News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

We Bid a Fond Farewell to Kevin in Sharing 487

Started by mini, September 09, 2013, 09:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

I heard MellerYeller made a batch of brownies once...

*cough*

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

The ones that she made when we went to see her were not "normal" brownies, for sure.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining, it's raining! Yipee! We needed it so bad. :clap:

Melody

Lol. You sillies.

Sandra, I owe you guys another try at raw cheesecake.  I have made it before and since and only messed it up that once!  Lol. I made it last week in fact and got compliments again.  I feel so bad it didn't turn out right that time.   I owe you a dessert!  :) 

For anyone curious, this is what raw cheesecake is.
http://roostblog.com/roost/in-the-raw-meyer-lemon-vanilla-bean-cheesecake.html

Melody

*...wonders who's Mel & Allen's chaperone is...*   :P

God is good ALL the time!  I may be able to make a little extra $$ cleaning homes.  We'll see though.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Again I was right. Its was the couple talk that Pastor gives everyone. Flee fornication and dont get in situations where you can be tempted to let your flesh get out of control. All the usual stuff. Plus, we discussed our future plans with them. Time frames and wot not. How we want the wedding to be and different things. Plus practical stuff like jobs and living arrangements and what to do with my parents.

And about while they are gone next week, we are not to be in their house alone together. I am allowed to be there during the day to take care of the dog, and he takes care of the dog in the morning and evening, but Im not to be there when Allan is home. Not because they dont trust us they said, but because it IS the pastors home, and if everyone knows he is out of town, it wont look right me going in and out of the house with Allan there alone. No matter what we are doing.

It went well. Allan was relieved. He was worried a bit beforehand, but I knew pretty much what it was about, and Im glad I was right! 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Not because they dont trust us they said, but..." 

Exactly.  It's not that they think you might do something, it's that people will assume you did something.  I'm glad y'all are taking precautions against gossip.  Tongues start wagging so easily.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Oh Mel, your love story is so much fun. Thanks for letting us GPers hear about and rejoice with you over it. 

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on September 12, 2013, 05:11:17 AM
"Not because they dont trust us they said, but..." 

Exactly.  It's not that they think you might do something, it's that people will assume you did something.  I'm glad y'all are taking precautions against gossip.  Tongues start wagging so easily.
Boy, ain't that the truth... :biglaugh:
Quote from: MellowYellow on September 12, 2013, 03:16:23 AM
*...wonders who's Mel & Allen's chaperone is...*   :P
If they were closer I'd volunteer....:ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I think Jeremy is still in shock.

Sometimes I am too, still. Such a huge turnaround for me. Thats ok though...I like it!

mini

Yes im in shock!  You have been dating 37 minutes and you are talking wedding plans?!?  Boy, if Seth had ever got off high center and winked at you, you would be on your 4th dozen of kids by now!  LOL

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on September 12, 2013, 01:29:41 PM
Yes im in shock!  You have been dating 37 minutes and you are talking wedding plans?!?  Boy, if Seth had ever got off high center and winked at you, you would be on your 4th dozen of kids by now!  LOL
:laughhard: :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I sure am glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when I went to check the forum this morning.  Reading this thread can be dangerous.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

When it's right and you know, why wait?! We KNOW this is right. And we are not getting any younger. It will still be April or so before we marry. We are just talking things thru. Pastor likes to know and be involved as well.

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

I have no room for opinion, I married in my senior year of high school.  If it's of God and you're getting good marital teaching and living for God, it'll all work out.  Getting into church saved my marriage. Actually living for God in a serious way, made my marriage wonderful.

Cloudy day today but no rain yet.  I wish it would just storm already.  I'm not cleaning that house after all.  I'm sort of relieved, it was a friend's referral and I'm already awkward around new people and to go in their house and clean it?  Is pretty overwhelming actually.  But I still would have done it... lol  People don't realize how nervous I actually am 99% of the time.

mini

I for one highly recommend against extended engagements.

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on September 12, 2013, 03:36:02 PM
I for one highly recommend against extended engagements.
:stupid:
Lou and I went on a first date in June-ish,  proposed in August ( I think), married the 5th of September. Just passed the ten year mark, and know without a doubt it was the best thing to ever happen to me. When it's right, you know it....

mini

SippinTea

Nicely played, Mini. Roscoe walked right into that one. :bigcheese:

Mel, I'm dancing on tiptoe with happiness for you. *HUG* :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

:chairspin:

Thanks for yalls support. The only person grumpy about this is Seth. lol

Im headed out. Gotta pay the phone bill and get some more of dads money from the bank for Tithes and offering and rent. LOL Since he isnt with me, I can only withdraw $300 at a time from the ATM per day...so its taking multiple days to get the bills paid. Usually he can get it all out himself, but I cant.  So Its off to the bank again today and tomorrow too.

I just text Allan to see if he needs me to bring him lunch. He usually doesnt eat lunch every day, but its hot and I worry he will pass out or something going all day without food, and I know he didnt take anything with him today.

MelodyB

Allan and I went to Sonic for his lunch break, (99 cent hotdogs today only!) and then I went to the bank and forgot about paying the phone bill. OOPS! Oh well, I can pay it tomorrow.

Making chicken and yellow rice for dinner. Im making it now cause poor mistreated left-out-cause-Mel-has-a-boyfriend now Mom is hungry, God forbid. She could have eaten something here, but because I went out and ate with Allan, she decided not to eat lunch so she could whine. :roll:

What to do, what to do with these parents!