News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Anybody else here get "shakey" and want to eat?

Started by Mrs. Yosemite, April 23, 2008, 04:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrs. Yosemite

I get the shakes nearly everyday. It seems like if I dont hurry up and eat, I will faint. And man, I could eat the house down!!  My med records don't show diabetes, so I wonder what else it could be. I hate that "LOW" shakey feeling. Does anybody else do this? Anyone know what the problem is? I dont know what I need.  ???

Chseeads

Probably low blood sugar, Mrs. Yo. 

I have some hypoglycemia issues.  It can definitely do that do ya if your sugar drops..make you feel shakey, etc. 

Tell your doc about that...they can check and see if your sugar has been running low...

In the meantime, stay away from eating/drinking refined sugars and lots of white breads and stuff.  Eat more protein, and whole grain things.  And space your meals out by eating smaller portions more times per day and stuff.

Tricia Lea

Tsalagi

Quote from: Chseeads on April 23, 2008, 04:57:56 PM
Probably low blood sugar, Mrs. Yo. 

I have some hypoglycemia issues.  It can definitely do that do ya if your sugar drops..make you feel shakey, etc. 

Tell your doc about that...they can check and see if your sugar has been running low...

In the meantime, stay away from eating/drinking refined sugars and lots of white breads and stuff.  Eat more protein, and whole grain things.  And space your meals out by eating smaller portions more times per day and stuff.

What he said.  You might also consider taking cinnamon to help regulate your blood sugar.  I know some people use it when quitting smoking because it *really* reduces "nic fits" caused by blood sugar irregularities after quitting.

Chseeads

Sis

I just read an article that says that it doesn't work for balancing blood sugar. But I've also read articles that say that Vitamin C doesn't help colds. Maybe the drug companies don't like home remedies.   :laughhard:

Mrs. Yosemite

Reading that reminded me of something. Come to think of it, I had a bad cold a few weeks ago and I noticed that I ate a peice of toast with cinnamon sprinkled on it. Next thing I knew my sinuses started clearing out and I got better. And I wondered if the cinnamon had anything to do with it, but wasnt sure. Now I read that somebody else has heard of it. So there must be something to it. I will try it next time I started trembling.

Also if cinnamon helps people stop smoking, I know some folks who need a dumptruck load of it. lol

Mz YO

Sis

OOOHHHH! My allergies have been acting up really bad lately. Maybe I'll go make some cinnamon toast.  Or make one of the Starbucks Apple Cinnamon drink. YUM! If it doesn't work, it's gonna taste good.

Backseat Radio

My first time in college my eating habbits weren't good.  I'd get busy and sidetracked doing other things and would forget to eat.  I'd go days on end only eating maybe a small salad or something at night.  During that time I was very zombified and very sick. At least twice I remember I'd gone long enough with out hardly eating that when I did try to eat food my body rejected it and threw it back up.  The don't eat, get sick, don't eat cause I felt sick cycle was common enough with me then that about a week before a church camp or conference I'd have to literally fight with my body be able to eat more normally.

My 2nd time in college I come to find out that I have low blood sugar and low blood pressure my.  I'd went to the school medical center to find out why I was the room felt like it was swaying or moving up and down on me when I wasn't in an elevator. the Nurse Practitioner told me to add salt to my diet and to eat a combo of things to bring my sugar up and level it off. 

I still have difficulties with if I go for very long with out eating I get dizzy and headachy.  Looking back its a wonder I didn't destroy my health the first time around in colllege with my eating habbits being what they were then.

Mrs. Yosemite

BSR, I know what you went thru. I also know what it feels like when your blood pressure is too low. I had problems blacking out all the time.  First I would get dizzy or woozy then everything would turn green and get darker and darker 'til I was blind. (Talk about a scary feeling.)  After I would start panicing, thinking I was blind, my sight would start coming back. Then I would have to lay down till my stomach was settled.

I havent done that in a while, but I do think it's from not eating enough food.  I'm bad to skip breakfast and thats usually when I have those weak trembling spells. Sometimes I lose all coordination and get clumsy. I turn stuff over trying to pic something up. Then my speech gets slurred.  I cant hold a honey-bun or candy bar straight enough to gobble it down without dropping it.   Man thats a terrible feeling.

A doctor put me on glucophage which is a blood sugar regulator. Man I started dropping about 4 to 5 lbs per week. Which was a good thing and I was excited since I was a bit overweight. But then when the doc found out I was losing weight like that, he wouldnt refill my prescription cause he said losing weight that fast would damage my liver.  :frustrated:

WELL HOOPTY! Guess we gonna die of SOMETHING.   

I will take a spoonful of cinamon and see what happens. lol

Mrs. Yosemite

Quote from: Sis on April 23, 2008, 09:14:16 PM
OOOHHHH! My allergies have been acting up really bad lately. Maybe I'll go make some cinnamon toast.  Or make one of the Starbucks Apple Cinnamon drink. YUM! If it doesn't work, it's gonna taste good.

SIS,

Let us know how the drink turned out on your sinuses. lol Inquiring minds want to know!!

NessasMama

It happens to me all the day. I drink some orange juice and it really helps alot! With me it's low blood sugar and it dips around noon time every day if I don't eat lunch on time.
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Sis

Yeah, what she ^ said.

Also, I am another one who hates breakfast. I can't eat anything much for about two or three hours after I get up. Drove my mother crazy. I just can't stand the sight of food until then.

When I was working, to keep myself from dipping into that tired feeling from not being able to eat until afternoon, I got some instant breakfast. It really helped when I didn't feel like eating.

Like I said, I didn't have low blood sugar, but I would get extremely tired around noon if I didn't do it.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Mrs. Yosemite on April 24, 2008, 01:35:35 PM
BSR, I know what you went thru. I also know what it feels like when your blood pressure is too low. I had problems blacking out all the time.  First I would get dizzy or woozy then everything would turn green and get darker and darker 'til I was blind. (Talk about a scary feeling.)  After I would start panicing, thinking I was blind, my sight would start coming back. Then I would have to lay down till my stomach was settled.

I used to have those kinds of blackouts all the time and hated them.  I'd stand up and the room would just gray out and I'd have to sit back down or hang onto something for a few moments till my vision came back.  I never associated it back then with blood pressure problems or lack of eating but I can see where that might have been an early sign of things weren't right.

The other thing I used to have show up all the time in urine tests is keytones (I think thats how its spelled).  for those that don't know what that means, it basically is an indication that your body is consuming itself.  Where that might not necessarily be a bad thing for someone who's overweight and trying to loose that weight, I was just barely 100 lbs and that should have made the doctor question if I was underweight.