Pick on Chel thread #2

Started by Lynx, July 12, 2011, 05:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iridiscente

The Purple Fuzzy

We've had folks drive for hours to "drop in" and "surprise" us that left disappointed because we weren't home.

sunlight

Quote from: iridiscente on October 05, 2011, 09:22:48 PM
Chel, do you like surprises?

Generally no, but I guess that depends on who it is doing the surprising. There are not many people who know me well enough to know what I would like as a surprise.  Whenever I hear about a surprise... my first gut reaction is dread... And then I get over it.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

iridiscente

Chel, I've got you a surprise :REG:

sunlight

Lynx

Well it seems her own family is taking care of picking on her enough for a while.  I can take a break.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

iridiscente

Guess what, I made my own laundry soap: http://sagaunscripted.blogspot.com/2011/10/homemade-liquid-laundry-detergent.html What I would like to do now is find some good smelling essential oils to make it smell good. :) What fragrance would you like in your detergent?

Lynx

:offtopic:

You're supposed to be picking on her!   :pound:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

I don't know, but if you give me a few choices to smell, I will tell you what one I like best...

Newsman

I literally BOLed on that one!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

Quote from: iridiscente on October 06, 2011, 02:10:59 AM
Chel, I've got you a surprise :REG:

iridiscente

I was thinking I could make you some that smelled like chocolate milk, LOL...

sunlight

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

iridiscente

Melody

Ylang ylang, jasmine & sweet basil are all mild nice scents imho. Just in case you're looking for suggestions.

& basil is supposed to be a smell that biting bugs dislike. :)

sunlight

how do you pronounce ylang ylang?

iridiscente

Quote from: MellowYellow on October 09, 2011, 04:33:22 AM
Ylang ylang, jasmine & sweet basil are all mild nice scents imho. Just in case you're looking for suggestions.

& basil is supposed to be a smell that biting bugs dislike. :)
Thanks! :) I'd like to find one with citrus. :D But since this was a pick on Chel thread, the food ones sounded more disgusting. :D

Lynx

Yes, must stay on topic.  :D  But if you want citrus, have you tried bergamot?

Speaking of the topic, Chel never did reply re. the scent of Borden's chocolate milk. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Quote from: sunlight on October 09, 2011, 09:07:13 PM
how do you pronounce ylang ylang?

Lol idk. I say "lang lang." Not sure if i've heard it said.

Good suggestion Isaac. Wonder if u can use extracts?

Lynx

Happy birthday Chel.  You're... what, 58 again? 

http://www.box.net/shared/rgan14oxt5

Oh wait... this is a "pick on" thread.  Hmmm, something to pick on her about...

Oh that's easy.  Too bad you're over there and not over here.  I'd send you some happy birthday sourdough cinnamon rolls.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:grin: Thank you! I get back home this weekend, so you have time to make them, and ship them, and have them waiting on me when I get back home Ike... :grin: Do you need my address again, or do you still have it? :halo:

iridiscente

LOL! What makes you think they wouldn't get eaten before you got home? :halo:

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on October 11, 2011, 04:31:18 PM
:grin: Thank you! I get back home this weekend, so you have time to make them, and ship them, and have them waiting on me when I get back home Ike... :grin: Do you need my address again, or do you still have it? :halo:
Whoa, whoa, hold it, this is a pick on YOU thread!  Start a new thread if you want to pick on me.  :P

In all seriousness, the logistics of shipping them would be tight.  They'd be all old-tasting by the time they got there. 

Is it possible to ship stuff frozen?  Who would ship it and how do they keep it frozen?  I'm guessing ice packs wouldn't cut it in regular USPS mail.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Oh, and another thing - you come home this weekend, but who's to say you'll still be there Monday?  With your track record you could be gone again, and they would be left sitting wherever your mom stuck them who-knows-how-long until you returned again.  :P

Speaking of your mom... does she know about the last batch?  I sent a good 15 or 16 home with you and your poor parents never got so much as a sniff! :nono:
"Do you sing at church?"