News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:pound: Get out from behind that couch and get to work, woman! You should be cooking or cleaning! :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Im sick, but Ive done two loads of laundry and I have crock pot potato soup cooking. (Thanks again Sarba!) I need to go unload and reload the dishwasher, make some tea, and then sit in the living room for a bit cause when the washer and dryer are running here in my room I cant breathe. Especially when Im already sick.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on November 12, 2013, 05:08:02 PM
  :pound: Get out from behind that couch and get to work, woman! You should be cooking or cleaning! :P
:eyebrow: You are in trouble now. :up2:

taco_harvell

Would appreciate prayers tonight at 7 pm est. Please just pray God's will for me and my wife. Thanks in advance!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

So I'm at around 24 hours of the stomach bug now. Now instead of around 10 minutes of keeping food inside I'm going at around an hour. Roasting. Freezing. Roasting. Freezing. Headache. Dizziness.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Is that related to your rabies shot?  Is your immune system weaker since you had your, was it your gallbladder out?

Heather

it's stomach bug. it was too long after the vaccine to cause a reaction. much less the fact most of my symptoms are not linked to reaction symptoms.

Roscoe

Morning, all. :hi: Man, it is cold out this morning. 20 degrees, according to the ham radio repeater. And for what it's worth, I am in mucho pain today. Guess I pulled a muscle in my back again. :cry: Lord, I sound and feel like Seth- all broken up and falling apart. Someone needs to remind my body that I am  37 not 73.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

It was chilly this morning.  30* on my way to work.

Melody

Coffee with eggnog creamer. I am blessed.

I've been slightly looking fwd to lightly complaining about the cold, just to be silly toward all the summer heat whiners.  Lol. But honestly, it isn't that gratifying. While it is stupid cold, for the most part I'm inside and warm and it's Nathan working outside. He wore his thermal jeans the other day. So I may or may not keep whining about the cold. I am however looking for a deal on some mukluks though so if anyone sees a sale, please tell me!  :D

MsJennJenn

If anyone knows what mukluks even are....lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm pretty sure they don't have them in Texas. ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 13, 2013, 03:30:27 PM
I'm pretty sure they don't have them in Texas. ;)
Or in Arkansas, but judging by that temp this morning, I might buy the first pair to ever be imported this year..:sadbounce:

MsJennJenn

I am still in the unknown category of what they even are! Is it a shoe? A coat?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

They can be cuter... Though fashion is not priority when frostbite is a real threat.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mukluks&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=85SDUsHbBOO92gXetID4Dw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAA&biw=480&bih=212#facrc=_

Inuits?  LOL. Lots of folks wear them. They are a super warm boot with fur on it. Not just a furry fashion boot but majorly insulated. They are way too hot for any temp over 25ish degrees. Originally, they are northern/Canadian Indian thing made from reindeer or moose skin/fur. The farther north you get the more you see them.  I haven't seen them around here at all but it's not really cold here consistently.  The coat selection is terrible and overpriced.

From what I've always known, Missouri is considered part of "the south" culturally.  Hahaha!  It is a funny mix though.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I have something viral going on. I'm on bedrest and gatorade for the next 2 days per doctors orders. Of course I get home and my bathroom door is jammed shut and Brandon doesn't get home til after 7. So I guess I'll have to drive to the gas station if I need to use the facilities... That I guess was a good thing about housesitting for the past week and half. Didn't have to worry about everything here that is falling apart.

Lynx

Do they make mukluks with a zero drop ratio sole? I might need some. My minivan is in the shop and I rode my bike to work. I should be fine as soon as my toes thaw out and I can feel them again...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

I have no idea, Isaac. Lol. The best ones feel like moccasins so maybe?

MelodyB

Im still sick...add more coughing and a sore throat to what I already had. UGH.

Prayer tonight. And Im hungry, but dont know what I want that we have available.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MelodyB on November 09, 2013, 11:37:41 PM
SisMom makes the BESTTTTTTT brine turkey. Holy Cow. I have the recipe somewhere. Its amazing!

what ever happened to SisMom?  Not seen her or BroDad lately on here.

Heather

So Gatorade and saltines I can handle. Plain mashed potatos were a no go last night. Or maybe it should say go go. lol. Just tried some plain greek yogurt. We'll see how it goes. Regardless I'm going back to work tomorrow. My paycheck is going to be terrible. I guess it's a good thing I haven't really been too much of an expense the last few days.

Hopefully feel alot better to be to go pick up my wedding dress Saturday.