Main Menu

The State of Godplace!

Started by Scott, January 14, 2013, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

I say keep GP... Especially if cost is not an issue. It is a "safe place"
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roxie

I know I don't even post but sometimes I lurk. Not often enough...

Don't close it  :nono: I'd be  :sadbounce:
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Which type of person are you?

Heather

Roxanne I wish you would post more  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

Where would I ever announce that I am pregnant if we close godplace?  Facebook?  Yeah right.

(for those of you wondering, I AM a male)
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roxie

Heather,
I am gonna try to post more. :) Great to hear that you are back in church.  Miss talking to you!

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 18, 2013, 05:09:16 PM
Where would I ever announce that I am pregnant if we close godplace?  Facebook?  Yeah right.

LOL!  I would ask for your millions if you did fall pregnant! :)
Some people make things happen, some watch while things happen, and some wonder \"What happened?\"

Scott

Is there something you  need to confess?
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

awilkes05

Quote from: Roxie on January 18, 2013, 04:37:57 PM
I know I don't even post but sometimes I lurk. Not often enough...

Don't close it  :nono: I'd be  :sadbounce:

Same here!
"Take me to that place Lord, to that secret place, where I can be with YOU.  You can make me like You."

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on January 16, 2013, 06:03:29 AM
I say keep GP... Especially if cost is not an issue. It is a "safe place"
Yeah, and some of us NEED a safe house... er, a safe place.   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

Nothing added to the quote!

I announce that I am pregnant    Yeah right.

mini

Melody

I think GP could be thinned out a bit threadwise.  We definitely don't use it all. 

taco_harvell

If it weren't for GP I probably would never have connected with my spouse and many of the people I consider my best friends. GP has been a major part of many posters lives. I will forever be grateful for the different incarnations of this forum. I am grateful it was here in a time of my life I really really REALLY needed a place like GP where I could come here and be real and let the pain I was in show.

My beautiful wife and I reconnected through this forum. It was at a meetup of GP friends where we got to meet for the first time. It was actually thanks to GP friends that we got to meet at that point. You could in many ways say if it wasn't for GP friends we possibly would still be chatting on YM and talking on the phone at night.

Thanks to GP I have met some great men of GOD who have become my friends and have ministered to me in times I needed it. I might get an out of the blue text from Mini with insight about a scripture at the most random moment but always when I needed it. Roscoe has become a real brother to me and been a blessing in ways I can't even explain here.  I would have never crossed their path if it wasn't for GP.

Ruby, Chel, Melody, and others I met through these three have been a blessing in my life. They may not know it but they have ministered to me at times through post on here or through FB post. I may not let them know it enough but they have been a blessing in my life. Three more people I would not know without GP.

Thomas was one of the greatest people I ever had the privilege to know. I could say so much about how he impacted my life in the very short time I was allowed to know him. I thank God for the short time we were able to be friends on this earth and look forward to seeing him again some day. Again, without GP this friendship wouldn't exist.

I could keep typing and list the ways others like Sis, Seth, John, MY, Isaac and others have also influenced me in great meaningful ways. My point is this though as long as people like this come around and post even if it is in one thread GP needs to be here. I wouldn't want to take it down and risk someone who needs people like this not having the chance to discover them.

That is all!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

That is all... as long as we don't forget the power cord this time.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Well said Taco. Well said. Everyone here has at some point uplifted me when I needed it most. Some with words of wisdom, some with gifts, some with just being the comedian that I needed at the moment. Thankful for all of ya....and the ones that used to post here as well. I read old threads occasionally and find pearls of wisdom throughout the silliness..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on January 21, 2013, 11:10:25 PM
I read old threads occasionally and find pearls of wisdom throughout the silliness..

Pearls before swine, copper.....  :P

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

He-Man

Quote from: Scott on January 18, 2013, 05:39:32 PM

Is there something you  need to confess?

No comment. Maybe you don't need 20+ forum subdivisions though.
%41%61%72%6F%6E

rootbeer

I don't post much but I check in sometimes to see what's happening.  This is one of the more civil boards.  People on another board I visit or less than polite fairly often. 
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

World Traveler

I have been through all three: upci.com, upci.ws, and godplace.com. You must admit, though, if it wasn't for this some of you, well, most of you, would never get to know who I am. :-) Hee hee.
I vote to keep it. I know I don't post much, but I do read.
This place has been helpful to me in the past with serious Bible questions and with computer issues. I woudl miss that.
Just my two cents.
There is no statute of limitations on murder or bad first impressions.

I am enjoying my second childhood.
It is a lot of fun.
I have money this time!!

Marry, divorce, marry someone new, divorce, marry again, divorce, marry again... Polygamy on the installment plan.

Tricia Lea

I still lurk here once in a blue moon and I  vote keep it.

:hi:

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roxie

:great: so far so good with coming here more often. Are you guys shocked?