News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

MacBook

Started by mini, July 31, 2008, 02:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

I have been given the opportunity to play with a MacBook for a while, kind of a meet and greet with OSX/Apple.  I think the last time I may have messed with a apple was in the 80's in elementary school.  Also, I thought messing with Linux and a Ipod for a while would help me...lol.  Guess I was wrong.

My first thoughts are on the laptop itself:  Its nice, light, and a little hot.  Every thing looks great, but for goodness sakes, dont put it on your lap!  Then we get to the layout...was this thing designed by left handed people?  EVERYTHING is on the left side except for the DVD drive...which brings me to my next point.  When you stick a disk in there, it sounds like a devil got turned loose in there.  Its loud!  And why do they chose white for their primary color?  Do they expect everyone in the world to be pasty kids with clean hands?  If you picked a booger in third grade, it will leave a smear on this keyboard/computer now.  You have to have white gloves to use it.

As of right now, i dont have many complaints with OSX.  If you are a major Apple fan, dont count this as a victory...yet.  My biggest complaint it the left handed layout of everything.  Why cant they put the (x) to close out things on the right hand side?  Yes, i may be a Micro$oft user, but sheesh, even Ubuntu knows how to put it on the right hand side.

One thing that I dont understand fully is that when you close everything (x) it doesn't close.  Flying monkey poo, why wont it close?  Instead, you go to the bar across the top, then close it.  Whats the purpose of the (x) anyways?  Looks?  It makes you feel better cause it gave you a windows like (x)?

I know these things are minimal, but man, i feel like ive been dropped in the middle of France not knowing any of the language, with a English to French pocket dictionary and 3 cases of shaving cream and razors to sell.  Im lost and everyone is hacked off at me.  LOL

But I aint giving up...LOL

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller