News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

The water pump did not defeat us! However the car now refuses to go back in time....[meaning she ain't runnin right for non-mechanical types]. So she is currently parked in the back corner of the parking lot at work. We can't afford a mechanic bill. Brandon is gonna talk to a guy at work and see if he can help [Steven can fix ANYTHING....of course we will be testing this...] But now between car parts for everyones cars we are broke. Brandon did manage to get some money off his dad for groceries so we can make it til around tuesday of next week. B gets paid on Friday so we just have to hold on til then.

In all the frustration though with everything we were both on edge yesterday. I couldn't stop crying. We got home. Brandon went into the other room and came out with cry face. I asked him what was going on and he said it was the first time he's sincerily prayed in 10 years. We'll make it. It's just getting there [literally in my cars case. lol] that's the problem....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

It's rainy and chilly today.

I'm ready to go home.

Lynx

It's rainy and chilly here too.

I'm ready to go to bed.  Alas there is still practice to attend at 6pm.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Lol. The Friday nights of church folk.

It's COLD and dreary here and the landlord and then plumber have been here off and on all day.  We have the missions conference to finish up for this weekend and we have praise team practice tonight also with Andrew having youth choir practice.

And well. It feels good being 34. I think it might be a good year.  (:

The Purple Fuzzy

Happy birthday, MY! :)

You are only 2 years older than Ben.

Roscoe

Happy birthday, Herbgirl.  :hippy: You just a pup...37 is whipping my tail.  :P
Have done nothing remotly productive today. Played on the radio and talked to another tiny West African country, as well as to a nice chap in Belfast, Northern Ireland for around five minutes...Rest of the day I've laid around and read books. Been pleasant. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Just watched an interview of John Grisham saying everyone's racist.  And that he basically has a hard time not being racist.  Good grief, will people ever stop being stupid? 

Heather

Mom invited us to dinner last night. Beef tips, baked potatos, and red velvet cake. She also sprung a weeks worth of groceries on us and a gift card to the local grocery store. Also [against my dads wishes] we are replacing a leaking gasket on his spare car and mom is letting me borrow it until we get my car up and running or figure out what we are going to do with it. The only stipulation is I can't bring it up our driveway. lol. It's a lower riding Saturn coupe and mom doesn't think it's a match for the ruts in our driveway.

MelodyB

A small hike up the driveway is better than walking everywhere else.

Kiras first birthday party was great! I posted some pics on FB.

Allan and I might go to Mobile this evening. Not sure yet. He is still doing his things around the house he has to do, and when he gets done, he said he would call me and we would decide where and what we were gonna do tonight.

Roscoe

Being Lazy. Took Rusty to town for the first time in nearly three weeks. Done some grocery shopping, and picked up a small ham for us to eat Thursday. Boiling tators to make mashed tators with, then I'm cooking /broiling some minute steak and mushroom gravy for dinner, along with some canned corn. May make a box pineapple upside down cake too. Dreading tomorrow...It'll be the fourth anniversary of my Daddy's death, and it usually gobsmacks me. Oh well, death IS a part of life.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

So I have substitute wheels. It's so weird though. I'm used to getting in and out of an SUV and that little Saturn feels like I'm scooting my hind quarters on the road. I have more problems getting out of it than in it. lol. But like Mel said, it's better than walking. Especially considering it's a 15-20 minute car ride to anything much less walking from my house.

Made chili. The beef mom got us had to be used by today. [I know it can be frozen but it never tastes as good. I know I'm weird.]

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Bad day.... Bad night.... Looking forward to church I need it! 
Also, looking forward to the day I can look forward to sleep again.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Did we ever figure out how many turkeys we can brine?

For all you shoppers out there who are crazy enough to venture forth into the Black Friday feeding frenzy, here's a way to train for the big day.
www.gocomics.com/foxtrot/2013/11/24
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 24, 2013, 12:48:55 AM
I have chili simmering right now. :)

Great minds think alike!  :cool:

Debating what church I want to go to this am. I've been thinking of going to visit my friends at Bethel [including RJ's dad].....

Roscoe

Lands it is cold here. And they are yakking about "winter weather"- aka Sleet and ice starting tonight. Not cool. Well, actually cooler than I'd like, but not "cool"... :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Us too, Bobby. We are under a winter weather advisory. They are talking sleet & ice. We will see.

Heather

We are just cold. About 30 miles up the road through they got snow last night.

Ended up going and visiting my friends the Moore's up in Damascus Va. I love that town. If only it wasn't in Virginia....

MelodyB

I had a great nights sleep and I feel physically better too. Had good church and now headed fishin.

Wish us luck!

Melody

People are saying up here that if it's going to be 14* then we might as well get some snow out of it. Lol but it's ridiculously dry. Can't keep static cling out of anything. I wonder how much that contributes to sickness up here?  We have to drink more water than ever or people get dehydrated.  I'm snuggled in for the night.

Be safe on the roads, guys.