News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

is this true?

Started by Dew-Ax-238, September 28, 2013, 04:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dew-Ax-238

Keep lake Charles in your prayers..
Someone just shot and killed a pastor mid revival service tonight, his name was Ronald Harris. Pray for my community, the family, the guilty, the associated family of the accused.. the precious children that witnessed this horrendous act.. Pray that souls won't be marred from the truth because of this.
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Heather

The world is going crazy....

Praying for your community!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Scott

is this an apostolic man? 
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Roscoe

Quote from: Scott on September 29, 2013, 05:37:36 AM
is this an apostolic man?
Yes. He HAD been UPC at one point...I've heard he was now WPF, but I don't know that. According to a preacher's fb forum I'm on, he was sitting on the platform while a visiting evangelist preached a revival meeting. A screaming woman came in, followed by the shooter.
The shooter walked to the front of the church, looked at Bro Harris, said "You!" and shot him, then stood over him, shot him again, and left the building. At some point the shooter turned himself in to police.

That's the version I'm hearing most often. Gotta be more to the story.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Scott

I spoke to a North American Missions director today. He was Apostolic, former UPCI - nothing bad about the man. Just changing organizations doesn't make you bad. I was just curious.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Roscoe

Quote from: Scott on September 29, 2013, 08:54:05 PM
I spoke to a North American Missions director today. He was Apostolic, former UPCI - nothing bad about the man. Just changing organizations doesn't make you bad. I was just curious.
No argument there.....my pastor/ church was UPCI for years, now affiliated with the WPF, with tons of fellowship with both UPCI and WPF churches. Didn't mean to come across as something wrong with that..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Scott

http://www.christianpost.com/news/la-pastor-shot-to-death-at-revival-service-would-forgive-killer-daughter-says-105558/

The daughter of a Southwest Louisiana pastor, who was shot to death during a revival service before 60 church members including his wife, says if her father had a chance to speak to his killer, he would say, "I forgive you and I love you." The shooter's motive remains a mystery.

Pastor Ronald J. Harris Sr. of Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center in Lake Charles, La., was preaching to about 60 people, including his wife and daughter, on Friday night when Woodrow Karey Jr., a former deacon at the church, shot him twice, according to the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office.

Pastor's daughter, Talisha Harris, told The Associated Press the family cannot figure out why Karey, a member of the church until four years ago, killed her father. "One question I do want to ask him is why. My dad had a big heart. He'd help anybody," she said.

The Never Ending Battle

clark thompson

The world will grow more to hate the truth and the light that Christians have. This is awful but in other places oof the world it happens far more times.
The Lord made a Way.

dnr1128

Quote from: Scott on September 30, 2013, 02:12:39 PM
http://www.christianpost.com/news/la-pastor-shot-to-death-at-revival-service-would-forgive-killer-daughter-says-105558/

The daughter of a Southwest Louisiana pastor, who was shot to death during a revival service before 60 church members including his wife, says if her father had a chance to speak to his killer, he would say, "I forgive you and I love you." The shooter's motive remains a mystery.

Pastor Ronald J. Harris Sr. of Tabernacle of Praise Worship Center in Lake Charles, La., was preaching to about 60 people, including his wife and daughter, on Friday night when Woodrow Karey Jr., a former deacon at the church, shot him twice, according to the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Office.

Pastor's daughter, Talisha Harris, told The Associated Press the family cannot figure out why Karey, a member of the church until four years ago, killed her father. "One question I do want to ask him is why. My dad had a big heart. He'd help anybody," she said.

There is a lot more to the story;  the decedent had been carrying on a long-time affair with the shooters wife and daughter, and the daughter is pregant with the pastors baby.  Two days prior to the shooting the wife had filed rape charges against the pastor. 

This is a tragic situation all the way around. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Melody

Good Lord.  What a mess.