News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Use my word!

Started by Babs, January 20, 2008, 07:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

OH OH! Sounds like some gadfly has been getting under your skin lately. Don't let it worry you, we're not all like that.

Compunction

Babs

he really felt a great deal of Compunction when he skipped out on work that day.

hesitation
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Sis

I can use that word without hesitation.

Prodigal

Babs

Because of the parable, a lot of people think prodigal simply means to go away and come back, but that's not the whole story.

metaphorical

My latest blog post.

sunlight

metaphorically... our teacher is a parrot... (the amount of times that she saiys 'and something like that is not helping me stay concentrated... but it is keeping me awake by helping to count them!... its been about an hour and she has already said it like 25 times... we are counting... lol! the joys of distant campus... we have it really big at the front of the room... bol.  ohh, there she goes again... make that 26.  I'm glad we arent counting the umm's too... it would be hard to keep up. There were just 5 of them in 15 seconds there. )

rotation
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Babs

in order for the system to work rotation of products must be done on a regular basis.

exuberance

My latest blog post.

Sis

In their youthful exuberance, they got involved in local politics.

Polysyllabic

JakeLeonard

You can't come to a job interview and talk with polysyllabic words; they will think you're stupid (or in some cases - an idutard - a hybrid idiot/retard).

psychokinesis

Sis

Stephen King's story of Carrie is all about a girl who was involved in psychokinesis.

promulgating

Babs

she was promulgating her love for him everywhere.

schadenfreude

My latest blog post.

Sis

You went German? OHHHHHH KKKKAAAAYYYYY!

Although the connotations of schadenfreude are almost universally negative, it does form the basis of much of our humor.

Ostentatious

JakeLeonard

Lady Boleyn had such an ostentatious personality that it attracted Henry, King of England, but made her sister Mary jealous and attempting to court him.

(Sorry, I just recently watched The Other Boleyn Girl last week.)

Kielbasa

Sis

Oh Yum! Kielbasa on a bun with onions, catsup and mustard is great!

vaniloquent

JakeLeonard

A telemarketer often uses vaniloquent wording to engage a sale.

Polymorphosis

Sis

Quote from: JakeLeonard on March 10, 2008, 06:42:44 PM
A telemarketer often uses vaniloquent wording to engage a sale.

Polymorphosis

we have the phenomena of multiple consciousness or of multiple personality, in short, the phenomena of polymorphosis.

extemporaneous

Babs

we had an extemporaneous dinner that was fantastic!

trahugeous

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Oooooh, this IS a fun game! 

*sharpens his teeth*

But trahugeous is not a real word...  Give me something else.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 01, 2011, 01:54:51 PM
Oooooh, this IS a fun game! 

*sharpens his teeth*

But trahugeous is not a real word...  Give me something else.

trachycarpous
adj. - rough-fruited. trachyglossate, adj. rough-tongued. trachyphonia, n. roughness of voice. trachyspermous, adj. rough-seeded.

:hypocrite:

My latest blog post.

Lynx

My pastor is 78 years old.  He's been preaching so long, in so many places, at such volume that his voice is downright trachyphonius, and his skin is trachycarpous from his secular job as a carpenter.  You should see his hands - the right hand is normal for a 78 year old man, but the left hand has not one fingernail that doesn't look rotten.  Guess which hand he holds the nails with when he hammers them in.  C'mon, guess!

rodomontade.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Babs

his rhodomontade has gotten to be a bore and he should get over himself

amphitryon

My latest blog post.

Lynx

He played the part of an amphytrion in the melee, hoping both his opponents would wear each other out enough for him to take them both down.

It's rodomontade, not rhodomontade.

Calumnious
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 02, 2011, 01:34:50 AM
He played the part of an amphytrion in the melee, hoping both his opponents would wear each other out enough for him to take them both down.

It's rodomontade, not rhodomontade.

Calumnious

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/rhodomontade

i copy and paste.

rhodomontade
- 2 dictionary results
rhod·o·mon·tade
   /ˌrɒdəmɒnˈteɪd, -ˈtɑd, -mən-, ˌroʊdə-/ Show Spelled[rod-uh-mon-teyd, -tahd, -muhn-, roh-duh-] Show IPA
–noun, adjective, verb, -tad·ed, -tad·ing. Obsolete

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Well all I know is my browser's automatic underlining of misspelled words put red under "rhodomontade" and not under "rodomontade."  Guess it didn't get archaic enough.
"Do you sing at church?"

Babs

i like using the obscure words for this game, makes me learn new words lol useless but new lol

My latest blog post.

Lynx

They are not useless!  Using a word someone doesn't know is a great way to find out a lot about that person.  Another good way is to say "Good morning!" in mid-afternoon or night.  Anything unexpected will throw a person off his stride and reveal a lot about his character.

Your turn still...
"Do you sing at church?"