Reigning POTY  :hypocrite:. As such,  I am aware of the fact that the needs and responsibilities of this job are ever present, and require a strong hand. This, my friend, is no job for a delicate lady- it involves the very nuts and bolts, if you will , of the site. Delicate ladies, such as Lady Jenn and Lady Heather simply should not be required to worry about trivial matters and should be able to have GP as a place of respite, not labor. :nono:
When it comes to strong hands- Candidate Taco has some of the largest hands ever found on a man, and it has been told that he once broke a bowling ball with a single squeeze.  :o Surely, Samson would be envious of the Candidate's strength.
The job involves ensuring the members are taken care of- again Candidate Taco stands head and shoulders above the competition. Due to his constant work in the chicken/food service business, I think it is safe to say that he is more capable than any other candidate to provide the proverbial "chicken in every pot". And Meller, that is IN every pot, not Chicken AND pot.
Lastly, is there a person among us that truely dislikes Mexican food?!? (Not counting me. It don't like me, I am innocent in that matter).
I implore you to look past the opposition pretty speeches and slick ways and find the one candidate that is legal and above board, not doing whatever might be easy. That shows INTEGRITY. Which Candidate  Taco has in spades.. VOTE TACO IN THE PRIMARY!  "A CHICKEN IN EVERY POT- AS LONG AS SETH DOESN'T CATCH ME"
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

#1 I'm fairly certain delicate has never been said in describing me. This is where you can tell Roscoe has no idea who he is speaking of/dealing with.

#2 I'm fairly sure Roscoe is going to any means to make sure Taco is elected. Not limited too but including trying to run the ladies in the election off the road with an army of Miata's!!! Dueling Miata's tried to run me off the road today. I cannot help to think that our resident Miata Man has something to do with this....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on November 19, 2013, 12:26:11 AM
#1 I'm fairly certain delicate has never been said in describing me. This is where you can tell Roscoe has no idea who he is speaking of/dealing with.

#2 I'm fairly sure Roscoe is going to any means to make sure Taco is elected. Not limited too but including trying to run the ladies in the election off the road with an army of Miata's!!! Dueling Miata's tried to run me off the road today. I cannot help to think that our resident Miata Man has something to do with this....
Ladies are, by nature "delicate". :hypocrite:
And I admit nothing vis-a-vis Miatas.... :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 19, 2013, 01:22:34 AM
Here's delicate for you :pound:

;)
OW! Ya old bat! Why ya pounding me for?!? I said "ladies" not you.... :couch:

:ugly:
:P

MsJennJenn

I'm not delicate either.
Nor does anything a man who even owns a miata could "threaten" me.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

You're saying Fuzzy is not a lady?  Ooooh... I think I'll carefully stay out of the crossfire on this one. 

And Bobby, how dare you imply I was not legal and above-board?  YOU are the one who tried to :pound: ME on the phone, only to find to your dismay that it wouldn't work.

And speaking of which...   :pound: :pound: Bobby :pound: :pound:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 19, 2013, 01:45:12 AM
You're saying Fuzzy is not a lady?  Ooooh... I think I'll carefully stay out of the crossfire on this one. 

And Bobby, how dare you imply I was not legal and above-board?  YOU are the one who tried to :pound: ME on the phone, only to find to your dismay that it wouldn't work.

And speaking of which...   :pound: :pound: Bobby :pound: :pound:
I was just trying to rile up Ratz Nest, to no avail, apparently. She knows I think of her as royalty... a royal pain... :lol:
And you shouldn't hit a sick man like that, you brute.

taco_harvell

Ummmmm.... Maybe it's time to leave the speeches to me and you just stockpile some... ummm... well... vote motivators.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 19, 2013, 02:19:40 AM
Ummmmm.... Maybe it's time to leave the speeches to me and you just stockpile some... ummm... well... vote motivators.
Yeah, that whole speech thing started well....but I must admit the comments took me down a path I wasn't expecting. :laughhard:

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Roscoe on November 19, 2013, 02:32:33 AM
Quote from: taco_harvell on November 19, 2013, 02:19:40 AM
Yeah, that whole speech thing started well....but I must admit the comments took me down a path I wasn't expecting. :laughhard:
Quote from: HeatherB on November 19, 2013, 04:08:45 AM
That lastest long...lol  :cool:
Wait- did I just get FIRED?!?  :pound: :pound:

* Attention candidates-Apparently my former employer failed to appreciate all that I bring to the table in a campaign. Therefore, it appears I might be available to manage YOUR campaign. Leave the campaigning to a PROVEN professional!! *
** Inquire by pm for extremely competitive rates** :P

So there, Chicken boy.:ugly:

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

See strong independent women like Heather and I don't need campaign managers.
We have the voice, the strength and the power to run the race without needing help.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Scott

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 19, 2013, 01:43:17 PM
See strong independent women like Heather and I don't need campaign managers.
We have the voice, the strength and the power to run the race without needing help.

That's it!!! Those two are my nominations!!!!

:disco: :disco: Vote for Heather and/or Jenn Jenn!!!!!!!!!  :disco: :disco:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

The Purple Fuzzy

Uh oh, you spelled Jenn wrong, she's going to holler...

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

He's the boss and I want his vote.
So he gets a pass.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

BTW, Taco's campaign manager has went missing. 

I smell a scandal!  NEWSMAN!

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Scott

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Quote from: mini on November 19, 2013, 04:10:30 PM
BTW, Taco's campaign manager has went missing. 

I smell a scandal!  NEWSMAN!

He is too busy in his new truck.

The Never Ending Battle

mini

If Roscoe's stump speech for Taco begins "Being of sound mind and round body..." run fer da hills.