News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

The State of Godplace!

Started by Scott, January 14, 2013, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Tricia Lea

rootbeer

I just noticed a major mistake in my post:
QuotePeople on another board I visit or less than polite fairly often.

People on another board ARE less . . .
I recently noticed a school teacher on another place mis-using "there."  You would think a school teacher should know about the word "their" and not use "there" in its place.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

Roxie

Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Scott

Quote from: rootbeer on February 27, 2013, 11:15:36 PM
I just noticed a major mistake in my post:
QuotePeople on another board I visit or less than polite fairly often.

People on another board ARE less . . .
I recently noticed a school teacher on another place mis-using "there."  You would think a school teacher should know about the word "their" and not use "there" in its place.

Most common mis use of a word.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Maybe their not using there words right over they're.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Dew-Ax-238

I know that I don't come in here as often as I used to... But I am like others I still come in a lurk every now and then...

Please DO NOT CLOSE this site.... to me this is a safe place... IF we need prayer, we know that we can come in here and request prayer and that there will be people praying for us..

I need to come in here more often...
:P
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Roscoe

Quote from: Dew-Ax-238 on March 02, 2013, 10:15:46 AM
I know that I don't come in here as often as I used to... But I am like others I still come in a lurk every now and then...

Please DO NOT CLOSE this site.... to me this is a safe place... IF we need prayer, we know that we can come in here and request prayer and that there will be people praying for us..

I need to come in here more often...
:P

Yes. Yes you do.... :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

BroTrey

:reaction:

Actually...
:addnothing:

I don't pop in enough to lurk well, let alone post well enough to have a valid opinion.   :smirk2:
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Lynx

A sad state of affairs... but one that could be rectified with only a mere modicum of effort on your part.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

Found this thread by accident.  I would definately miss Godplace if it just up and disappeared.  So few decent places  anymore to really meet and interact with people that aren't already part of your family or offline life.

I do like the re organize that was done on the board in the year I was away.  Looks lot less messy now.

RainbowJingles

Okay...  so I'm REALLY late joining this discussion, and I'm glad GP is still here so I can join in.
I see my beloved husband has eloquently voiced a lot of how I feel about this place.

Thank you, Scott/GP for being a safe place where we can have fun and meet (fairly sane) people.  lol

And I don't have my glasses on, so this is how I first read what Jason had to say about Roscoe:
Quote from: taco_harvell on January 21, 2013, 05:51:28 PM
Roscoe has become a real bother to me...

Roscoe

Quote from: RainbowJingles on August 01, 2013, 01:53:17 AM

And I don't have my glasses on, so this is how I first read what Jason had to say about Roscoe:
Quote from: taco_harvell on January 21, 2013, 05:51:28 PM
Roscoe has become a real bother to me...
I am sure that is more true than you realize....but in the words of the late Sis Mcgruder- "You ain't seen nothin' yet." :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

dnr1128

I drop in to this forum probably once every three months.  Not even often enough to be a lurker. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Chseeads

Quote from: dnr1128 on September 05, 2013, 03:37:52 AM
I drop in to this forum probably once every three months.  Not even often enough to be a lurker. 

Good, we never liked you anyhow.

dnr1128

Quote from: Chseeads on September 21, 2013, 02:15:44 AM

Idiot.
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Scott

Quote from: dnr1128 on October 04, 2013, 02:45:53 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on September 21, 2013, 02:15:44 AM

Idiot.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

You might hurt his feelings and cause him to drink shampoo again. (He loves "no more tears")
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

dnr1128

Chseeads