News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Looking for a ''beta'' reader!

Started by Scott, September 28, 2013, 06:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

I need someone who is really good with English and proof reading.

I am putting together a ''devotion'' / ''sermon'' book and need someone to proof read it for me. I am about 80% done and with luck, will be done in the next week.

The book is called "Heroic Devotions'' and is a compilation of sermons, bible studies and devotions that I've done over the years. I call it ""Heroic Devotions'' because the illustrations are mostly Sci Fi and  Comic Book Related.

Why?

I conduct church services at comic book conventions.

If you are willing to do this, please be someone who is has very good English skills.

Inbox me if you are interested.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Under the assumption that "Inbox" means the same as PM, I sent you a PM.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Quote from: Scott on September 28, 2013, 06:33:29 PM
I need someone who is really good with English and proof reading.

I am putting together a ''devotion'' / ''sermon'' book and need someone to proof read it for me. I am about 80% done and with luck, will be done in the next week.

The book is called "Heroic Devotions'' and is a compilation of sermons, bible studies and devotions that I've done over the years. I call it ""Heroic Devotions'' because the illustrations are mostly Sci Fi and  Comic Book Related.

Why?

I conduct church services at comic book conventions.

If you are willing to do this, please be someone who is has very good English skills.

Inbox me if you are interested.

Do you want that proof reading done in English, or red neck?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Scott

English, which leaves Roscoe and Seth boy out.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Tsalagi

You wouldn't happen to need any comic-book style illustrations, would you?  :hypocrite:

Scott

Quote from: Tsalagi on October 14, 2013, 09:25:20 PM
You wouldn't happen to need any comic-book style illustrations, would you?  :hypocrite:

Not at this point. My son drew the cover photo for me a week ago - did  you see it on FB?  Due to the nature of the material and trying to stay within Fair Use Guidelines, I am avoiding illustrations right now.

The Never Ending Battle

Roscoe

Quote from: Scott on October 02, 2013, 02:00:41 AM
Why did I just notice this unwarranted attack?!?  :pound: :pound: :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Scott

Quote from: Roscoe on October 15, 2013, 11:40:26 AM

You back off donut boy!

The Never Ending Battle

Roscoe

Quote from: Scott on October 15, 2013, 04:21:15 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 15, 2013, 11:40:26 AM

You back off donut boy!
Back off?!? I think not. I'll deal with you later, when I have time and a full screen instead of a phone to type on. :fire:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Scott

Donut Boy - I gave you that badge and I can take it away!   I can also give you special Roscoe Only Titles such as Donut Boy!

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

I won't qualify. I thought the title was dabbling in ubonics. LOL

Roscoe

Quote from: Scott on October 16, 2013, 03:01:41 PM
Donut Boy - I gave you that badge and I can take it away!   I can also give you special Roscoe Only Titles such as Donut Boy!
You don't scare me, Incredible Sulk.  :P

Scott

Quote from: Roscoe on October 16, 2013, 04:19:57 PM
Quote from: Scott on October 16, 2013, 03:01:41 PM
You don't scare me, Incredible Sulk.  :P

Oh?

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

The Never Ending Battle

Roscoe

Quote from: Scott on October 16, 2013, 05:58:34 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 16, 2013, 05:30:11 PM
Lol

:freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2:
You sorry dog.....I see that "custom title".   :pound: :pound: Somebody needs to furlough the Homeland Security Director of Godplace- permenantly. :fire:

Scott

Quote from: Roscoe on October 16, 2013, 10:55:28 PM
Quote from: Scott on October 16, 2013, 05:58:34 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on October 16, 2013, 05:30:11 PM
Lol

:freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2:
You sorry dog.....I see that "custom title".   :pound: :pound: Somebody needs to furlough the Homeland Security Director of Godplace- permenantly. :fire:

I just wait to see what else I can do!

Hmmm

Open Roscoe's account...

Change Gender.....

The Never Ending Battle