News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Roscoe, Minnie and Newsman makes three, talk about the meetup in Sharing 453!

Started by Lynx, December 26, 2011, 06:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

:pound: Roscoe for good measure.

As an officer, I'm sure you know all the best places to confinscate buy them.

Lovely day here.  Made some GF banana and pumpkin bread.  Went for a walk, headed to Lowe's next to exchange this unsanded grout I accidently bought in taupe instead of white.  You'd think I'd know better being the wife of a carpenter.  Duh me.   

I have been dreading/saying everyday that I'm going to give our dog a bath.  And everyday I have found something better to do.  I need to bathe him though, so TODAY is the day... probably.

IowaSkirtGirl

I still smell like work. I'm waiting on a phone call and don't want to be mid shampoo when I get it..UGH!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Roscoe

I almost feel like I've stumbled into Mellow Yellow's house....All the herb smelling.... :hypocrite:

The Italian chicken and herb dish in the crockpot certainly smells good.  :fork: That, some baked tators, rolls and corn should do nicely for dinner.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on December 29, 2011, 10:45:31 PM
I almost feel like I've stumbled into Mellow Yellow's house....All the herb smelling.... :hypocrite:

The Italian chicken and herb dish in the crockpot certainly smells good.  :fork: That, some baked tators, rolls and corn should do nicely for dinner.

LOL Carb much?  I can't say a lot, last night we had taco-chili w/ lots of fritos on top.

I bet that does smell good though!  Sometimes I like to imagine all the families gathering around the table for dinner and saying grace... sentimental.

Today my house smells of pumpkin and banana bread.  Tonight it's Chicken Enchalada casserole.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 29, 2011, 10:53:40 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 29, 2011, 10:45:31 PM

LOL Carb much?  I can't say a lot, last night we had taco-chili w/ lots of fritos on top.

I bet that does smell good though!  Sometimes I like to imagine all the families gathering around the table for dinner and saying grace... sentimental.

Today my house smells of pumpkin and banana bread.  Tonight it's Chicken Enchalada casserole.
Carbs are good....... :biglaugh: I need to make some of that chicken enchalada stuff I posted the reciepe for several months ago. I don't think I've made it since then.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

myhaloisintheshop

We are having BBQ pork steak, mac and cheese, deviled eggs and green beans.

These boys can't go back to school soon enough.   I wish we lived in the country so I could send them out to do something productive.  Bryen is at the age where his little brothers annoy him to no end.  He wants his dad to get his truck in the garage soon so he can hideaway and tinker on it....lol

Roscoe

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on December 29, 2011, 11:43:34 PM

These boys can't go back to school soon enough.   I wish we lived in the country so I could send them out to do something productive.  Bryen is at the age where his little brothers annoy him to no end.  He wants his dad to get his truck in the garage soon so he can hideaway and tinker on it....lol
Wait 'til he meets Rusty.... :freaky2: If he's like I was at that age, he will drive you and his dad crazy with trucks...
  And he lives on route 66... I'd LOVE to have that outside my door. There's more car related history in your area than you can shake a stick at.

Lynx

The sourdough starter is set out to cultivate.  Tomorrow I will spend some time making sourdough bread.  My reserves are empty, gotta replenish.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

P.S.  We did in fact wind up going to a chinese buffet place today.  I'm jealous, they make better egg custard than I can make.  And they make it there, I asked.  They make a lot of their stuff there and it's very (burp) good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Hubby had supper cooked when I got home.  Chicken, cheese potatoes, corn and cinnamon rolls. :fork:

Chseeads

Quote from: myhaloisintheshop on December 29, 2011, 11:43:34 PM

Pooh...we should've planned this earlier and you could've sent him here for Christmas break...I'd have had the poor kid shoveling poop from daylight till dark. lol 

Went to church, came home.  Bro. Weir preached.  I asked him to yesterday when I was in the throws of the plague.  I was well enough to go at least and handle music.  I need two or three of me...but not identical exactly, so they are not all sick at the same times.....

My dad has surgery in the morning at 10:40...joy.....

Lynx

Well I now have flea/tick collars on the cat and dog.  The dog is cool with it but Nancia is still a kitten and is unaccustomed to having a collar on her neck so she keeps scratching.  I tried to tell her the collar is to KEEP her from having to scratch stuff...

What?  Yes, I know it's winter.  They can get fleas and ticks in the winter too.  And I want to have them used to collars before spring, when they'll really need them.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Granny is making me chocolate gravy on Sunday morning while she's here for Kevin & Lians wedding. :) She's the original maker in our family so I'm excited that Jeremy gets to try hers!

Speaking of Jeremy... We almost killed one another over our invitations haha. Iget frustrated on his use of time and how he worded the invite. He hates how quick I shut him down. I thInk we have it done as long as it prints ok. I wish we had the money to have a printer somewhere do it for us instead of us having to print them ourselves and worry about spacing! Ugh.. Haha.

Chseeads

"We're gettin' married, come if you want to, if you don't, shut up."

How hard is it to agree on that?  Short, sweet, and do the point.  :P

I'm going to sleep now.

Backseat Radio

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Morning y'all.  Time to make some dough. 

No, not money.  Time to make up some sourdough.  Anyone who wants a fresh, hot loaf of sourdough bread, stop by sometime after 6pm tonight. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

It's the last day of my mini-vacation. :sadbounce: And in keeping with the past week,I've slept in way too long. I'm thinking about trying to make chocolate gravy.....
I have got absolutely nothing accomplished this week and I ashamed of myself. Kinda. :biglaugh:

Lynx

I sure am glad I'm not a diabetic...  I'd be in trouble now.  After mixing up the sourdough and setting it to rise, Grandma and I split a honeydew melon, then peeled, sliced, fried and ate a plantain.  Good breakfast, but I hate to think what my blood sugar would be. 

Fried plantains come in somewhere between a banana and a sweet potato. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

In the meantime, while I'm waiting for the dough to rise (sourdough takes a lot longer than normal yeast dough) I think I will try out a program of Isaac Newton's involving an object at rest. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Don't everyone post at one time now, we don't want to crash the server with too much traffic...

I just got a txt mssg "Hey girl, is the party still on?"  Wrong number of course, but should I play along? 

Nah, even if I did get to go to that party it would mean missing my family's party.  And that I do not want to miss! :D
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio