News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now Mel is down- who's next to find a mate? Let's speculate in sharing 488

Started by Roscoe, October 07, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on October 18, 2013, 04:27:06 PM
Temp here is 53.  Looking forward to having this weekend off.  Not often retail schedules weekends off.  Also looking forward to services on Sunday.  We'll be finishing the series on the Gospel in the teen class.  Once we're done with this class, the teens will have all the info they need to know to make their decision about being baptized.
Then you're one of their good employees.  The lazy ones they schedule for weekdays.  The good ones they make sure to schedule on weekends.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

back at work today. volunteered to cover another girls shift tomorrow that way my paycheck isn't too sad on Monday. it looks like it's gonna be a good weekend though. corn maze tomorrow evening with the church. I'm running my first 5K Sunday afternoon. Brandon requested Monday off and we are going to try cake for the wedding cupcakes.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Well. I hauled the tires in Rusty off, and discovered that the morons have the gate locked to the electronic bins....have to wait until tuesday to haul the tvs and moniters off. Went and grocery shopped, getting fixings for apple stuffed porkchops...my lord groceries, especially meat, is high.
And while I was unloading Rusty, I received a call from an unfamiliar number. Not being able to answer right then, I called back.
Remember the intoxicated, backslidden lad from Wednesday night? The one that I have called several of my friends-didn't forget you Isaac, but you were working and didn't wanna bother you- and requested prayer specifically for? The one that has been on my heart every since that service because I saw myself in him? That one. He was calling. Crying, to tell me that God was working. He'd came to church after he and his longtime girlfriend who he has two kids with had fought and she kicked him out...He tells me that when he got home, not only had she changed her mind and wanted him to stay, she has agreed to come to church with him Sunday. He told me she knows nothing about pentecost, but they would be there sunday with their kids...
He thanked me, and repeated several times that he didn't understand what was going on...I told him he didn't have too, just run to God and watch things get fixed. I shared my testimony with him, and encouraged him to call me anytime. I was amazed that he called me- and overjoyed. I would've staked the farm that he would never call.  I am so excited about what God is doing... This young man and his family are ours, I am claiming them....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bobby: I was just picking last time. I don't feel left out.

If she doesn't know anything about Pentecost, try not to scare her too badly... ;)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

I heard HeatherB found a shortcut on her 5k race route.  It leads right by a donut shop.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

I heard Roscoe was entertaining offers for a Ford pickup for Rusty.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on October 18, 2013, 09:01:52 PM
I heard Roscoe was entertaining offers for a Ford pickup for Rusty.
:pound: No entertaining to it....I turned dude down right quick....but man, that King Ranch edition quadcab F250 would be a temptation, if ever there were one.... :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: mini on October 18, 2013, 08:56:52 PM
I heard PF was thinking of joining a BBQ dieting class.
Believe it or not, I get tired of BBQ.  Hubby is actually thinking of selling the big smoker.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 18, 2013, 09:11:45 PM
Quote from: mini on October 18, 2013, 08:56:52 PM
I heard PF was thinking of joining a BBQ dieting class.
Believe it or not, I get tired of BBQ.  Hubby is actually thinking of selling the big smoker.

GET TIRED OF BBQ?!?!? 

Lynx

He's thinking of WHAT?!!  You mean the one with the rotating trays? 

Say uh... how much would he want for it?  Just curious...
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

It is 35* right now and snow reported on the KS side.

Apparently fall is over. :/

Lynx

What?!  It was summer just last week!  I was sweating at work in the factory.  Now we have five scant days of fall and it's over?  No fair!
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

Dr. says 2-3 more weeks of recovery before returning to work. Please pray for provision and for God's will concerning my job. To be honest I am feeling a little low tonight please keep my family in prayers.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

okieoliveoyl

Lurking around to see what kind of trouble Mini has been up to.   There are days -most days- that I deny any relation to him. Lol

Taco and mrs taco - want you to know I've been praying for you.

Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Heather

Quote from: mini on October 18, 2013, 08:57:56 PM
I heard HeatherB found a shortcut on her 5k race route.  It leads right by a donut shop.

I had to read that to Brandon. His response, 'How does he know you?'  :cool:

The Purple Fuzzy

Sometimes it's hard to know the difference in being cynical and being wise.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 19, 2013, 01:39:53 PM
Sometimes it's hard to know the difference in being cynical and being wise.
:stupid: So, when everybody thinks I am cynical, I am obviously demonstrating my wisdom.. :hypocrite:

But all kidding aside- true statement. 
And in sharing I'm up, it's overcast and time for a run to the landfill...last night was awesome. We had the pastor and his wife over for dinner- big, inch and a half thick chops, stuffed with an apple dressing mixture- pretty tasty if I do say so, although the "dressing" was a little mushier than I wanted- mashed tators, corn, and an apple pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert. :fork:
Most of all was the couple of hours of company that we got to enjoy....time spent with them is unequaled!
Now- you nutcases have a good day, and post something.....

Heather

I'm home for work. For now. It was bananas in there today!!! People getting all sorts of upset having to wait 45 minutes on the 1 doctor we have working because your cat has been sick for weeks and you chose to come in on a Saturday..... :roll: Maybe you could have come in any of the other 5 DAYS we are open throughout the week and we have 2 if not 3 doctors present...... ::end rant::

Anywho I'm getting ready to get off my keister, fold laundry, eat apple sauce, go to the gym, come home and do more laundry, then head to the corn maze with peeps from church. There may or may not be a nap in there somewhere..... :cool:

taco_harvell

They said I can't work they didn't mention preaching so I will be twice tomorrow. Pray for me!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Uh... actually scientists did a calorie consumption measurement, or whatever they use to gauge how much work you are doing, and they say a preacher burns up as much calories in a sermon (if you preach it right of course) as a normal person does in an 8 hour work day.  Or something like that... don't quote me on it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

add cooking lunch and dinner into that previous post and that was my yesterday. oh and I ended up being the adult with 2 preteen girls all evening. but i wouldn't have done it any other way. also got to bond with Elizabeth and talk with her more. [she's my ex-husbands wife]. we are eerily similar and kinda quirky. we get along great once the awkwardness gets over with. Brandon had a great time and was chatting it up with some of the guys. Luckily the church has quite a few 20-30 year old couples.

Today was not the day to wake up with a headache. I think it's a combo of hanging out on a farm yesterday and the subsequent allergies. I coulda done alot to prevent it when I got home but I was exhausted. So here's to caffeine, ibuprofen, prayer, and onto church and the 5K!!  :cool: