News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

What to do?  Well there's the sink-or-swim method... leave them to their own devices and see how they get along. 

Sorry, I didn't say that, you didn't read that, carry on.  :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

My previous marriage was dating in June, proposed in December, and married in April. And we all know how that worked out.  :roll: I'm fully aware that mine and Brandon's relationship is not usual especially my 'church' standards but I will not put myself into that situation again. It makes me happy that some quick relationships work out but it's not just for me.....

We had jelly fish issues yesterday [including mom getting a bit stung on her arm] but not issues today. Everyone is cleaning up from the day on the beach and we are hitting the buffet and putt putt this evening.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Long or short engagement, it's integrity that keeps a marriage. 

SippinTea

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 12, 2013, 07:39:01 PM
What to do?  Well there's the sink-or-swim method... leave them to their own devices and see how they get along. 

Sorry, I didn't say that, you didn't read that, carry on.  :hypocrite:

That! :bigcheese:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

At some point, Mel, they're going to have to understand that you have your own life, too.

The Purple Fuzzy

I know we all help each other, but anyway... this verse came to mind.

Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.
2 Corinthians 12:14

mini

[sarcasm] Fuzzbucket, you must OBVIOUSLY be taking scripture out of context. [/sarcasm]

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Mmmpht.  Somebody got the Word!  *shakes hanky*

Newsman

Thanks for the prayers!

Congratulations, Lady Melody.

Seth, Our Lady of the Fairycakes is the last single woman to have described at least a passing fondness for you. You've seen how quickly the last two forgot about you, sooo.....

taco_harvell

Mel and Chel make me and Elona look like we had cold feet or something. lol

I have somethings I would like ya'll to pray about:

A better work environment or new jobs.

Our boss to get saved. Also,

I am having several health issues I need to see a doctor about but we can't afford to pay for a visit right now and I am really low on meds I need. Please pray for healing or provision. Thanks!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

Quote from: taco_harvell on September 12, 2013, 11:19:48 PM
Mel and Chel make me and Elona look like we had cold feet or something. lol

No kidding! And Chris and I had a much longer engagement than you two. *lol* Although...... if he'd proposed two weeks after the Oklahoma trip I likely would have married him on the spot. :bigcheese: And just THINK of all the family drama we could have avoided! Oh wait. It would have created more. *LOL*

Chseeads

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

SippinTea

*waits for Mini to come and tell his (mis)adventure.... in detail*

Lynx

That's AllAn?  Nice looking guy.  Looks like the smile is something he's used to doing. :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Those smiles rarely leave our faces these days. In fact I told Ruby that my face hurts! I'm not used to all this smiling and grinning!

mini

Quote from: SippinTea on September 13, 2013, 04:06:03 AM
*waits for Mini to come and tell his (mis)adventure.... in detail*

Well...We have had a helicopter crew (based out of Oregon no less) staying at the ol' airstrip for the past month.  Last night the pilot flew back in, and seeing how we had popup thunderstorms all in the area, we ran out to help him get the helicopter back in the hangar quickly.

Usually, I am on the nose of the aircraft, but last night, it so happened that I was handling the tail.  Now, imagine a 3 legged stool with wheels on 2 of the legs, and the third leg in your hand.  You have to keep constant downward pressure on the third leg or else it will not roll, and if you let go, the front of the helicopter will drop.  So, as we rolled in, the wheels connected with the railing the doors of the hangar rides on in a rapid BAM BAM succession, jerked the tail around and rearranged my face.

At first, I thought "Man, I bloodied my nose."  But no, cut myself from my nostril to the top of my lip in a huge C.  I must have shed a gallon of blood.

Dummy me thought "Well, this will stop bleeding in a few minutes."  I had already promised to help a friend with a car purchase, and he was waiting on me when it happened.  Of course, he started making jokes and laughing.

So, we rode over to pick up his car, and the thing bled, and bled, and bled and...well you get the picture.   On our way back, we stopped and ate, and everytime I would take a bite, I had to worry about it.  Annoying thing...LOL

Finally, on my way back, I called my wife (who was visiting my friends wife) and asked her to meet us at a junction so we could run to ER.  I just knew they were gonna put stitches in me.  And I was so very nervous.  The last time I had stitches was when I was about 4 or 5 years old.  All I remember is screaming, and the dr putting me in some kind of velcro device that held me down.

So, we get to the ER, and the nurse asks Chelleebelle: "Are you gonna take credit for punching him that hard?"  LOL  When I told them it happened when I was putting a helicopter in the hangar, you would have thought I was a rock star.  I guess it was the end of a long night, and they hadn't ever met a guy who got slapped around by a helicopter before.

When the Dr came in to start putting stitches in, I asked him "Will this mess up my modeling carer?  He laughed and said, "It will for sure hinder your next photo shoot."  I forgot to ask if I can still play the saxophone.  Not that I ever could play the saxophone before.

Let me tell you, when the DR tells you "The shot to numb you will sting a little" he is LYING.  That hurt worse than the accident.  8 stitches later, Im good as new.  Other than the fact I cannot shave for 7 days.  Ill look like grizzly adams and duck dynasty all rolled into one.

And for the record, its not nearly as funny as Roscoe getting attacked by a moth.  LOL

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Ouch...Mini, you have one upped me and the moth. I have no intention of topping that escapade. Morning. We are fixin to take Chey to school.. Then I will try to pick up Lou for her lunch, and piddle around doing God knows what. Not alot I HAVE to do today. Alot I SHOULD do, but....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

You left out the part where you cried like a baby. :cry:

:hypocrite:

MelodyB

I have quite a bit to do today.

Ive already been up and showered, got ready, went to morning prayer, took Allan to work, went to the bank, went to the store for bread and bananas, and came home and gave Pastor Dads tithes and offerings and the rent money. Now Im chillin in my room catching up on online stuffs.

Now I need to go unload and reload the dishwasher, eat another banana cause those stupid charlie horses are coming back so I need to eat more potassium, and do some laundry. I need to go ahead and wash the sheets and stuff on my bed. Its time for that again. And I have to sweep and mop today before Mom has a cow.

Tonights plan is that when I pick Allan up, we go get his check cashed, and then pick up Subway for the four of us (Dad included) and then take mom up to the hospital and eat with Dad. We havent been up there much cause dad has been busy, but tonight we are going to make it up to him.

OH! And I still need to pay the phone bill. I would go do it now, before I get started on the rest of my day, but they dont open till 10, so maybe Ill have the other stuff done before I go pay it.

Melody

The youth are going camping today. It'll be 50* tonight so I hope they pack enough bedding.  I'm making cinnamon rolls for their breakfast and picking up whatever else.

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, 50 sounds nice.  It's still getting in the mid 90s here during the day.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

It's a high of 78* today. Perfect.  However, farmers almanac expects an exceptionally brutal winter so yay for cool weather, BOO to the snow storms were supposed to get. I'm just going to enjoy today, like I have been whether it's 100 or 78. 

seems like its crazy these days but I HATE waiting for the AC to actually start making a difference in the car, that I never even use it. And it's been close to a hundred for what seems like weeks now. It's just now cooling down.